Sumayya

Denied on Section 221(g) K3 Visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Alsalaam alaikum,

I met my husband online in May of 2003. We got engaged on Oct 25, 03 and spent a long relationship of getting to know one another through online chats, telephone calls, and writing back and forth to each other through the mail services.

We decide to get married in January of 2006 so I went and spent a month in Morocco and did all the legal things with getting married by law and by the Inman. We are Muslim.

I came back filing the I130 first then the I129F after receiving the receipt number for the I130. I130 was approved Approval 4/12/ 06 and the I129F was approved 7/7/06. He received his interview date for Oct 5, 06.

He told me that he was the only one that was questioned for over 5 hours and the interviewer and him were the only ones in the building when the handed him the paper marked Section 221(g), which we have only been able to find out on line that there are missing papers in the filling. They sent all his paper back in a diplomat pouch and gave me the number when I emailed them to find what was going on. The suggestion made to talk with BCIS for more information.

I have filing a service referral every 45 days because I have not gotten any answers for every filing other that they are reviewing it. I was told it would take 120 days from the time it reached the California Center which was on Jan 8, 07 and the date to hear something was May 8 2007 and we are still waiting.

I did letters to my congressman of my district which that was a joke because did not get an answer back from him. I also wrote to the Senator and his office did send a request and UCIS in California did sent me a receipt that they were ask by the State Department to review the case. Here it is almost 2 months later and still nothing.

When I talk to the guy named Peter at Immigration number, he assured me that he would see what he could find out and call me back within in a week and one of the things he mentioned was our age. I am quite older than my husband is. However, love has not age on it. At least we do not think so.

I have written the First Lady and Mrs. Chaney with out a response from either. I actually email the ladies so my next step is to send actually letters. I know have the organizational chart for Immigration to get all this information to the top man and see what happens.

If anyone can offer, any help because his paper work for his visa expires in Oct 2007. In addition, his visa for staying in Libya ends in December because he has received his Linguistic Degree.

Sumayya

Take the very most care

Fi aman Allah

La illah illa Allah

Mohammad Rasoolo Allah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Wa Akaikoum Assalam, Sorry that you are having so much trouble. There is a group of girls that are in the same boat as you. They have a pinned thread about returned petitions in the ME/NA section (Middle east/north Africa) Here is the link.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

Good luck. I hope you get this resolved soon.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

• 1 month later...
Timeline
Wa Akaikoum Assalam, Sorry that you are having so much trouble. There is a group of girls that are in the same boat as you. They have a pinned thread about returned petitions in the ME/NA section (Middle east/north Africa) Here is the link.

Meriem (F)

Take the very most care

Fi aman Allah

La illah illa Allah

Mohammad Rasoolo Allah

Timeline

Meriem (F)

Alsalaam Alaikum Meriem,

Shokran for your response...I was able to get hold of an immirgation officer that gave me some advice and I have to finish up with that over the weekend to be ready for monday to get it going...

take the most care

fi aman allah

la illah illa allah

mohammed rasoolo allah

Sumayya

Take the very most care

Fi aman Allah

La illah illa Allah

Mohammad Rasoolo Allah

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Alsalaam alaikum,

I met my husband online in May of 2003. We got engaged on Oct 25, 03 and spent a long relationship of getting to know one another through online chats, telephone calls, and writing back and forth to each other through the mail services.

We decide to get married in January of 2006 so I went and spent a month in Morocco and did all the legal things with getting married by law and by the Inman. We are Muslim.

I came back filing the I130 first then the I129F after receiving the receipt number for the I130. I130 was approved Approval 4/12/ 06 and the I129F was approved 7/7/06. He received his interview date for Oct 5, 06.

He told me that he was the only one that was questioned for over 5 hours and the interviewer and him were the only ones in the building when the handed him the paper marked Section 221(g), which we have only been able to find out on line that there are missing papers in the filling. They sent all his paper back in a diplomat pouch and gave me the number when I emailed them to find what was going on. The suggestion made to talk with BCIS for more information.

I have filing a service referral every 45 days because I have not gotten any answers for every filing other that they are reviewing it. I was told it would take 120 days from the time it reached the California Center which was on Jan 8, 07 and the date to hear something was May 8 2007 and we are still waiting.

I did letters to my congressman of my district which that was a joke because did not get an answer back from him. I also wrote to the Senator and his office did send a request and UCIS in California did sent me a receipt that they were ask by the State Department to review the case. Here it is almost 2 months later and still nothing.

When I talk to the guy named Peter at Immigration number, he assured me that he would see what he could find out and call me back within in a week and one of the things he mentioned was our age. I am quite older than my husband is. However, love has not age on it. At least we do not think so.

I have written the First Lady and Mrs. Chaney with out a response from either. I actually email the ladies so my next step is to send actually letters. I know have the organizational chart for Immigration to get all this information to the top man and see what happens.

If anyone can offer, any help because his paper work for his visa expires in Oct 2007. In addition, his visa for staying in Libya ends in December because he has received his Linguistic Degree.

Sumayya

hi Sumayya

i met your husband here on VJ and invited him to another group for couples who have gone through the same thing---denied a visa. i hope you join as well.

i have much to share with you.

for starters please read the topic pinned at the top of the MENA page. not all of it will help you so skip all that and read the postings that will.

here is the link>>>

i am thinking you will be getting the infamous "NOIR" letter real soon. you will have 30 days to resond. this the notice USCIS sends out when a case is returned to them. it means---

notice of intent to revoke

it will be very easy to prevent this from happening----so dont worry.

right now your case is at the California Service Center. i understand you received a notice that CSC received your case June 1. not sure what notice you received in January---what did that notice say?

your case will not expire. the K 3 petition has expired---once it is returned it expired. USCIS is now reviewing your I-130/CR1.

i know your letter that you received for the consulate says you have one year to submit the paperwork---but if you read it carefully you will see it does NOT apply to you since the consulate did NOT ask your husband for any paperwork.

when you call the 800 number for USCIS all they can tell you is what they see on the computer---the same stuff when you look up your case on line. they have no authority to give you any other info so if they do they are giving you just what "they think". please be careful what you hear.

writing to the Pres and Vise Pres does nothing. i did that too thinking they would help.

this what your congressman and senator need to do>>>

they need to send an e mail to casablanca inquiring about your case. casablanca will respond and tell them the REASON your case was returned to USCIS. this is vital! you need to know the exact reason your case was returned so you can prepare to fight it. casa ALWAYS responds to a senator/congressman. contact them on Monday and have them do that for you. this is the first step that was needed last October.

i have given you much to do i know. but all of it will help you. if you need further help feel free to contact me via my e mail.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Dear Sumayya,

I couldn't exactly follow what happened, but I suspect if your file is still active, it's with the FBI now for an indefinate time. You can ask USCIS if this is the case - you have to push on the phone.

You should be contacting a lawyer by now, but chances are nothing new can happen that quickly. The thing to do is to sue the government.

Good luck,

Alan

I-130

2007-03-04 I-130 NOA1

2007-06-08 Touched

2007-06-26 My congressman spoke with CSC who reported our new offical receipt date is May 1st

2007-06-08 Touched!

2007-08-01 Faxed Expedite Request to USCIS

2007-08-01 Touch - did they get it? Is it the Request, or is it my time?

2007-08-02 Touch

2007-08-06 Touch

2007-09-04 Touch - call from My congressman's office. It's in "extended review"

2007-09-17 Touch - My congressman Called

2007-09-18 Touch

2007-09-19 Now we're the last of the march filers!

2007-09-25 Touch - So what?

2007-10-01 Touch

2007-10-02 APPROVED!!!

I-129F

2007-03-30 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-17 I-129F transfered to California Service Center

2007-04-23 Congressman wrote to CSC

2007-06-01 Congressman reports application normal

2007-06-08 Touched

2007-06-12 Called USCIS. Clerk said it's being processed and gave standard response times

2007-06-26 My congressman spoke with the CSC who reported our new offical receipt date is now May 1st

2007-06-08 Touch

2007-07-05 Touch

2007-07-06 Touch

2007-08-01 Touch

2007-08-02 Touch

2007-08-06 Touch

2007-08-12 Touch (on a sunday?)

2007-08-13 Touch - is something really happening? It's about time

2007-08-19 Touch - from my call on 08-17

2007-09-04 Touch - call from My congressman's office. It's in "extended review"

2007-10-01 Touch

2007-10-02 APPROVED!!!

2007-12-19 Wife and Kids Arrived!

2008-12-08 Green Card Interview - Finally we're done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.