TurboCharger

Police Clearance manila embassy ir5

5 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, TurboCharger said:

I didn't think to list my wifes mothers addresses when she lived in Hong Kong and Malaysia. My question is would my wifes mother need to get the police clearance from the two countries for the interview on the manila embassy?

When did the mother live in HongKong and Malaysia?

37 minutes ago, TurboCharger said:

she was in hong kong in 2005 for 7 months, and malyasia for 15 months in 2015

this is what stated :

1- Determine the countries from which a police certificate is required. You will need a police certificate:

If you have been living in your country of nationality for more than 6 month and you are 16 years old or older

If you lived in a different country for more than 12 months and you were 16 years or older at that time

If you were arrested for any reason and you were any age at the time of the arrest
(Note: Police certificates from the United States and Iran are not required)

2- Contact the appropriate police authorities. Additional information on how to obtain a police certificate can be found on the Reciprocity by Country page.

https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/faqs/faqs-immigrant-visa-related-questions/#:~:text=U.S. regulations require each visa,your name in that country.

if i were ur mother in law, i will try to obtain that certificate from malaysia just to eliminate any issues. hongkong shouldnt be needed since she only lived there for 7 months

Edited by Verrou

8 hours ago, Verrou said:

this is what stated :

1- Determine the countries from which a police certificate is required. You will need a police certificate:

If you have been living in your country of nationality for more than 6 month and you are 16 years old or older

If you lived in a different country for more than 12 months and you were 16 years or older at that time

If you were arrested for any reason and you were any age at the time of the arrest
(Note: Police certificates from the United States and Iran are not required)

2- Contact the appropriate police authorities. Additional information on how to obtain a police certificate can be found on the Reciprocity by Country page.

https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/faqs/faqs-immigrant-visa-related-questions/#:~:text=U.S. regulations require each visa,your name in that country.

if i were ur mother in law, i will try to obtain that certificate from malaysia just to eliminate any issues. hongkong shouldnt be needed since she only lived there for 7 months

I will definitely look into this! Thank you so much

Edited by TurboCharger

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.