Mammimaus2007

Why do they need a police certificate?

3 posts in this topic

I was just wondering why USCIS needs a Police certificate if they check your criminal history anyway? or are they just doing the FBI check on the US side?

I have my police certificate since almost 2 month now since I orderd it when I DCF filed, hope it doesn't take that long nomore otherwise I have to obtain a new one which takes 4 weeks.

GREENCARD the 2nd :0)

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

Filed I-130 in person May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

Filed Form DS-230 Part I May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

E-Maild Frankfurt how long???July 31. 2007

got a reply August 2nd 2007

I-130 approved since 05/23/2007???? where was my EMail or Letter?

Interview Appointment August 29th 2007

APPROVED!!!!!

Visa arrived in the mail (that was fast!!!!) August 30. 2007

Flying to Florida October 1st 2007, Nov. 28th Welcome letter arrived

beachmb3.jpg Visit My Website

Filed: Timeline
I was just wondering why USCIS needs a Police certificate if they check your criminal history anyway? or are they just doing the FBI check on the US side?

I have my police certificate since almost 2 month now since I orderd it when I DCF filed, hope it doesn't take that long nomore otherwise I have to obtain a new one which takes 4 weeks.

Since the passing of the Adam Walsh Act, the USCitizen has to undergo an FBI check as it relates to crimes pertaining to the act.

The beneficiary has always needed one for each place where he/she lived for more than 6 months since turning, I think, 16 ---- excepting the US.

Hope this helps, L.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The US Government actually doesn't have access to crime databases in other countries. The certificate gives criminal background information that may not otherwise be available.

For instance, how would the US Goverment determine that my Chinese wife had no criminal record in China?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.