Yoji

Lifting of Condition

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

I get married in the US 6 months after entering as a tourist. I'll be filling for Lifting of Condition about 3 months from now. I would like to know if every one is invited for a second interview? Is there a criteria?

Thanks,

Yoji

No. Not everyone is require to be interviewed at the Removal of Conditions stage. Some are randomly called, some provide scant evidence and are therefore more likely to be interviewed.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
BTW, six moths ago we moved to a new place, not far away. Do I have to inform any one, while I’m conditioned??

You have to inform USCIS every time you move until you become a U.S. citizen - regardless of conditions on your permanent residency. You should submit AR-11 within 10 days of your move, so hurry up and submit it now, and pray you don't get in major trouble with USCIS, for not filing AR-11 is a violation. Aslo, your sponsor (spouse) needs to file a I-865 - sponsor's change of address form. A sponsor has 30 days to notify USCIS.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
BTW, six moths ago we moved to a new place, not far away. Do I have to inform any one, while I’m conditioned??

You have to inform USCIS every time you move until you become a U.S. citizen - regardless of conditions on your permanent residency. You should submit AR-11 within 10 days of your move, so hurry up and submit it now, and pray you don't get in major trouble with USCIS, for not filing AR-11 is a violation. Aslo, your sponsor (spouse) needs to file a I-865 - sponsor's change of address form. A sponsor has 30 days to notify USCIS.

HOLY COW!!! I didn't realize this. We moved last year and I never notified USCIS. We filed the I-765 a few days ago, with our new address, and included (per the form) our previous address (which USCIS had). What can I do now? Anything short of praying? What kind of trouble can we be in here? #######!

* 129F filed in Nebraska in Aug 2004

* NOA1 August 3, 2004

* APPROVED NOA2 November 30, 2004 OMG :D :D :D (119 days)

* NSC forwards package to Vancouver Consulate on Dec 16, 2004

* Packet received by Vancouver Consulate on Dec 27, 2004

* Package 3 received by Smiwi on Dec 30, 2004

* Checklist returned to Vancouver Consulate on Jan 3, 2005 with requested interview date of Jan 25, 2005

* Package 4 received by Smiwi on January 11, 2005

* Interview scheduled for January 25, 2005 @ 10 am

* Visa Granted!!!! January 25, 2005

* Cross into the United States @ Niagra Falls January 26, 2005

* 2/18 MARRIED :D

* AOS finally filed April 25, 2005

* NOA1 June 1

* Biometrics July 7

* AOS interview for October 25, 2005 8:30 am!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot!

* Green card effective 10/25/2005

*I-751 filed July 27, 2007

Evidence

2 letters of attestation, our driver's licenses, bank statement, 2006 & 2005 joint tax returns, 403B and life ins beneficiary statements, car insurance, mortgage documents, credit cards (oye), health ins, airline tickets from a trip together, a variety of pictures

*I-751 Received by NSC July 30, 2007

*10 yr Green card issued without interview effective 11/28/2007

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

HOLY COW!!! I didn't realize this. We moved last year and I never notified USCIS. We filed the I-765 a few days ago, with our new address, and included (per the form) our previous address (which USCIS had). What can I do now? Anything short of praying? What kind of trouble can we be in here? #######!

i wouldn't worry about it...

but I would file the forms now though...

this one you can fill out online or you can mail it in....

AR-11

this one you have to mail in...

Sponsor's notice of change of adress...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

AR-11

Yep doing it now, but we are over a year out from the move. I filed the AR-11 online minutes ago and I'm off in 20 mins to fed ex mine out... but I am FREAKING out!

* 129F filed in Nebraska in Aug 2004

* NOA1 August 3, 2004

* APPROVED NOA2 November 30, 2004 OMG :D :D :D (119 days)

* NSC forwards package to Vancouver Consulate on Dec 16, 2004

* Packet received by Vancouver Consulate on Dec 27, 2004

* Package 3 received by Smiwi on Dec 30, 2004

* Checklist returned to Vancouver Consulate on Jan 3, 2005 with requested interview date of Jan 25, 2005

* Package 4 received by Smiwi on January 11, 2005

* Interview scheduled for January 25, 2005 @ 10 am

* Visa Granted!!!! January 25, 2005

* Cross into the United States @ Niagra Falls January 26, 2005

* 2/18 MARRIED :D

* AOS finally filed April 25, 2005

* NOA1 June 1

* Biometrics July 7

* AOS interview for October 25, 2005 8:30 am!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot!

* Green card effective 10/25/2005

*I-751 filed July 27, 2007

Evidence

2 letters of attestation, our driver's licenses, bank statement, 2006 & 2005 joint tax returns, 403B and life ins beneficiary statements, car insurance, mortgage documents, credit cards (oye), health ins, airline tickets from a trip together, a variety of pictures

*I-751 Received by NSC July 30, 2007

*10 yr Green card issued without interview effective 11/28/2007

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

AR-11

Yep doing it now, but we are over a year out from the move. I filed the AR-11 online minutes ago and I'm off in 20 mins to fed ex mine out... but I am FREAKING out!

I mailed mine in really late a few times and I had no problems....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I have never heard of anyone prosecuted for not filing the change of address on time, but better safe than sorry :)

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.