BabyBlueSusie

italian police certificate

9 posts in this topic

i was wondering if anyone here has obtained an italian police certificate via snail mail...i have the info on how to mail in the request and all, but i am just curious about how long it will take to actually recieve the police certificate...thanks =)

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Yes, I did it. I received it in less than two weeks from when I sent it. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised!

wow that is so great, thanks a lot for the info...i will definitely hold off on ordering that

did you have it mailed to another country or within italy? im not sure if my fiance will still be in italy at that time, or if he will have returned to albania...i will definitely factor in an extra week or so if he is in albania...mail is a bit slower there ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Yes, I did it. I received it in less than two weeks from when I sent it. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised!

wow that is so great, thanks a lot for the info...i will definitely hold off on ordering that

did you have it mailed to another country or within italy? im not sure if my fiance will still be in italy at that time, or if he will have returned to albania...i will definitely factor in an extra week or so if he is in albania...mail is a bit slower there ;)

My husband was back in Morocco at that time, and I was nervous about having it sent from Italy to Morocco, so instead I had it sent to me here in the U.S. I then sent him the translated version of the police certificate along with all of the other paperwork for the interview via DHL.

My husband was back in Morocco at that time, and I was nervous about having it sent from Italy to Morocco, so instead I had it sent to me here in the U.S. I then sent him the translated version of the police certificate along with all of the other paperwork for the interview via DHL.

thats a great idea, i just might do that...thanks a lot, your info was very helpful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Maybe you could also have one of his friends do it for him, here in Florence. It cost 3.10 euro. It takes one week. Let me know if you want the details.

K-1Visa

April 07, 2007 NOA1

September 13, 2007 Visa issued

March 13 2008: "Welcome to America" approval of AOS letter

March 21 2008: Green Card Arrived

January 21, 2009: Apply for mother and father in law's visitor visa

January 22, 2009: Visa Issued

November 2010 Brother in-law applied for diversity visa

January 19, 2011 Applied for Citizenship

April 14, 2011 Citizenship Interview-Passed

June 3, 2011 Citizenship Certificate Received

Maybe you could also have one of his friends do it for him, here in Florence. It cost 3.10 euro. It takes one week. Let me know if you want the details.

ohhhh can they do that??? thats seems weird to me, i would think that a family member would need to do it or something...well actually he does have family in florence...duhh, one of his cousins can do it im sure...or his uncle...message me with the details

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I am only just beginning to gather the paperwork for my finace's K1, and I described the paperwork process and projected timeline to him in detail today. He just received his passport, so that is good.

For his birth certificate, can I take the original here to have it translated? I am military, so I have unique access to notarization and legal services.

How do I obtain his police record(s) from each city, and can I do the same translation process for them here in the USA? How long are the police checks valid for?

My fiance served in the Italian infantry for his compulsory service and received all vaccines required by Italy. All are still current but he does not have the record of it. Can it be easily obtained or should he be prepared to be a pincushion at the consulate? If at the interview he does not have the record will they administer the vaccinations or will he be set back to wait?

I told my Benito about this site and how I have already found help! I also told him that I could literally feel the true love and dedication of the members here, I had avoided this idea for fear of seeing "mail order brides", but really I see aspects of our own special story echoed by many people here. It is nice to see others with the same valiant cause, the patience and morals exhibited here are a breath of fresh air in a world of poor, hasty decisions (I am finalizing my second divorce). Thanks to all!

Gli ostacoli non mi fermano. Ogni ostacolo può essere superato con convinzione. -Da Vinci

I am only just beginning to gather the paperwork for my finace's K1, and I described the paperwork process and projected timeline to him in detail today. He just received his passport, so that is good.

For his birth certificate, can I take the original here to have it translated? I am military, so I have unique access to notarization and legal services.

How do I obtain his police record(s) from each city, and can I do the same translation process for them here in the USA? How long are the police checks valid for?

My fiance served in the Italian infantry for his compulsory service and received all vaccines required by Italy. All are still current but he does not have the record of it. Can it be easily obtained or should he be prepared to be a pincushion at the consulate? If at the interview he does not have the record will they administer the vaccinations or will he be set back to wait?

I told my Benito about this site and how I have already found help! I also told him that I could literally feel the true love and dedication of the members here, I had avoided this idea for fear of seeing "mail order brides", but really I see aspects of our own special story echoed by many people here. It is nice to see others with the same valiant cause, the patience and morals exhibited here are a breath of fresh air in a world of poor, hasty decisions (I am finalizing my second divorce). Thanks to all!

you probably wont need to get his birth certificate translated, as long as he was born in italy (with a name like benito, im guessing that he was lol)...as long as its in either italian or english, you are good to go...same goes for the police certificates, you wont need those translated if they are coming from italy...if he lived outside of italy for more than 6 months, he will need a police certificate from that country as well, and that one may need to be translated (if its not in english or italian), but the italian one is ok as is...the police certificates are valid for 6 months, and you will only need one of those (mine came from roma even though my fiance was living in firenze)...its called the certificato generale...you can order it by mail, or have your fiance go and pick one up...its really quite easy in italy, you can message me if you would like more information on that...i couldnt tell you much about the interview, because my fiance is not currently living in italy, and thus will not be having his visa interview in napoli...if he served in the military, then im guessing that his vaccination records are fairly accessible

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.