humblestudent

do i need police certificate verifying my address

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

I've read on some other sites that you need to provide a police certificate verifying your addresses for the past 5 years, but I haven't read about it here on visajourney.

Does that mean it's not required?

Thanks again.

10/17/2007 - submitted I-129F to CSC

10/19/2007 - NOA1

03/05/2008 - NOA2

03/15/2008 - letter from NVC saying they will forward to GUZ

05/10/2008 - fiancee receives P3

05/12/2008 - P3 returned to GUZ via EMS

05/14/2008 - P3 delivered and signed for

05/22/2008 - per DOS, eligible for interview

07/01/2008 - interview date set for 7:15am

07/01/2008 - PINK!

07/03/2008 - picked up visa

12/02/2008 - banquet in Shanghai

AOS timeline

12/05/2008 - SFO - POE

12/31/2008 - applied for SSN number

01/08/2009 - married

01/12/2009 - SSN card arrived

02/21/2009 - I-485, I-131, I-765 sent to Chicago box

02/23/2009 - AOS package received in Chicago

03/02/2009 - check cashed

03/21/2009 - biometrics appt

05/26/2009 - AP document approved

06/01/2009 - EAD received

07/23/2009 - AOS interview (almost approved pending receipt of

certified marriage license

07/24/2009 - certified marriage license sent back to USCIS

07/31/2009 - production of Green Card ordered

08/05/2009 - welcome letter received in the mail

At interview time the beneficiary needs a police certificate for a criminal record. Multiple police certificates may be needed depending on where the beneficiary has lived. :time: and people will have a better idea of where you come from and what advice they should give.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I had a police check done when I left Aus (almost three years ago) to use at teacher agencies here in London... does anyone know if that would be acceptable? obviously I'd need another from the UK for the last three years but using the one I already have for Aus could make things quicker and easier :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I am not sure about the Australian police checks but the UK ones are only valid for one year from the date of issue.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.