EveBlad

EAD approval notice but case status not updated

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello,

I received two emails last week from USCIS saying my case status has been updated, but when I check my case status online is still says my cases are being "actively reviewed".

I did however find under Documents for my I-765 a notice of approval where it states my EAD and advance parole have been combo approved. Yay!

Does anyone know how long it will take for the actual case status to update to approved? Also, how long does it normally take from the approval notice to receive the actual EAD card in the mail?

Thank you!

Timeline
30 minutes ago, HaroKitty said:

normally there's slight delay like 1-2 days for the status change to case approved

it doesnt matter, the most important thing you get the approval letter

about 10-14 days roughly

Thank you!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Crabbypatty said:

Same for me. There’s a document online saying ead approved and it’s been produced 7 days ago. Nothing in the mail yet though and also no status update. Weird 

Ugh I'm sorry you're going through the same thing. I received the approval notice in the mail a few days ago but still no updates online. I just chatted with USCIS online and the agent told me that my EAD card is waiting to be produced and it can take up to 60 days (!) to receive it. That's ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, EveBlad said:

Ugh I'm sorry you're going through the same thing. I received the approval notice in the mail a few days ago but still no updates online. I just chatted with USCIS online and the agent told me that my EAD card is waiting to be produced and it can take up to 60 days (!) to receive it. That's ridiculous.

What? Wow. Ok that’s crazy. I know someone personally who received their ead right after biometrics and held their card In hands 5 days later. Same state as me. I’m in Florida. What state are you in? This is good to know tho, so it’s probably going to be the same for me. I didn’t know it could take up to 60 days.  

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Crabbypatty said:

What? Wow. Ok that’s crazy. I know someone personally who received their ead right after biometrics and held their card In hands 5 days later. Same state as me. I’m in Florida. What state are you in? This is good to know tho, so it’s probably going to be the same for me. I didn’t know it could take up to 60 days.  

I know, right! I had never heard that before either. Seems way to long. I'm in Virginia, filed in September 2022.

Timeline
2 hours ago, jaydijida said:

same here too. I've been waiting for a week since i got the approved letter. I was told in my community that it could take 2-3 weeks after getting approval. Now i'm shocked that it could take up to 60 days. omg

That's what I thought too! Let's cross our fingers it won't take that long. 

5 hours ago, EveBlad said:

I know, right! I had never heard that before either. Seems way to long. I'm in Virginia, filed in September 2022.

Wow that’s a long time from September till now. Seems like the people who filed later ( in 2023) get their ead super fast ) like only 1-3 months after filing. Let’s cross our fingers. I will update once I have my ead card 

Timeline
3 hours ago, jaydijida said:

🤞 🤞  🤞 🤞  🤞 🤞  🤞 🤞  🤞 🤞  🤞 🤞

hope you get your EAD soon! please update in here :)

Thank you! Will do. Good luck to you as well 🤞

Timeline
2 hours ago, Crabbypatty said:

Wow that’s a long time from September till now. Seems like the people who filed later ( in 2023) get their ead super fast ) like only 1-3 months after filing. Let’s cross our fingers. I will update once I have my ead card 

I know! It's been a long wait already so 60 more days doesn't feel fair 😅 Yes, that's what I've been noticing as well. Good luck! I will update too

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 7:21 PM, EveBlad said:

I know! It's been a long wait already so 60 more days doesn't feel fair 😅 Yes, that's what I've been noticing as well. Good luck! I will update too

I understand that 100%! My EAD card was produced yesterday and is now on the way to me hopefully 🙏🏼 any news from your end? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.