Muha

Renewed my passport while waiting for K1 NOA2 and Interview - Would that cause conflict later ?

8 posts in this topic

Renewed my passport while waiting for K1 NOA2 and Interview - Would that cause conflict later?

I had an old passport that was going to expire by the end of next year 12/12/2024 and had to renew it because I am planning to travel meanwhile. I received a new passport with a new ID, would it be just okay to add the new passport to DS-160 when I get an interview and mentioned that I renewed my old one and provide them with ID for the old one?

18 minutes ago, Muha said:

Renewed my passport while waiting for K1 NOA2 and Interview - Would that cause conflict later?

I had an old passport that was going to expire by the end of next year 12/12/2024 and had to renew it because I am planning to travel meanwhile. I received a new passport with a new ID, would it be just okay to add the new passport to DS-160 when I get an interview and mentioned that I renewed my old one and provide them with ID for the old one?

Are you the petitioner or the beneficiary? 

No issue with renewing your passport. 

You input the new passport information when you complete DS160. 

Take your old passport to the interview in case they want to see it. 

Unless they request old passport details on DS160 you don't have to provide it. 

Edited by Redro

1 minute ago, Redro said:

No issue with renewing your passport. 

You input the new passport information when you complete DS160. 

Take your old passport to the interview in case they want to see it. 

That's the problem, my old passport has been taken by the government applying a new policy in Morocco. they can't give you back your old passport.

3 minutes ago, Muha said:

That's the problem, my old passport has been taken by the government applying a new policy in Morocco. they can't give you back your old passport.

Ah! You still won't have an issue. When some people are petitioned for I-129F they don't have passports yet. The only time the passport is needed is when applying for the visa (DS160). Look at the DS160 form. At no time does it request "please input information of PRIOR passports". 

Edited by Redro

8 minutes ago, Redro said:

Ah! You still won't have an issue. When some people are petitioned for I-129F they don't have passports yet. The only time the passport is needed is when applying for the visa (DS160). Look at the DS160 form. At no time does it request "please input information of PRIOR passports". 

I'm in a similar situation. My fiancee's passport expired in April ( she has been waiting since for her new one ) I'm almost done with the DS160.but my case is in transit and it can be ready at a moment's notice. I should I use the old passport information on the DS160, and when it's time for her interview she could just bring both the old passport and also the new one. she inform me this morning that she could have the new one in 2 weeks..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.