Poissac

How long to get interview for IV visa in Santo Domingo

23 posts in this topic

I transfered my case to the US embassy in Santo, i got DQ'd (documentary qualified) in September 23, 2022 before i transfered it in August 25, 2023

I know that that interview are based on first come first served basis, so i wonder if my DQ'd date is reset or it's still matters.

Also do you have estimations to how long i may wait till i get an interview... ?

1 minute ago, Poissac said:

Priority Date : 17-Jun-2020

You will not be scheduled for interview until your PD becomes current on table A of the visa bulletin, regardless of your DQ date and the consulate where your case is assigned.  Current PD for F2A is 08 Oct 2017, and next month it will be 01 Jan 2018.  So you may have to wait around 3+ years before you can be lined up for interview.

Check the visa bulletin here -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

35 minutes ago, Chancy said:

You will not be scheduled for interview until your PD becomes current on table A of the visa bulletin, regardless of your DQ date and the consulate where your case is assigned.  Current PD for F2A is 08 Oct 2017, and next month it will be 01 Jan 2018.  So you may have to wait around 3+ years before you can be lined up for interview.

Check the visa bulletin here -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

Thanks so much for the clarity.

If i inquire to expedite the case and it's approved will i get the interview...?

13 minutes ago, Poissac said:

If i inquire to expedite the case and it's approved will i get the interview...?

There's no possibility of expedite for cases that are not current on the visa bulletin, not even for life-or-death situations.

1 hour ago, Poissac said:

Case Category : F2A

Are you the spouse beneficiary of an LPR?  If so, is your LPR spouse petitioner now eligible to file for US citizenship?  If they are eligible and haven't filed N-400 yet, they should file ASAP.  Once they become a US citizen, they may request your case to be upgraded from F2A to IR1 (spouse of USC).  That way, the visa bulletin will be irrelevant to your IR1 spouse visa case, and you can be lined up for interview based on your DQ date of Sep 2022.

1 minute ago, Chancy said:

Are you the spouse beneficiary of an LPR?  If so, is your LPR spouse petitioner now eligible to file for US citizenship?  If they are eligible and haven't filed N-400 yet, they should file ASAP.  Once they become a US citizen, they may request your case to be upgraded from F2A to IR1 (spouse of USC).  That way, the visa bulletin will be irrelevant to your IR1 spouse visa case, and you can be lined up for interview based on your DQ date of Sep 2022.

No I'm a son of an LPR and i think he's eligible to file for US citizenship.

52 minutes ago, Poissac said:

Thanks so much for the clarity.

You seem confused.  You should research that type of visa to better understand how it works.

1 minute ago, SalishSea said:

You seem confused.  You should research that type of visa to better understand how it works.

My Visa category/type is F2A

My Priority date is : 17-June -2020

I got Documentary qualified on September 23, 2022

I transfered my Case to the embassy in Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo 5 days ago.

I'm the Principal Applicant. Next year in October 09 I'm turning 21

1 minute ago, Poissac said:

i was born 09 October 2003

As you are close to 20 years old, it would be risky if your parent were to file for citizenship now.  Ideal scenario would be -- your parent files N-400 today, then completes the process and becomes a US citizen before your 21st birthday.  Then he should immediately request NVC to upgrade your case to IR2 and also request for expedited interview based on your DQ date from 2022.

But, there is no guarantee that your parent can complete the N-400 process before you turn 21.  If he files N-400, then becomes a USC only after your 21st birthday, it could be worse for you as your case will switch to F1 (unmarried adult child of USC), which is years behind F2A on the visa bulletin currently.  One option could be for your parent to file N-400 ASAP, then if he still hasn't become a USC by Sep 2024, he could withdraw his N-400 application.

Or your parent could remain an LPR, not filing N-400 at all, and you both wait a few years until your F2A PD becomes current and you are scheduled for visa interview.

I recommend you discuss with your parent about these options, and possibly consult with a competent and trustworthy immigration lawyer.

14 hours ago, Chancy said:

As you are close to 20 years old, it would be risky if your parent were to file for citizenship now.  Ideal scenario would be -- your parent files N-400 today, then completes the process and becomes a US citizen before your 21st birthday.  Then he should immediately request NVC to upgrade your case to IR2 and also request for expedited interview based on your DQ date from 2022.

But, there is no guarantee that your parent can complete the N-400 process before you turn 21.  If he files N-400, then becomes a USC only after your 21st birthday, it could be worse for you as your case will switch to F1 (unmarried adult child of USC), which is years behind F2A on the visa bulletin currently.  One option could be for your parent to file N-400 ASAP, then if he still hasn't become a USC by Sep 2024, he could withdraw his N-400 application.

Or your parent could remain an LPR, not filing N-400 at all, and you both wait a few years until your F2A PD becomes current and you are scheduled for visa interview.

I recommend you discuss with your parent about these options, and possibly consult with a competent and trustworthy immigration lawyer.

There's a really big confusion with the Visa bulletin, because i remember my visa category was current "C" on the Visa bulletin months ago, so upon checking I found out that i was right.

The Visa Bulletin For March 2023 have the priority date of "C" which means it was current for the F2A category.

The Visa Bulletin For May 2023 have the priority date of 08-SEP-20 all suddenly.

And then the Visa bulletin went back, Visa Bulletin For August 2023, have a priority date of 08-OCT-17

And Matter of facts, i have attached three images:

1) The first image is a screenshot where NVC email me at least each 3 months to tell me that my cas is in line for an interview, the last time i received such message was 23-Mar-2023

2) The second image is a screenshot of my elder brother case on NVC, which was never current on the visa bulletin that is stating clearly that there's numerical visa limitations, he's Visa category is F2B and is priority date is 26-Oct-2019, you'll see the difference between mine in the 3rd screenshot .

3) This is a screenshot of my NVC page, visa category of F2A, here you can see the difference.

(removed)

IMG_20230831_111138_806.png

IMG_20230831_111227_805.png

Edited by Chancy
removed image with PII

3 hours ago, Poissac said:

There's a really big confusion with the Visa bulletin, because i remember my visa category was current "C" on the Visa bulletin months ago, so upon checking I found out that i was right.

The Visa Bulletin For March 2023 have the priority date of "C" which means it was current for the F2A category.

The Visa Bulletin For May 2023 have the priority date of 08-SEP-20 all suddenly.

And then the Visa bulletin went back, Visa Bulletin For August 2023, have a priority date of 08-OCT-17

And Matter of facts, i have attached three images:

1) The first image is a screenshot where NVC email me at least each 3 months to tell me that my cas is in line for an interview, the last time i received such message was 23-Mar-2023

2) The second image is a screenshot of my elder brother case on NVC, which was never current on the visa bulletin that is stating clearly that there's numerical visa limitations, he's Visa category is F2B and is priority date is 26-Oct-2019, you'll see the difference between mine in the 3rd screenshot .

3) This is a screenshot of my NVC page, visa category of F2A, here you can see the difference.

(removed)

IMG_20230831_111138_806.png

IMG_20230831_111227_805.png

Correct, F2A has retrogressed by several years after being current for a long time.

Edited by Chancy
removed image with PII

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.