TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

790 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Maussanais said:

Hi Everyone,  I received my IL at 1AM EST for an interview in December 15th.

When were you DQ?

Suddenly, I have hope again lol

Timeline
1 hour ago, Maussanais said:

Hi Everyone,  I received my IL at 1AM EST for an interview in December 15th.

Congratulations!!! Excited for this one for sure! I see you are coming from Canada to Detroit? We are Canada/Michigan as well! When was your DQ date? 

Timeline

DQ'd July 18th, interview scheduled for December 11th! Congrats everyone! 

I have a question about change of address if anyone can help me... My husband (sponsor) recently moved do I need to fill out and send an AR11 form or can I update the address at the interview or change it on the NVC site? Will that slow down the process? I have found conflicting information here, any help is appreciated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, PeperoniMacaroni said:

DQ'd July 18th, interview scheduled for December 11th! Congrats everyone! 

I have a question about change of address if anyone can help me... My husband (sponsor) recently moved do I need to fill out and send an AR11 form or can I update the address at the interview or change it on the NVC site? Will that slow down the process? I have found conflicting information here, any help is appreciated

You don't live in the US yet, so AR-11 isn't applicable.  Just update at the interview.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
42 minutes ago, tonyrako said:

Congratulations!!! Excited for this one for sure! I see you are coming from Canada to Detroit? We are Canada/Michigan as well! When was your DQ date? 

DQ was April 2023 under F2A BUT I've updated my status on August 31st when my spouse become a US citizen. I got confirmation that my visa classification was updated to IR1 on September 6th. Hope it helps anyone waiting. 

Timeline

Got back from Montreal. Had my interview on October 25th. Passport was already in Ontario by the time I flew back.

I was scheduled for 7:30am at US Consulate Montreal. I showed up about 15 minutes before. You have to wait outside before being called in, so dress warm if your interview is in the winter!

They make you empty your pockets, bag, etc like an airport security check. You lock your phone in a locker before going to the waiting area. I think I waited maybe 5 minutes for the "pre-interview" stage. They asked to see your passport, long-form birth certificate, marriage certificate, IRS transcript. They will scan your finger prints. Ask a few questions about where you will be living in the US, who is sponsoring you, etc.

I sat down in the waiting area again for the "real" interview with a consulate officer. I waited approximately 10 minutes. They call your number up and you go to the desk. Again, they ask questions about you, your spouse, how you met, when you got started dating, married. Be prepared to expand on how you met your spouse if it was online. This took maybe 10 minutes, they scan fingerprints again, and they tell you "I will approve your visa, here is how you can check status..."

Honestly, it didn't take long and was very straightforward for me. I entered the building at 7:30am and got out around 8:15am. The important part is to make sure you completed everything before the interview and to be organized with your documentation they want to see. The questions seemed kind of secondary.

Thanks everyone who helped me along the way! I wish you all the best!

13 hours ago, nap782 said:

Got back from Montreal. Had my interview on October 25th. Passport was already in Ontario by the time I flew back.

I was scheduled for 7:30am at US Consulate Montreal. I showed up about 15 minutes before. You have to wait outside before being called in, so dress warm if your interview is in the winter!

They make you empty your pockets, bag, etc like an airport security check. You lock your phone in a locker before going to the waiting area. I think I waited maybe 5 minutes for the "pre-interview" stage. They asked to see your passport, long-form birth certificate, marriage certificate, IRS transcript. They will scan your finger prints. Ask a few questions about where you will be living in the US, who is sponsoring you, etc.

I sat down in the waiting area again for the "real" interview with a consulate officer. I waited approximately 10 minutes. They call your number up and you go to the desk. Again, they ask questions about you, your spouse, how you met, when you got started dating, married. Be prepared to expand on how you met your spouse if it was online. This took maybe 10 minutes, they scan fingerprints again, and they tell you "I will approve your visa, here is how you can check status..."

Honestly, it didn't take long and was very straightforward for me. I entered the building at 7:30am and got out around 8:15am. The important part is to make sure you completed everything before the interview and to be organized with your documentation they want to see. The questions seemed kind of secondary.

Thanks everyone who helped me along the way! I wish you all the best!

Congratulations 🎉 

Any specific documentation checklist you can share? I have an interview at 4th Dec

I have following changes:

- I have become Canadian Citizen and gave up my Indian citizenship.

- My Canadian address has been changed

- my wife’s address has also changed.

- she also has an U.S. passport.

i am thinking of uploading my Canadian and her US passport on ceac portal. And update our addresses during the interview.

Edited by dhruvroom

Timeline
8 hours ago, ind2can said:

@nap782 Did you have to provide any address proof to pick up your passport? My address is in Vancouver, but I'm hoping to pick up my passport in Montreal and fly to my wife on the east coast directly given how close my interview date is to Christmas... 

You have to register your passport to either be picked up from a set list of Canada Post locations or you pay extra (I think $23?) to have Purolator ship it to your address. I don't believe picking it up from the Consulate in Montreal is an option.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

I picked up my passport from Purolator in Ontario and I believe in that case they check that the names and address match. Not sure what it would be like if you went to a Canada Post location in Montreal but I think a piece of photo id should be enough.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/other-products-services/post-office/what-id-is-required-to-pick-up-mail-at-the-post-office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.