8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

hi guys

i really need your help guys here , i want to go to jordan to get married there to my fiance , and i cant be the only sponsor because i dont make enough so my friend want to help me and be the sponsor but he is not from my household he is just a friend so which form he should fill so i can take with me , thanx alot guys

its really a sweet site

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
hi guys

i really need your help guys here , i want to go to jordan to get married there to my fiance , and i cant be the only sponsor because i dont make enough so my friend want to help me and be the sponsor but he is not from my household he is just a friend so which form he should fill so i can take with me , thanx alot guys

its really a sweet site

My understanding is that each joint sponsor has to fill out an Affidavit of Support Form I-134 /I-864. Try checking out the instructions to these forms. They should explain what you need.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh wow, where are you from? I think you have to go meet your fiance at least, otherwise, Immigrations will thinks it's fraud. How did you meet her? Online? Or are you from there? IF so, did your family put you guys together? Just curious. How long have you been in the U.S.? As far as the I864 or I134 co sponsor, you can have any co sponsor you want as long as they at least offer to support your fiance incase you can't for the next ten years . And of course, you have 90 days to marry her here. But if you are filing for a K3, I'm sure you would have filed the I130, right? Otherwise, it would be the I129F same as K3 application, but for fiance. Does this help you?

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Oh wow, where are you from? I think you have to go meet your fiance at least, otherwise, Immigrations will thinks it's fraud. How did you meet her? Online? Or are you from there? IF so, did your family put you guys together? Just curious. How long have you been in the U.S.? As far as the I864 or I134 co sponsor, you can have any co sponsor you want as long as they at least offer to support your fiance incase you can't for the next ten years . And of course, you have 90 days to marry her here. But if you are filing for a K3, I'm sure you would have filed the I130, right? Otherwise, it would be the I129F same as K3 application, but for fiance. Does this help you?

hi i meet my fiance before and i wana go get marrued over there but my quastion is when i go to the empassy i have to have the sponsor papers with me right? and i dont make enough money to soport her so my friend will do it for me

hi i meet my fiance before and i wana go get marrued over there but my quastion is when i go to the empassy i have to have the sponsor papers with me right? and i dont make enough money to soport her so my friend will do it for me

I am not sure if you have researched getting a visa. You will not need an affidavit of support for months. It is not as easy as getting married and going to the Emdassy to get a visa. First you must get all the paperwork to get married. After you have been married you can apply for a AR1 or K3 visa which takes around 9 months more or less. To apply directly to the Embassy you will probably need to have lived in her country for six months.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

There's a lot of ifs, buts, and what's here.The reason i asked all of this is because depending on your status here in america will depend on how fast you will get your future wife here. Co sponsor as well as sponsor isnt' as easy as you think. They want the last three years, not just one current year of taxes. Also, it depends on your past relationships. Are you divorced? If so, you will need divorce papers. If your a greencard status, that will be a different catergory and time frame than if you are a U.S. Citizen. There is a lot that goes with this filing. Don't expect your wife to be here for at least another year, that's if you are married to her now. And if you consider Proxy Marriage, you being here and her being there, it won't work for Immigrations. You will have to go to your country, marry, have proof etc. Maybe you want to get an attorney for your situation?

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

Its always nice to see fellow Jordanians on this site. I think you can get more answers to your questions if you post in the MENA forum and give some more information about your situation. Everyone in MENA has experiance with this and should be able to give you information more specific to your case.

Goodluck & Ahlan w' Sahlan!

MENA forum

Hope to see you there!

JP

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

She is right. Why didn't I think of that. MENA which is the middle east northern africa forum will help you so much in directing you in the right direction.

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.