SharonTou

F2A visa retrogression child london

5 posts in this topic

hi all i need some advice I am a lpr sponsoring 2 sons at london embassy their priority date is april 2020 both had interviews in London in Jan 2023 both had RFE for medicals (couldn't get appt in time ) both had medicals and 1 was approved he arrived in USA in May 2023

my other son had to wait for his coivd shots during this wait my sons girlfriend suffered a brain tumor and was in the hospital a long time so by the time she was stable he had to redo his medical as it had expired he redid medical in july 2023

Today we got the email below does this mean we have a chance next month ?? any advice or is it just a waiting game ??

We are writing to advise you that as a result of the US Immigrant visa numbers retrogressing,  your case xxxxxxxxxxx (visa category: F2A) with priority date of: 22 April 2020, will not be available to complete processing this month, per the Department of State *Visa Bulletin*

If your priority date is not current, the Immigrant Visa Unit is not able to issue the visa.  Please continue to monitor the Department of State website at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html to check when your priority date becomes current. 

We regret the inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit/OH

U.S Embassy, London

Next month is very unlikely IMO, can't see it moving until the new fiscal year in October at the earliest. 

F2A retrogressed to October 2017 in the VB, so it's gone way back, all you can do is keep checking each month and see when it advances. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-august-2023.html

I note that you've applied for naturalisation, not sure what stage you're at but you might want to hold off on that until your son has his case finalised.

Good luck. 

On 8/7/2023 at 11:40 AM, SharonTou said:

my other son had to wait for his coivd shots during this wait my sons girlfriend suffered a brain tumor and was in the hospital a long time so by the time she was stable he had to redo his medical as it had expired he redid medical in july 2023

How old is your son now?

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.