CFS

Repeat Medical Exam - Queries

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

My SO will be going to SLEC this week to get TB test results (2nd time undergoing sputum testing). Does anyone know:

1. Whether they release the medical exam results (to be mailed to the Embassy) on the same day that the applicant picks up the TB test results?
  2. How long it takes for the Embassy to issue the visa (assuming everything is in order) once the documents are sent in via courier?

Thanks!

Edited by CFS

On 8/26/2023 at 10:00 PM, CFS said:

Hello,

My SO will be going to SLEC this week to get TB test results (2nd time undergoing sputum testing). Does anyone know:

1. Whether they release the medical exam results (to be mailed to the Embassy) on the same day that the applicant picks up the TB test results?
  2. How long it takes for the Embassy to issue the visa (assuming everything is in order) once the documents are sent in via courier?

Thanks!

Providing an update: 

1. SO cleared the repeat medical exam on 8/31/23

2. Even though it was a repeat medical exam, SLEC said that they would be the ones to submit it to the Embassy (which was slightly different from the wording on the 221(g) but we did call the Embassy and confirm that this should be the case)

3. On 8/31 itself, SO re-submitted the following documents through LBC: Passport, NBI Clearance, 2022 Tax Transcript/Tax Returns/W-2/Payslips, and an updated CENOMAR (they did not ask for this in the 221g but we provided it proactively as the Embassy needs all of this information to be "fresh" in order to make a final determination on visa eligibility)  

4. On 9/4/23, we were contacted by SLEC because they were ostensibly missing some information on some medication my SO is currently taking. SO asked SLEC why they needed this information as it's not part of the routine medical check and they said they would call him back shortly (they did not). Accordingly, SO went over to SLEC in person to provide the necessary information (which had previously been provided twice) and only then did SLEC say that they would be sending the medical exam results to the Embassy. They also released his immunization records during his follow-up visit

4. I submitted an inquiry (https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/) just now so the Embassy can confirm that they received all the re-submitted documents (#2 above) and the repeat medical exam results 

Please keep us in our prayers - we've been delayed for almost a year now in this process! Hoping this can come to a favorable conclusion quickly. 

Edited by CFS

3 hours ago, CFS said:

Providing an update: 

3. On 8/31 itself, SO re-submitted the following documents through LBC: Passport, NBI Clearance, 2022 Tax Transcript/Tax Returns/W-2/Payslips, and an updated CENOMAR (they did not ask for this in the 221g but we provided it proactively as the Embassy needs all of this information to be "fresh" in order to make a final determination on visa eligibility)  

What does "fresh" mean and where did you get this information?

13 minutes ago, IWander said:

What does "fresh" mean and where did you get this information?

"Fresh" = refreshed = new documents that have not expired (e.g. a new NBI clearance, a new CENOMAR, tax returns for the latest year).

As to how I knew about it:

1. There's some other posts on this site where folks who were asked to complete repeat medical exams indicated that they were were later asked to re-submit other documents that had expired since their initial submission
  2. I was advised accordingly by an immigration lawyer & the Embassy when I called them earlier in the year
  3. It makes sense. For instance - let's say that the petitioner's tax returns for 2021 were fine but he was jobless in 2022 - in that case, he may not be able to support the applicant upon arrival in the U.S. and thus it makes sense that the Embassy would ask for additional information to triple check prior to making a determination. The Embassy (or any decision making body, for that matter) should always have "fresh" information at hand to make a final determination

Edited by CFS

3 hours ago, CFS said:

"Fresh" = refreshed = new documents that have not expired (e.g. a new NBI clearance, a new CENOMAR, tax returns for the latest year).

As to how I knew about it:

1. There's some other posts on this site where folks who were asked to complete repeat medical exams indicated that they were were later asked to re-submit other documents that had expired since their initial submission
  2. I was advised accordingly by an immigration lawyer & the Embassy when I called them earlier in the year
  3. It makes sense. For instance - let's say that the petitioner's tax returns for 2021 were fine but he was jobless in 2022 - in that case, he may not be able to support the applicant upon arrival in the U.S. and thus it makes sense that the Embassy would ask for additional information to triple check prior to making a determination. The Embassy (or any decision making body, for that matter) should always have "fresh" information at hand to make a final determination

So how do you determine that a document is expired?

17 hours ago, IWander said:

So how do you determine that a document is expired?

It depends on the document. Some documents, like the NBI Clearance, indicate it directly.

Other documents (e.g. the CENOMAR, tax returns) do not indicate this directly. In general, I'd strongly recommend contacting the Embassy and/or consulting a lawyer for more specific information applicable to your case. 

1 hour ago, CFS said:

It depends on the document. Some documents, like the NBI Clearance, indicate it directly.

Other documents (e.g. the CENOMAR, tax returns) do not indicate this directly. In general, I'd strongly recommend contacting the Embassy and/or consulting a lawyer for more specific information applicable to your case. 

Consulting a lawyer in unnecessary.  Contacting the Embassy is not needed as the Consulate in Manila already discloses the validity periods for the needed civil documents on the website.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 3:34 PM, CFS said:

Anyone here recently re-submit documents via LBC to the PHL Embassy? If so, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2023 at 2:16 AM, CFS said:

Anyone here recently re-submit documents via LBC to the PHL Embassy? If so, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

Follow-up - it took ~ 3 weeks for them to get back to us:

Capture.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.