YasArr

CR-1 Visa Denied in Interview - 221g White Slip

36 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, YasArr said:

There is a lot of difference between my sister and her husband. First  is age difference,  education difference and last the culture difference as her husband is white American. Thanks for your reply. 

How did your sister meet her husband? 
And have they spent a lot of time together since they first met? 

57 minutes ago, YasArr said:

Yes. He came to visit her 4 times in year and spent a month with her each visit. They met online and he came to see her and get married. 

Hopefully, they are not doubting the relationship and they just need to conduct some additional background checks. Unfortunately, your sister will have to remain patient but it is good news they keep on updating the date on CEAC. Good luck! 

On 8/14/2023 at 12:24 PM, YasArr said:

Hello all,

My sister in India had a CR1 interview today at the U.S. consulate in Mumbai, India. They gave her 221g white slip and said that your file is incomplete. My sister asked the Consular Officer what documents are missing. But, the interview officer told her that they cannot comment on that and handed her the 221g white slip. The slip even doesn't say which document to submit. My sister is so stressed right now. She checked the ceac site and status says "Refused". 

My question is:

1. Does Consulate email her regarding what documents she needs to submit?

2. Does the color of the 221g slip mean anything? Like white, yellow, or blue??

Please help and reply if you have any information

Thanks

Hey I want to make an update regarding my sisters case. 

So my sister's husband who is a US citizen involved U.S. senator and the senator make him fill one form and she (senator) sent that formto the embassy and made an inquire about the case. The senator got a response from the embassy that they have asked for the passport submission from the applicant in one of the drop off location. But my sister never received any email from the embassy neither her husband or their lawyer received any email asking to submit the passport.  So in this situation, should she wait for the email or else base on what the Senator got reply, should submit the passport  ?? Will the people at drop off location ask about the proof whether why she is submitting if she isn't get any email from embassy? Also, normally people get email from embassy to submit their passport, right? Can they get a physical letter in the house mail box?? My sister is confused whether to wait or submit the passport?. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Suresh Singh said:

Did your Sister Submit the passport and go her visa? Where did she submit the passport at consulate or drop off location?

Yes. She got the visa and she is in the US right now. Actually ,they sent her a message in ustravel doc website where you book biometric appointments. She submit the passport in one of the VAC location in Ahmedabad city where she lives. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.