TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

789 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, craigbeauch said:

I don't know what difference it makes either, but this guy is adamant that the pictured one is what I need. This is what mine says. 

I am now very stressed.

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 8.31.47 PM.png

If CO serve you a 221g because of incorrect police report, then you will have to wait for 4-6 weeks or more after submission of correct report to get visa stamp. MTL is very slow if visa is not approved at the spot. Your application will eventually go to the consular review queue once your documents are received by consulate.

Edited by Leo The Great

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/22/2024 at 11:13 PM, Shades8 said:

I had my interview this morning and as far as I could tell their IT systems must have been working again because he told me I was approved at the end of the interview.  And a couple hours later my case status changed to Issued.  I was surprised it all happened so quickly!  Did your wife get an update yet? 

Yes, it was updated on Monday and we received her passport on Tuesday after paying for expedited shipping. Glad it went smoothly for you! Best of luck to all that are in the process! 

3 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

If CO serve you a 221g because of incorrect police report, then you will have to wait for 4-6 weeks or more after submission of correct report to get visa stamp. MTL is very slow if visa is not approved at the spot. Your application will eventually go to the consular review queue once your documents are received by consulate.

I went and ordered the correct version of the police certificate at commissionaires, but I am petrified that it won’t arrive in time for me to travel to Montreal. 

Does anyone know what the time frame is for delaying an interview in Montreal? If it’s only a few weeks it might be worth the risk to delay it instead of risking getting rejected and having to wait 8-12 weeks for the new police check to get reviewed.  

6 minutes ago, craigbeauch said:

I went and ordered the correct version of the police certificate at commissionaires, but I am petrified that it won’t arrive in time for me to travel to Montreal. 

Does anyone know what the time frame is for delaying an interview in Montreal? If it’s only a few weeks it might be worth the risk to delay it instead of risking getting rejected and having to wait 8-12 weeks for the new police check to get reviewed.  

My RCMP also don't have picture so we need a RCMP certificate with picture.?

image.png.7642ea80cf298786ca62a5c04e62db92.pngimage.png.7642ea80cf298786ca62a5c04e62db92.png

image.png.3c7af9d25efec991dfbc7fd966947685.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@craigbeauch and @natashasa, please fill out your timeline.  If you'd like to be included on the tracking spreadsheet, please follow the instructions at the top of the spreadsheet.  The link is in my signature.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

3 minutes ago, mam521 said:

@craigbeauch and @natashasa, please fill out your timeline.  If you'd like to be included on the tracking spreadsheet, please follow the instructions at the top of the spreadsheet.  The link is in my signature.  

I am not getting the option to edit the timeline

Below are my details

PD 21 may 2021

DQ date 2 Nov 2022

F2A TO IRI :27 Dec 2023

Waiting for interview since ages...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, natashasa said:

I am not getting the option to edit the timeline

Below are my details

PD 21 may 2021

DQ date 2 Nov 2022

F2A TO IRI :27 Dec 2023

Waiting for interview since ages...

Click your timeline link in the bottom left, or here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=431859

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
On 1/25/2024 at 5:27 AM, hawaiicostco said:

Could you update when your husband receives his SSN in the mail please? I'd love to know since my job hiring portal does not allow me to proceed with my application without it. Thanks!

I'll do my best to remember! He has a job interview on Wednesday, and we are pretty sure he is going to get it. We are hoping to have his SSN by Feb 9; someone said it should take about three weeks, so we shall see!

21 hours ago, MRJ9987 said:

I had my interview today. Was served DS-5535.  Wouldn’t tell me why, of course. I hope you all have better luck than I do. I am off to join DA-5535. This is going to be a long wait. 

I’m really sorry to hear that. You weren’t missing any documents? Did you get the DS5535 after the second interview? I wish things go speedy for you.

Timeline

I see on Reddit that some people received their interview letters last night for March dates. Has anyone here received theirs? Been waiting since our DQ of Sept 28, we have a congressional inquiry submitted as well. It's been 1.5 years total now, we have 4 kids all US citizens through my husband - we are so distressed. Does anyone know if they send IL's all at once, or if they roll out over a matter of hours? Just checked status on CEAC and it still says "at NVC".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.