dant244

K3 price change

6 posts in this topic

We have sent in the I-130 and have just recieved the first notice. I understand that the K-3 cost will change as of July 31. Does this mean that if I wait until August 1 that I will not have to send in any fee? Also, I am confused about conflicts with I-130 and K3 visa's - I thought I read that approval of a k3 holds the I-130 from being approved. Does one stop another or is it first come first served? Thanks for any help

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
We have sent in the I-130 and have just recieved the first notice. I understand that the K-3 cost will change as of July 31. Does this mean that if I wait until August 1 that I will not have to send in any fee? Also, I am confused about conflicts with I-130 and K3 visa's - I thought I read that approval of a k3 holds the I-130 from being approved. Does one stop another or is it first come first served? Thanks for any help

Hi dant244,

There are few different/separate questions that you are asking in this thread, which I m sure other people can answer better than I can but what I can tell you is, starting Aug 1st, there is NO fee to file your I-129F(K3). In other words, if you mail your I-129F between today(7/27) thru 7/31 then you will follow current fees ($170 I believe) and filing procedures thats on the USCIS site currently. However, if you decide to wait till Aug 1st then I am assuming that by then the USCIS website will have been updated with the new filing procedures. One more thing that you may have to check is: does this I-129F NO fee applies to the people who filed their I-130 prior to Aug 1st. The reason I am saying this is becoz the new I-130 fees roughly equals both the old I-130 and the old I-129F(K3) fees plusor minus I believe $5 = $355/$365(u should check) and hence I think the new I-129F(K3) filing is free. Well sort of as you can see. But I dont think USCIS specifies what happens to people who filed their I-130 with the old ($190) fee and now they will be filing their K3 app post July 31. I m sure the some VJ expert can chime in. It may mot matter but you should still check.

One more thing that I should tell you about in regards with I-129F(K3) filing is that I have heard that, starting Aug 1st, you will also be sending it DIRECTLY to our resident state's jurisdiction Service Center (or a USCIS designated one maybe). Anyhow, I m not sure how the new filing procedure is going to change post 7/31 so I m just saying you should carefully look into where you will need to send your I-129F(K3) app, depending upon the date of your mailing.

Hope this helps. Have a great weekend and good luck :thumbs:

Regards,

pkewl

I-130 Timeline

I-130 sent - 05/15/07

APPROVED: 10/30/07 (168 days)

I-129F(K3) Timeline

I-129F - sent 06/07/07

APPROVED: 10/30/07 (145 days)

NVC Received: 11/08/07

NVC Left: 11/15/07

Packet 3 mailed out by Mumbai: 11/19/07 (Haven't received it as of 12/03/07)

Packet 3 printed off US Consulate, Mumbai website and mailed back: 12/03/07

Rec'vd Visa Appointment Letter: 12/15/07

Interview Date at Mumbai: 03/05/08

K3 VISA APPROVED: 03/05/08

POE: LAX on 03/10/08; Wife was asked just a few basic questions.

AOS Timeline

AOS Packet (I-485 & I-765) mailed - 04/01/08

NOA1 (AOS & EAD) - 04/11/08

Biometrics Appt (AOS & EAD): 04/24/08. DONE!!!

EAD Card Production ordered (CRIS Update): 05/30/08 :-)

EAD Card Rec'd in the mail: 06/09/08. Thanks.

AOS Interview Scheduled for: 08/29/2008 APPROVED

GCard rec'vd: 09/09/08. Yay.... Done with USCIS until lifting conditions :-)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi dant244,

There are few different/separate questions that you are asking in this thread, which I m sure other people can answer better than I can

You really should have stopped there because that's where you stopped being accurate.

The cost of filing an I-129F for spouse (K3) is zero beginnning July 30. Today is the last day to post mark a petition at the old fees unless you have access to a post office that will postmark on Sunday.

We do not know that there will be no fee for the I-129F for those who already filed an I-130 at the old fee. USCIS has not addressed that but logic tells me, those people must pay the old fee. The difference between the combined old fees and the new I-130 fee is $5.00.

Short of a new press release directly addressing this question, I don't think we'll know whether you can follow an old fee I-130 with a no fee I-129f until we start getting reports of RFE's (That will likely take a couple months.) or successes. (That will take even longer.) If you were my friend asking this question, I would advise you to include the check for $170 and hope they send it back. I don't expect they will.

The current policy since November 06 is to hold the I-130 if an I-129F for spouse has been approved, unless the petitioner clearly indicated they desired Consular service when they filed. Here's the public notice.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi dant244,

There are few different/separate questions that you are asking in this thread, which I m sure other people can answer better than I can

You really should have stopped there because that's where you stopped being accurate.

The cost of filing an I-129F for spouse (K3) is zero beginnning July 30. Today is the last day to post mark a petition at the old fees unless you have access to a post office that will postmark on Sunday.

We do not know that there will be no fee for the I-129F for those who already filed an I-130 at the old fee. USCIS has not addressed that but logic tells me, those people must pay the old fee. The difference between the combined old fees and the new I-130 fee is $5.00.

Short of a new press release directly addressing this question, I don't think we'll know whether you can follow an old fee I-130 with a no fee I-129f until we start getting reports of RFE's (That will likely take a couple months.) or successes. (That will take even longer.) If you were my friend asking this question, I would advise you to include the check for $170 and hope they send it back. I don't expect they will.

The current policy since November 06 is to hold the I-130 if an I-129F for spouse has been approved, unless the petitioner clearly indicated they desired Consular service when they filed. Here's the public notice.

If the I-130 is held then is thier any advantage to using James's shortcuts? Is it possible to move both forward and pick the one that gets to the embassy first?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi dant244,

If the I-130 is held then is thier any advantage to using James's shortcuts? Is it possible to move both forward and pick the one that gets to the embassy first?

No. James' shortcuts are for the I-130 at NVC. If the I-130 is held, it never gets to NVC. You don't need shortcuts for the I-129F at NVC. Unless there are unforeseen complications, it passes through in a week or so.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi dant244,

I just read this post so a few things to clear up..

dant244: I would like to apologize to you for I was wrong about the dates that the new USCIS fees goes into the effect. I really thought it was Aug 1st up until this morning when I read that they went into effect today meaning July 30th but as pushbrk pointed out I had the dates incorrect, I apologize for it. I really feel bad for misstating something and I am sorry about it.

pushbrk: Thanks for catching my error.

tc and goodluck.

Regards

pkewl

I-130 Timeline

I-130 sent - 05/15/07

APPROVED: 10/30/07 (168 days)

I-129F(K3) Timeline

I-129F - sent 06/07/07

APPROVED: 10/30/07 (145 days)

NVC Received: 11/08/07

NVC Left: 11/15/07

Packet 3 mailed out by Mumbai: 11/19/07 (Haven't received it as of 12/03/07)

Packet 3 printed off US Consulate, Mumbai website and mailed back: 12/03/07

Rec'vd Visa Appointment Letter: 12/15/07

Interview Date at Mumbai: 03/05/08

K3 VISA APPROVED: 03/05/08

POE: LAX on 03/10/08; Wife was asked just a few basic questions.

AOS Timeline

AOS Packet (I-485 & I-765) mailed - 04/01/08

NOA1 (AOS & EAD) - 04/11/08

Biometrics Appt (AOS & EAD): 04/24/08. DONE!!!

EAD Card Production ordered (CRIS Update): 05/30/08 :-)

EAD Card Rec'd in the mail: 06/09/08. Thanks.

AOS Interview Scheduled for: 08/29/2008 APPROVED

GCard rec'vd: 09/09/08. Yay.... Done with USCIS until lifting conditions :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.