deemabrouk

No SUnday post??!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
good morning all, and happy sunday!

I hope you can drag him to the museum Dee, he'll probably enjoy it once he's there!

and allousa, did you finish your yard work yesterday?

Thanks for asking. :)

I got some done yesterday. I still need to spray some Round-up to kill the weeds. :angry:

Got some low limbs that need to be trimmed from the "Creepy Myrtles" :lol:, that's what I call them. Having your own house is great for the most part, but dayum, the work is never ending!!!!

My neighbor walked up while I was out working in the yard and asked if there was any word about my hubby coming home. I told him not yet, but hopefully soon. I told him hopefully really soon so he could cut the frigg'in grass!!!!!! :lol:

After my hubby first got here he was very eager to cut grass on his very own home...fast forward 2 yrs later it like: Honey the grass needs cutting and hes like what again didnt we just cut it 3 weeks ago :blink:

By the way HI EVERYONE

Edited by Angel7422

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I started my morning taking my "monster" I mean teenage boxer dog Lucy to the dog park. Going to clean the house and read that last chapter of Harry Potter :crying: Its been anything but a relaxing book to read! MyBest Friend and I are going out to dinner where there is a great Arabic Band in the city, I have not had a night out in months. All and all besides NOT having my love here it is a nice sunday :)

Deemabrouk

I have to say I appreciate your honesty so much. What your going through is so much what I have been thinking about in my future. I have even started to think it might be good to start off with couples counseling from the get go. It feels like there are so many issues at work culture shock, family role, idenity crisis and security(work - finding your place), the after shocks of theis whole limbo of immigration and wanting something so much only to get it end up feeling overwhelmed and struggling. My heart goes out to you and transition times are always hard in about 3 months I bet you will be in a much better flow, if not sooner. (F)

water girl

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Dee,

I'm just curious about one thing...how long did you know him before you married him? How many times did you actually see him physically? I'm sorry for all the problems you are having now when it should be such a happy time for both of you.

I hope you will find some kind of resolution and I wish both of you much happiness.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everyone....

I think Doodle is on her way home today... I cant wait to hear about her trip :)

I am hoping to go to the Science Museum today.. But I dont know what my husbands mood will be once he gets out of bed :(

and the current status of me is... things are still the same.. there are some Good MOMENTS.. but that seems to be about it..

He has stopped about the work/ business ####### for the moment... i think from the talk from that Loan guy...

His moods are volatile..

My house is constantly TRASHED...... I've never had SOOO much food wasted and thrown away.. I am constantly exhaused trying to correct his moods... I wake up yawning...

edit : And his family constantly reminds me that they are waiting for a baby :blink:

I KNOW.....I get this question asked EVERY DAY......it's SOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying!!!!

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everyone....

I think Doodle is on her way home today... I cant wait to hear about her trip :)

I am hoping to go to the Science Museum today.. But I dont know what my husbands mood will be once he gets out of bed :(

and the current status of me is... things are still the same.. there are some Good MOMENTS.. but that seems to be about it..

He has stopped about the work/ business ####### for the moment... i think from the talk from that Loan guy...

His moods are volatile..

My house is constantly TRASHED...... I've never had SOOO much food wasted and thrown away.. I am constantly exhaused trying to correct his moods... I wake up yawning...

edit : And his family constantly reminds me that they are waiting for a baby :blink:

I KNOW.....I get this question asked EVERY DAY......it's SOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying!!!!

Me too...

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Dee!

I am sorry to hear about your experience - my heart goes out to you - believe me I can relate to the stress of the adjustments - it took my husband some time to get there. Right now he is pretty independent and out of my hair - finally!

Hang in there... :luv:

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everyone! poor abdou still hasn't received his bag from jetblue and they haven't been the nicest about helping us out... he has NO CLOTHES, NO UNDERWEAR, etc! we've spent tons of our time shopping and attempting to replace his missing items but he is so frustrated because he can't get exactly what he wanted/ had already! there is definitely a culture shock aspect with him too. i'm doing my best to be really patient and understanding...it sure is hard!!!!!!! :o we went to the gym together the other day and he freaked out when he saw men showering naked in the locker room. LOL that was among many other things he's been surprised by. he's also been surprised by how many women in hijab he's seen around here. i think he was under the assumption there were no muslims in california. lol!

i think it will also take a long time for him to adjust to life here. hopefully he will end up loving it! so far, so good though! i'm exhausted from being the "host" and its only been a week! hehe B)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with mybackpages about the cultural shock thing....alot of vj members can relate to your frustration, and it doesn't have anything to do with the time spent knowing each other before hand because nothing can fully prepare him for leaving his life as he knew it to start another one.

I will say in my case it was alot of ups and downs, he always perked up when he called his family but really just getting used to our life together is what made us stronger. We did the touring the city thing, going to get arabic books and movies, cooking his foods, etc..

Hopefully it gets better with time. Oh yeah and the baby question was THEE question of the day. It was getting to the point where I think his family thought it was because I was unhappy so I was holding off, when really I just

wanted to get closer to finishing school. He understood my reasons and he was tired of hearing it too.

1/10/05 Filed I-129f

1/12/05 NOA1

2/9/05 NOA2

2/25/05 Case forwarded to Casablanca

(Marrakech postal issues)

5/2/05 Fiance picks up Packet 3/4

5/6/05 Medical

5/23/05 Interview (recieved 221g)

5/31/05 VISA IN HAND! ALHAMDULLILAH!!

Truly I am blessed

7/6/05 Rachid arrives in USA (POE Philly) with my family

7/8/05 Rachid arrives to Atlanta (home to me)

7/8/05 Wedding!!! (ceremonial)

7/22/05 Recieve SSN Card

9/26/05 Married

12/31/05 AOS/EAD/AP sent off

1/4/06 Package arrives at Chicago Lockbox

1/18/06 Checks cashed all NOA's recvd :)

3/31/06 Recv'd AOS appointment letter for May 23rd

MAY 23RD AOS APPROVED (now waiting for prints to clear)

6/7/06 RECEIVED WELCOME LETTER :)

6/14/06 GREENCARD HATH ARRIVED!!! :))))

05/31/08 Filed Removal of Conditions

06/22/08 Biometrics done

APRROVVED JUNE 1ST 2009

Greencard Recieved 6/7/09 :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
we went to the gym together the other day and he freaked out when he saw men showering naked in the locker room.

ok...i gotta ask. doesn't everyone shower naked? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
we went to the gym together the other day and he freaked out when he saw men showering naked in the locker room.

ok...i gotta ask. doesn't everyone shower naked? :unsure:

Of course everyone showers naked. lol

But he's probably used to showers having doors, instead of being open where one can see everyone and everything.

*eta - or perhaps they walk around naked in the locker room before/after showering. I've not been into a mens gym locker room so I couldn't say for sure. :P

Edited by melly

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.