imadol

NEED HELP - Can't upload AOS for petitioner and joint sponsor

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nepal
Timeline

I am finding it impossible to upload AOS and related financial documents. I am not sure if it is because I submitted IV application and Civil documents first, or because I tried to add a joint sponsor. I have already submitted civil documents, but cannot proceed with AOS.

screenshot-1.thumb.png.b5e3f528a607f27de74c4b4e4a358709.png

When I click on "NOT SUBMITTED" link under affidavit of support, it takes me to Civil documents Tab, and the AOS and Financial documents tab is not clickable.

screenshot-2.thumb.png.5731b5982bc349e12a3e741aca3d29cd.png

Has anyone faced this issue before, and tell me how they resolved it?

USCIS
09/07/2019 : i-130 mailed ✉️

Filed: IR-5 Country: Indonesia
Timeline

When I created mine for the IR-5, I didn't know that I needed to Add Household Member before I uploaded documents.  So I wound up putting both my wife's I-864 and my I-864A under the Petitioner/Primary Sponsor tab.

They sent an email and told me to use Add Household Member, then upload my documents under it.  I tried to Add Household Member but the record was locked and wouldn't let me make any changes.

About halfway through that page is a link to "Ask NVC".  I used the AskNVC option and told them I was unable to Add Household Member.  It took them a week to reply, but they did and unlocked the record so I could do the Add Household Member option.

Use AskNVC and tell them your problem.  Give them a week to reply back.

Regards,

Vicky's Mom

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nepal
Timeline

Thank you. I used the "Ask NVC" tool to submit inquiry. Hopefully they will respond soon. By the way, should it have been "Joint Sponsor" or "Household Member" when husband and wife file taxes "married filing jointly". My wife, who is the petitioner, does not have her own income last 2 years, that's why we thought to add myself as a joint sponsor.

USCIS
09/07/2019 : i-130 mailed ✉️

Filed: IR-5 Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, imadol said:

Thank you. I used the "Ask NVC" tool to submit inquiry. Hopefully they will respond soon. By the way, should it have been "Joint Sponsor" or "Household Member" when husband and wife file taxes "married filing jointly". My wife, who is the petitioner, does not have her own income last 2 years, that's why we thought to add myself as a joint sponsor.

We are doing the IR-5 for my mother-in-law, my wife's mother.  Since my wife is the petitioner she is the primary sponsor and does an I-864.  I am a household member so I file the I-864A as a household member.  We also file "married filing jointly".

It's not how much income you have versus your wife.  It's the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary.

In our case, I was specifically told by an NVC email to add myself as a Household Member and upload my financial paperwork there.  Someone else may have an answer for you about "Joint Sponsor" versus "Household Member".

Regards,

Vicky's Mom

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Married couples and those who live in the same household typically file together:  One files the I-864 as either the primary sponsor or joint sponsor, and the spouse and other household members file the I-864A.

Joint sponsors are not the spouse or other household member of the petitioner who agrees to sponsor the beneficiary:  parents, siblings, friends, etc.

EDIT:  Sometimes the issue is related to the browser and any cookies/cached files.  You could try to delete cached files/cookies or the incognito/privacy mode of your browser and see it that helps.  If it doesn't, then it is probably something NVC has to reset.

Edited by SteveInBostonI130

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.