33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Hello folks

please let me start this topic for November 2022 filers for I130 filing for my mom. My filing office is Texas SC. After I got notice, the processing time was 5 months, then 4 weeks then changed to 7 months now. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

Same here. I filed an I-130 for a parent in October 2022. The estimated date was stuck on 5 months for a while, then moved to 4 months, then back to 7 months. Not sure what this means, some algorithm somewhere being funny. This sucks.

Edited by October 2022

Timeline
13 hours ago, October 2022 said:

Same here. I filed an I-130 for a parent in October 2022. The estimated date was stuck on 5 months for a while, then moved to 4 months, then back to 7 months. Not sure what this means, some algorithm somewhere being funny. This sucks.

Yes, I don’t know why? 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Same here, I'm a June filer with 1 month to go and now it went back to 6 months a week ago and now its says 5 months again.  This waiting game its fustrating... I guess we just have to keep our finger crossed until decide what their next move.

Timeline

From what I hear, the case sits with USCIS for about a year (probably a year and a half at this point), then things get moving relatively fast. So... no point in trying to figure this out. I plan to use this time to work on document translation etc. 

Timeline
On 4/15/2023 at 8:14 AM, October 2022 said:

From what I hear, the case sits with USCIS for about a year (probably a year and a half at this point), then things get moving relatively fast. So... no point in trying to figure this out. I plan to use this time to work on document translation etc. 

okay. Let the case sit for a year. What documents they will need for supportive?

Timeline
50 minutes ago, UnIqUe said:

What documents they will need for supportive?

I haven't researched it yet, but I'm sure there's plenty of info here. I guess everything to do with your relationship to the beneficiary, their civil state, your financial ability to support them. Birth, marriage, death certificates (with translations), your recent tax records etc. Their vaccination records. Stuff that doesn't expire. No need to worry about police records at this point, because they're only good for three months or so.

Timeline
On 4/18/2023 at 9:50 AM, Keyra30 said:

I had the same issue it said 4 weeks before decision then it jumped to 7, months, I called USCIS they said my case was turn over from Texas to Nebraska. And according to google there processing time is 14 months. I filed for both parents and younger brother back in November 2022.

Good luck for all of us 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

No news on my front. The processing time says 5 months. Honestly, I can't remember what it was the last time I looked. I didn't bother to call. First of all, the phones are answered by contract staff who have very little idea of what happens and why. Second, calling won't change a thing. So back to waiting.

To all, please stay in touch and let us know if you get any updates. It helps to know if the USCIS is still open for business. 

Edited by October 2022

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello All,

in the account, USCIS updated processing time to 3 weeks, I’m updating it to this topic. Wish we all get approved earlier and faster. 

Timeline
On 6/10/2023 at 6:15 AM, UnIqUe said:

Hello All,

in the account, USCIS updated processing time to 3 weeks, I’m updating it to this topic. Wish we all get approved earlier and faster. 

This is encouraging. They're alive! :)

I checked my case, and the screen says "Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time."

(I'm still thinking it's AI messing with us.)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/11/2023 at 11:37 AM, October 2022 said:

This is encouraging. They're alive! :)

I checked my case, and the screen says "Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time."

(I'm still thinking it's AI messing with us.)

OMG. I have no idea why uscis has that kinda status. My case status changed to 1 week. Good luck. 

Timeline

No change today. I googled some, and rumor has it the USCIS website updates processing times on Sundays. I have no idea if this is true; I just happen to check the status on weekends. From what I understand, I'm not alone in this boat. Many folks eventually end up with this message. All it means is the USCIS has no idea when they get to my petition. I guess it's worth checking on the status to make sure they haven't lost the application. But I may contact the Congressional office to inquire on my behalf. The kids in the call center seem completely useless. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.