JojoandTomas

JUNE 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

294 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, KEM35 said:

My status says in transit too but haven’t received the K1-FTP is that something normal?

Make sure to check spam/junk folder. And also check in right e-mail account if you have multiple accounts. (I did that mistake, gave a different account while filing 129f and kept on checking other e-mail regularly). if not, you should be getting e-mail in couple of days. Get ready and fasten your seat belt. From here, things move pretty fast.

12 minutes ago, Deekol said:

Make sure to check spam/junk folder. And also check in right e-mail account if you have multiple accounts. (I did that mistake, gave a different account while filing 129f and kept on checking other e-mail regularly). if not, you should be getting e-mail in couple of days. Get ready and fasten your seat belt. From here, things move pretty fast.

Yeah i checked those all and still nothing, i don’t it makes any difference tbh as i assume it only states that my petition has been shipped to the consulate right? I already have case number and id

Timeline
9 minutes ago, KEM35 said:

Yeah i checked those all and still nothing, i don’t it makes any difference tbh as i assume it only states that my petition has been shipped to the consulate right? I already have case number and id

without welcome letter from Consulate/Embassy in India, we can make visa, Biometric and medical appointments based on this K1-FTP (after status changes to "ready".

So we can get a head start.

3 minutes ago, Deekol said:

without welcome letter from Consulate/Embassy in India, we can make visa, Biometric and medical appointments based on this K1-FTP (after status changes to "ready".

So we can get a head start.

In my country i’ve asked regarding the medical and biometrics all i need is an appointment date confirmation so i assume that’s why the K1-FTP isn’t important, regardless i’ll be checking my email frequently 

11 hours ago, pc09 said:

If this is for K1, guidance is to wait till your case is “Ready”, I.e. with embassy then file DS-160 and pay fees to subsequently schedule interview. Also check with your embassy website page if they have something more. 

That said, what’s a “invoice number” and how does it get used in the K1 visa process?

Yes, for K1. Apparently I will recieve a letter from the  National Visa Center when they forward the case to the embassy, then another email from the embassy itself with further instructions. I'm guessing I will need the invoice number to pay the fees. I haven't really seen much info on here about that. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, FutureJohnson said:

Yes, for K1. Apparently I will recieve a letter from the  National Visa Center when they forward the case to the embassy, then another email from the embassy itself with further instructions. I'm guessing I will need the invoice number to pay the fees. I haven't really seen much info on here about that. 

Not sure what “invoice number” is. 

you are right about the other details, except, folks on forums are saying email from NVC and letter from embassy/consulate. 

Timeline
On 9/6/2023 at 4:47 PM, xxxxx77 said:

Same here. I can't schedule an appointment even after paying the fees. 

Were you able to book an appointment, Biometric and visa? 

Timeline
On 9/6/2023 at 3:36 PM, fellaamazing said:

For those who have case in Ready state, are you able to schedule appointment yet? We are getting the message "No slots available". But again, US mission in India have completely different appointment booking site (usvisascheduling.com) compared to everyone else which is ustraveldocs.

Just want to see what everyone's experience had been.

Were you able to book an appointment, Biometric and visa? 

Timeline

India's UsVisaScheduling website is a bit confusing. I could not find a non-immigrant k1 visa section. The only k1 visa selection I get is immigrant k1 visa and it asks me to enter my DS260 confirmation number. I applied for K1 visa and we are not supposed to submit a DS260 but a DS160. Can anyone help?

1 hour ago, KEM35 said:

Hello, my case status just turned to “ready” do i submit the ds-160 now and pay the fee’s or wait for the embassy to contact me? Would appreciate any sort of help 

I have submitted my DS-160, but when i try to schedule an appointment to pay me fee it asks for a “Case ID” which i cant seem to know what it is

Timeline
1 hour ago, KEM35 said:

I have submitted my DS-160, but when i try to schedule an appointment to pay me fee it asks for a “Case ID” which i cant seem to know what it is

Strange, my Attorney did it for me without "case ID".  we don't have ID either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.