dorylous

Case currently at NVC, how long can it be before they schedule am interview in Chile

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello, 

Our case was DQ and we received an email that now NVC will work with the consulate to get an interview for us? Can someone share how long did the wait to get an appt? Just so I can get an estimate. Thanks! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Sarah0407 said:

Did you find out because i got DQ august 5th and i would like too know as well

Wait times can vary between a couple of months and a couple of years depending on the consulate. Is your consulate Chile?

Timeline
On 9/6/2023 at 4:47 PM, Sarah0407 said:

Yes it is its in Santiago

Yes, Santiago. And all it says is that case is currently at NVC. :(

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 9/12/2023 at 2:31 PM, dorylous said:

Yes, Santiago. And all it says is that case is currently at NVC. :(

Hello! I would like to ask if you got your interview date already. Most likely I will be in same journey soon in santiago embassy.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sol Barrios said:

Hello! I would like to ask if you got your interview date already. Most likely I will be in same journey soon in santiago embassy.

Hello, I am wondering the same thing, I got DQ in September 1st and haven't heard anything yet, hoping the Santiago embassy is not having some kind of backlog

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/26/2023 at 12:05 PM, dorylous said:

Hello, 

Our case was DQ and we received an email that now NVC will work with the consulate to get an interview for us? Can someone share how long did the wait to get an appt? Just so I can get an estimate. Thanks! 

I have been DQ since April and still waiting. Been hearing people say it may take up to a yr. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, DamiOrire said:

I have been DQ since April and still waiting. Been hearing people say it may take up to a yr. 

What is your embassy? Santiago?

Timeline
On 11/12/2023 at 3:37 AM, jjtorres2002 said:

Hello, I am wondering the same thing, I got DQ in September 1st and haven't heard anything yet, hoping the Santiago embassy is not having some kind of backlog

No way this is true. Have you tried calling to the embassy or contact them though email? Thats such a long time considering Chile has a few cases of IR1 pending. We are the first priority so. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Sol Barrios said:

No way this is true. Have you tried calling to the embassy or contact them though email? Thats such a long time considering Chile has a few cases of IR1 pending. We are the first priority so. 

That is what I would think, but in this same thread some people were reporting wait times of 4 months and over since DQ until getting notification of the interview in Santiago, and usually the interview (from what I see from other cases) is scheduled around one month after the notification. This final stage gets really difficult. I haven't tried calling, but from what I understand, while the case is still at NVC, the Santiago embassy does not know much about it.

Timeline
11 hours ago, jjtorres2002 said:

That is what I would think, but in this same thread some people were reporting wait times of 4 months and over since DQ until getting notification of the interview in Santiago, and usually the interview (from what I see from other cases) is scheduled around one month after the notification. This final stage gets really difficult. I haven't tried calling, but from what I understand, while the case is still at NVC, the Santiago embassy does not know much about it.

Wait, Nvc has to send to an email saying the embassy will schedule you an interview. Did you receive that email? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sol Barrios said:

Wait, Nvc has to send to an email saying the embassy will schedule you an interview. Did you receive that email? 

Yes, I got that email from NVC on September 1st telling me we were DQ, and that we would be notified when an interview time should become available. But it seems the embassy makes interview times as they become available, and then the NVC distributes them by priority among people waiting in line, so the embassy does not know of your case until the NVC send them your folder.

Timeline
8 hours ago, jjtorres2002 said:

Yes, I got that email from NVC on September 1st telling me we were DQ, and that we would be notified when an interview time should become available. But it seems the embassy makes interview times as they become available, and then the NVC distributes them by priority among people waiting in line, so the embassy does not know of your case until the NVC send them your folder.

If I were you, I would call the embassy to ask about it. Somehow maybe they can help you to schedule an interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.