Denis74

NVC welcome letter

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone !

As mentionned earlier in June 2022 filers, our I-130 has been approved on May 26th with no RFE and find the approval notice in the document tab (We did not receive any mail or e-mail). It says the case was sent to the DOS on June, 2, 2023.

As of today, we did not received the welcome letter neither by mail or email. In the NVC website, processing times state that : "Current case creation time frame: As of 20-Jun-23, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 5-Jun-23"

Is there anyone in the same situation with about the same date ? 

I just hope everything is ok !

Thanks for the feedback

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to NVC forum, where similar topics are discussed ***

19 hours ago, Denis74 said:

As of today, we did not received the welcome letter neither by mail or email.

NVC welcome letter is sent only via email to the petitioner and beneficiary.  Same with the NVC case creation notice.  Did you check your spam folder?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to NVC forum, where similar topics are discussed ***

NVC welcome letter is sent only via email to the petitioner and beneficiary.  Same with the NVC case creation notice.  Did you check your spam folder?

We did check both spam folder every day and nothing 😔 I Also check on the USCIS account and in the I-130 petition that we gave the correct emails, which were good.

We never received anything via email, even from the uscis. The only thing we got was the NOA1 in June 2022 and that was by mail (we're living in France)

3 minutes ago, Denis74 said:

We never received anything via email

I recommend sending an inquiry to NVC via their AskNVC form.  Ask if they already received your approved petition.  Provide your I-130 receipt number and attach a copy of your NOA2 approval notice PDF.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

I recommend sending an inquiry to NVC via their AskNVC form.  Ask if they already received your approved petition.  Provide your I-130 receipt number and attach a copy of your NOA2 approval notice PDF.

Small world, we did send one and just got an answer 15 minutes ago. It says that they did not received our petition from the USCIS yet. Isn't it weird ? Because USCIS says on our account that the petition has been sent to the DOS on June, 2, 2023.

BTW, sorry to have had put this topic in the wrong forum

21 hours ago, Denis74 said:

Small world, we did send one and just got an answer 15 minutes ago. It says that they did not received our petition from the USCIS yet. Isn't it weird ? Because USCIS says on our account that the petition has been sent to the DOS on June, 2, 2023.

BTW, sorry to have had put this topic in the wrong forum

I wonder if they sent your case on June 2nd, and USCIS is working on cases received on June 5th, if maybe they received your case on, say, June 9. In that case, it will take a little while longer before they get to your case in queue for the NVC case creation. 

Our case was just sent to NVC on June 23, so we haven't been through this stage, and I'm just making a deduction (as opposed to an educated guess). :)

It makes sense in my mind, anyway. 

Please update us in this thread so we know how it all panned out for you! :)

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Jason and May said:

I wonder if they sent your case on June 2nd, and USCIS is working on cases received on June 5th, if maybe they received your case on, say, June 9. In that case, it will take a little while longer before they get to your case in queue for the NVC case creation. 

Our case was just sent to NVC on June 23, so we haven't been through this stage, and I'm just making a deduction (as opposed to an educated guess). :)

It makes sense in my mind, anyway. 

Please update us in this thread so we know how it all panned out for you! :)

You mean NVC (not USCIS) is working on cases received from June 5th ? And NVC wrote me back that they haven't received my case yet ..

We are not in a rush as we are planning to move in June 2024 but just wondering why it takes so long to receive a case. I guess they are not sending them by mail 😂 

I will keep you update ! 

23 minutes ago, Denis74 said:

You mean NVC (not USCIS) is working on cases received from June 5th ? And NVC wrote me back that they haven't received my case yet ..

We are not in a rush as we are planning to move in June 2024 but just wondering why it takes so long to receive a case. I guess they are not sending them by mail 😂 

I will keep you update ! 

Ooops! Yes, I meant NVC. My brain must not be functioning yet this morning.... :)

I thought USCIS still mailed petitions to NVC. I think I read that on the DoS website. Which is weird because it's 2023. But maybe I'm wrong and it's electronically transferred. 

Same boat here with almost same identical timeline

Approved May 27th

Case was sent to NVC June 3rd

Still no welcome letter, only one small difference we paper filed so we thought maybe that's why our case was taking longer as USCIS still uses physical mail on some cases sent to NVC

We contacted NVC and this was their reply 

"Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again."

Screenshot_2023-06-21-15-08-09-086_com.kiwibrowser.browser-edit.jpg

Edited by AlyshaT1

Timeline
21 hours ago, AlyshaT1 said:

Same boat here with almost same identical timeline

Approved May 27th

Case was sent to NVC June 3rd

Still no welcome letter, only one small difference we paper filed so we thought maybe that's why our case was taking longer as USCIS still uses physical mail on some cases sent to NVC

We contacted NVC and this was their reply 

"Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again."

Screenshot_2023-06-21-15-08-09-086_com.kiwibrowser.browser-edit.jpg

Let's keep us update then ! 

I guess our petitions will be send by mail as it is taking very long 😁

They also replied us the exact same words ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.