LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

149 posts in this topic

Good luck. I hope it helps you. I paid the fees for NVC and submitted the I184 forms and waiting for acceptance. They are also running behind over there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow thats great! I don't check too much but I have noticed in most early I130 approvals, the beneficiary is already in the USA and so they are adjusting status or whatever you want to call it when they're here illegally. But I do see a few like yours, I might submit the K-3 later this month, I'll need to talk to my lawyer!! Ill be in Thailand next week and we'll see what we can do! Crazy were already four months into this though so at this point its probabaly best to wait it out.

Until next time yall!

Edited by RiskVsReward

People Said that k3 only works if you submit it early in the game.  I am unsure if that's the case cos I don't have experience sending the k3 much later. I didn't use a lawyer and did everything myself. Very  easy and free. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/18/2023 at 9:08 AM, Shinto_cat said:

UPDATE: it has been 3 weeks and we haven't got our Welcome Letter yet. :(

You’re not likely to get sympathy here if that’s what you’re looking for lol. Most of us have another 6 months to go still before we’re even  at that stage. 

Timeline
On 9/20/2023 at 8:39 PM, LennyO said:

My case just went from 2 months to "taking longer than expected".  From what I have seen, this is generally a good sign.

There’s no shortage of people who have been waiting over 8 months with the same message. I too have the message and it just means we need to continue waiting for normal processing times and expect to hear something by April. The people who are approved after getting this are the exception not the rule.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Well I sent in my I129F and my lawyer sent in an updated I130 to fix some typographical errors (Wouldn't hire a lawyer if I did this over again)

Maybe one of these will get my case on the right persons desk. Not holding my breath lol. Anyone else have updates? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.