MunnoTheCat

Been a LPR for almost 13 years

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I am back,

I must say that visajourney is what i used in the past and been using it since 2008. Awesome site, helped millions and saved their $$$ big time. Now, It is about time that i am filing for N400 and hope my turn comes faster. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my post.

i was given conditonal green card in 2009, applied for adjustment of status in 2011, given 10 years GC. my GC expiry coming next year in July 2024, but i thought to apply for citizenship rather renewing my GC. My question is, since i have been a PR for more than 10 years, would it make my application processing time any faster? tax return filer, nothing to owe, straight record.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lostinwind said:

Hi, I am back,

I must say that visajourney is what i used in the past and been using it since 2008. Awesome site, helped millions and saved their $$$ big time. Now, It is about time that i am filing for N400 and hope my turn comes faster. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my post.

i was given conditonal green card in 2009, applied for adjustment of status in 2011, given 10 years GC. my GC expiry coming next year in July 2024, but i thought to apply for citizenship rather renewing my GC. My question is, since i have been a PR for more than 10 years, would it make my application processing time any faster? tax return filer, nothing to owe, straight record.

Nope. Sorry.  But chances of rfe is much lower as long as you pay careful attention to the instructions and submit all required documentation the first time 

5 minutes ago, Lostinwind said:

adjustment of status in 2011,

Removal of conditions is the name, but anyway N400 are going pretty fast these days. Filing online is very quick and easy, not a lot of documents needed.

Search for your field office on the processing times on the USCIS website or around the forums here on the website to see but lot sof places are working on under a year from filing to oath. Good luck!

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, jackiegringa said:

Removal of conditions is the name, but anyway N400 are going pretty fast these days. Filing online is very quick and easy, not a lot of documents needed.

Search for your field office on the processing times on the USCIS website or around the forums here on the website to see but lot sof places are working on under a year from filing to oath. Good luck!

my bad lol, yes ROC is the name for sure, where can i find my field office?

10 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Nope. Sorry.  But chances of rfe is much lower as long as you pay careful attention to the instructions and submit all required documentation the first time 

tried my best to provide all supporting docs on what i mentioned there. But you never know. Thanks for the input 

On 9/12/2023 at 10:45 PM, Lostinwind said:

where can i find my field office?

Enter your residential zip code here (scroll to bottom of page) -- https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

53 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Enter your residential zip code here (scroll to bottom of page) -- https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

Thank you so much. I figured it would be in Long Island NY, same place i went to when filed for ROC in November 2011, was approved in for 10 years on July 2014. Another roller coaster to ride before it all ends. I was checking people input in other months' threads and looks like cases are being processed pretty fast for most of them. Even IO are working from home but doing interviews virtually, which is good and makes things go faster. Thought to share with other September filers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.