bradb7665

Filing I-129F after the I-130 confusion.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

I have filed the I 130 petition and I know it has been recieved in Texas Service Center for I sent it registered mail with a delivery confirmation. I have got nothing back that says they have offically recieved it. I have been with the understanding that I have to wait until I have an official notice BEFORE I can file the I-129F for the K3 visa. I have read here that you can file both at the same time. Is this true? Even though I have allready sent off the I-130. Also, I paid the old fee of $190.00.

My next question is when does my wife go to the consulate to file for Visa? Is this not what the 129-f is for? I am confused. If I send in the I-130 and the I-129F What form does she need to file at conulate?

many thanks

Brad

Church wedding in Bogota on June 6, 2007 then a Civil wedding at magistrate on June 7, 2007. She currently lives in Bogota and I here in Georgia. I miss her terribly.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello,

I have filed the I 130 petition and I know it has been recieved in Texas Service Center for I sent it registered mail with a delivery confirmation. I have got nothing back that says they have offically recieved it. I have been with the understanding that I have to wait until I have an official notice BEFORE I can file the I-129F for the K3 visa. I have read here that you can file both at the same time. Is this true? Even though I have allready sent off the I-130. Also, I paid the old fee of $190.00.

My next question is when does my wife go to the consulate to file for Visa? Is this not what the 129-f is for? I am confused. If I send in the I-130 and the I-129F What form does she need to file at conulate?

many thanks

Brad

Church wedding in Bogota on June 6, 2007 then a Civil wedding at magistrate on June 7, 2007. She currently lives in Bogota and I here in Georgia. I miss her terribly.

Please start with the guides and then come back with specific questions. We've been discussing the I-130 and I-129F for spouse filing instructions ad nauseum the past few weeks since the change was announced.

Your wife will fill out a visa application later, after one or both of your petitions are approved. I-130 and I-129F are "petitions".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Please read the guides above for the full details (or follow this link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=guides).

The I130 is a petition that, once approved by USCIS will eventually allow your wife to file for a CR-1/IR-1 immigrant visa. Since these have historically taken a long time to approve, another option was created called the K3. For the K3, you file an I129F with a I130 already pending (and now under the new guidelines you can file both together). Once the I129F is approved, your wife can apply for a K3 non-immigrant visa. The correct application and other forms that she must file will be sent to her by the consulate once the approved petition (either 129F or I130) is on station at the consulate.

Hello,

many thanks

Brad

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Brad & ????

First...CONGRATULATIONS on your recent wedding!!!! Bogota is a nice place and I am sure your wife took you to all the sights...Monsurrate, Bolivar Square, Zona Rosa and so forth.

Second...you should read the guides and FAQs and please :help: us all by filling out your timeline. And, your personal data does not give much information about who you are, where you are from, etc.

Third...the advice you get here is FREE...and worth exactly what you are paying for it. But, there are many helpful people on this site...just be careful of the advice. It may or may not be correct as things do change. I think by reading your post that you have filed your I-130 and paid $190 to TSC. Have you gotten your NOA-1 yet? Or...have you looked to see if your check has been cashed? (If so, you can get your case number from the back of it. Typically, WACxxxxxxxxxx) Since you sent your "petition" to the Texas Service Center, it will be transferred to the California Service Center in a few weeks. And, yes...NOW you can file both "petitions" at the same time. This has been discussed on here a lot recently AND there are numerous posts on the subject. IF I were you, and filing my I-129F for my K-3 wife, I would send it directly to the California Service Center...(or the one who services your case from the State of Georgia. I did NOT bother to look this up for you.) to save time. You will need to include a cover letter identifying your case number from the I-130 "petition."

Last...As a final mention, it is important to use the correct terminology on this site. I know you are a "newbie" and we all have a learning curve. Help us to help you...there are a great number of really fine people here on VisaJourney. We all want our spouses with us in the shortest amount of time...but, be prepared...your waiting time will be about the same as the rest of us who filed earlier...about 6 months. (Assuming no RFEs "Requests For Evidence" are sent out to you.)

Again, Congratulations and Best Wishes!!

Sincerely,

Edited by Craig_Karina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.