7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, sorry ive been lost for a while. Now my paperwork finally went through, after a long long time. My G/C has not been approved and i'm going for my marriage interview next week.

My lawyer told me that they will conduct both interviews at the same time, the marriage one and the G/C one. Should i be worried?

Also i would like to know if i can get a list of possible questions that they may ask at the interview. Thnx

May 25 2006: Met the love of my life

Oct 2006: Married, splendid ceremony.

Oct 20 2006: Sent packet to USCIS, minus Affidavit of Support

Nov 2006: Fingerprinting done

Feb 28 2007: Finally sent AOS, after USCIS sent me like a million letters asking me for it

May 1 2007: Received EAD, with the wrong DOB. USCIS Error which meant i cant change my out of state license, and cant get a job with it

May 9 2007: Finally got SSN

Jul 2007: Received EAD, this time with correct info

Aug 2007: Interview. Crossing my fingers

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Never heard about a marriage interview...

As for the AOS interview here is a link to possible questions: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ge=exampleq#aos

I would also advise going there: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/ and entering the local office where you will have your interview so you can read preview reviews.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

I don't know, my lawyer told me that i will have 2 interviews, one for the marriage, and one for the AOS. I don't know if he knew what he was saying/

Also another question. I never filed taxes this year since i was not working, and when my wife filed taxes, she filed as single. Is this going to be a problem with the interviewing officer? Otherwise all of our documents are in order, including vet bill statements for our cat.

May 25 2006: Met the love of my life

Oct 2006: Married, splendid ceremony.

Oct 20 2006: Sent packet to USCIS, minus Affidavit of Support

Nov 2006: Fingerprinting done

Feb 28 2007: Finally sent AOS, after USCIS sent me like a million letters asking me for it

May 1 2007: Received EAD, with the wrong DOB. USCIS Error which meant i cant change my out of state license, and cant get a job with it

May 9 2007: Finally got SSN

Jul 2007: Received EAD, this time with correct info

Aug 2007: Interview. Crossing my fingers

I don't know, my lawyer told me that i will have 2 interviews, one for the marriage, and one for the AOS. I don't know if he knew what he was saying

Doesn't sound like it!

Its possible to have 2 interviews, but most people just have 1.

Filed: Timeline
Also another question. I never filed taxes this year since i was not working, and when my wife filed taxes, she filed as single. Is this going to be a problem with the interviewing officer?

Why would your wife file her taxes as single??? when you were married before Dec 31 2006.... she should have file Married, either jointly with you for the best allowances or married filling single... I do know that one of the main evidences that USCIS look for is a joint tax return.... My husband has no income but we still file jointly... it gives the best tax breaks....

Kez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.