FoxxyBuggy

Rescheduling Interview Appointment

14 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

I need help on what to do at this point. 

My mom had her medical exam done on January 23rd, 2023 but she had to do the sputum test so I had to cancel her first interview appointment. Yesterday, she had her immunization which means that she is good to go for the interview but the first available appointment I saw online is on July 6th, 2023 which is the same day her medical exam expires. I called the embassy and they said that the interview is not guaranteed on that day due to that. Please, I need help on what to do. Is there a possibility that there will be an earlier appointment if I keep on checking? Anybody who experienced this kind of situation? Please I don't want my mom to do another medical exam. 

Thank you!

Keep checking as they open up earlier often (like when people cancel for Sputum). There's a few Facebook groups that actively track that and send out messages to the group when new dates are posted. 

49 minutes ago, jskibo said:

Keep checking as they open up earlier often (like when people cancel for Sputum). There's a few Facebook groups that actively track that and send out messages to the group when new dates are posted. 

Thank you for your response. If you don’t mind, may I ask the name of FB groups that tracks interview dates? Please….

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, FoxxyBuggy said:

Thank you for your response. If you don’t mind, may I ask the name of FB groups that tracks interview dates? Please….

I too would be interested in what group is.. thanks

5 hours ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

I too would be interested in what group is.. thanks

IR5 Parents Visa Journey (form I130) was the active one I knew of. My wife was moderator until her parents arrived. 

Just note they are always active and we got calls at 1 and 2am with open appointments at times. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, jskibo said:

IR5 Parents Visa Journey (form I130) was the active one I knew of. My wife was moderator until her parents arrived. 

Just note they are always active and we got calls at 1 and 2am with open appointments at times. 

1am calls.. oh well, it is worth it to shorten this everlasting wait.. :D  Thank you!

14 hours ago, FoxxyBuggy said:

Please, I need help on what to do. Is there a possibility that there will be an earlier appointment if I keep on checking? Anybody who experienced this kind of situation?

In addition to monitoring the online scheduler, request an expedited interview directly from USEM.  Highlight that your mom went through sputum testing, hence the shortened medical validity.  That's what I did after I cleared sputum testing at SLEC.  I sent my interview schedule request via their public inquiry form -- https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

Two weeks after my email, USEM sent a response saying they queued me for scheduling but that there's no appointment available for me yet.  A week after that, I got another email with my expedited interview schedule.  No guarantee that you'll get a positive response like I did, but it won't harm your mom's case to ask.

6 hours ago, Chancy said:

In addition to monitoring the online scheduler, request an expedited interview directly from USEM.  Highlight that your mom went through sputum testing, hence the shortened medical validity.  That's what I did after I cleared sputum testing at SLEC.  I sent my interview schedule request via their public inquiry form -- https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

Two weeks after my email, USEM sent a response saying they queued me for scheduling but that there's no appointment available for me yet.  A week after that, I got another email with my expedited interview schedule.  No guarantee that you'll get a positive response like I did, but it won't harm your mom's case to ask.

Thank you Chancy!

I just requested an interview schedule. I'm hoping to get the same response. I really appreciate your response. 

Timeline

Best thing to do is to continue checking the website periodically to see if there are any earlier appointments that you can snap up. I would occasionally check the site while I was at work or at home and was able to move our interview up a month from our original first available appointment that I took back in June 2023. I'm out of reschedules otherwise I would have continued looking :) Once you run out of reschedules, they force you to repay your MRV fee to be able to reschedule again.

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

4 minutes ago, Kawika said:

Once you run out of reschedules, they force you to repay your MRV fee to be able to reschedule again.

Not applicable for the OP's case (IR5).  No fee to reschedule IR5 interview multiple times if necessary.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Not applicable for the OP's case (IR5).  No fee to reschedule IR5 interview multiple times if necessary.

We were told the same thing by the embassy with our K1...unfortunately they have not programmed the website to recognize this so any future reschedules beyond the set number the system allows will likely need to be done over the phone.

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

Hi All, 

Like everyone mentioned to keep checking the appointment. Luckily, I found a May 4th and just hoping that everything goes well on her interview. I haven’t heard from back the inquiry I sent out. 

Thank you everyone, once again visajourney has such great people always willing to help. 🤍

6 hours ago, FoxxyBuggy said:

Luckily, I found a May 4th and just hoping that everything goes well on her interview. I haven’t heard from back the inquiry I sent out.

I suggest you send a follow-up email to notify USEM to disregard your previous inquiry as you already grabbed an interview slot through the online scheduler.

2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

I suggest you send a follow-up email to notify USEM to disregard your previous inquiry as you already grabbed an interview slot through the online scheduler.

I will do that, thank you 🙏🏽 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.