snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

551 posts in this topic

Random CEAC question - my status changed to “Ready” on Jan 10. I’m not sure if that means they’ve received my medical results? I doubt it as my medical was on the morning of Jan 9, but otherwise there’s no way to tell if the embassy has received or will receive my medical docs before my interview this Friday 19 Jan - except just hope 😅 I’m in London

Edited by Rainbow Aligator

42 minutes ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

Random CEAC question - my status changed to “Ready” on Jan 10. I’m not sure if that means they’ve received my medical results? I doubt it as my medical was on the morning of Jan 9, but otherwise there’s no way to tell if the embassy has received or will receive my medical docs before my interview this Friday 19 Jan - except just hope 😅 I’m in London

Nop that just means that your case is at the Embassy! It has nothing to do with medicals! My case is ready since Jan 10 and my medical is Feb 19th, my interview is Feb 26th! Hope this helps!

3 minutes ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

I just got out of my interview in London! EB1 category. It was all straight forward, she asked why I have the skills for this visa and started my little spiel, then was basically cut off after a few seconds and she seemed satisfied. The person ahead of me was an actor who had been in Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings so I was feeling a little intimidated being interviewed in the same category as him haha. 

But after asking a couple more Qs she then said it was approved and my passport should be back in 1-2 weeks.

Phew! 

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

I just got out of my interview in London! EB1 category. It was all straight forward, she asked why I have the skills for this visa and started my little spiel, then was basically cut off after a few seconds and she seemed satisfied. The person ahead of me was an actor who had been in Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings so I was feeling a little intimidated being interviewed in the same category as him haha. 

But after asking a couple more Qs she then said it was approved and my passport should be back in 1-2 weeks.

Phew! 

Congratulations 

8 minutes ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

Phew! 

Congratulations!!

54 minutes ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

Phew! 

Very happy for you! 😎

I think I've been too worried and preoccupied about my interview since the I-140 approval, I don't know why. Did you feel that the officer was re-adjudicating your I-140 approval? Or, verifying that the submitted information is factually correct?

Congratulations on your green card again!

3 hours ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

Phew! 

Was this the guy that was just before you? :D 

image.png.d5ab4c438735a089134be27d459e7ff9.png

4 hours ago, Ernie73 said:

Very happy for you! 😎

I think I've been too worried and preoccupied about my interview since the I-140 approval, I don't know why. Did you feel that the officer was re-adjudicating your I-140 approval? Or, verifying that the submitted information is factually correct?

Congratulations on your green card again!

Not really at all, she asked me one question about my skillset, that all gets done with the I-140 really. She just was making sure I had all the right paperwork in terms of police checks and my medical which got in just in the nick of time. 

1 hour ago, dabursot2 said:

Was this the guy that was just before you? :D 

image.png.d5ab4c438735a089134be27d459e7ff9.png

No haha, but he played the younger Ned Stark in the flashbacks of the later seasons.

23 minutes ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

Not really at all, she asked me one question about my skillset, that all gets done with the I-140 really. She just was making sure I had all the right paperwork in terms of police checks and my medical which got in just in the nick of time. 

Congrats! That is awesome! I’m kinda nervious about my appointment also but my lawyer assured me that they do not have the jurisdiction to question the approval of the I140, and that the interview is practically just to make sure that you are who you said you were in your application and make sure that u haven’t had any problems in the US before this time! 

good luck with everything and safe travel! 😁

Hello everyone. My original interview date is feb 23. However, I had to cancel it due to my personal issues. I am looking for a date after March 20. Anyone has any ideas when the interview dates will be released for March? Will it be available in January itself or I have to wait till IL in February are distributed?

thanks

2 hours ago, snm2212 said:

Hello everyone. My original interview date is feb 23. However, I had to cancel it due to my personal issues. I am looking for a date after March 20. Anyone has any ideas when the interview dates will be released for March? Will it be available in January itself or I have to wait till IL in February are distributed?

thanks

I got my IL January 10th for a February 12th interview. Different country of course. Have you tried emailing the embassy directly and asking? From what I've read, they try to accommodate.

Could anyone answer me regarding the SSN that is assigned after entry to the US? Is there any way to know the number before the physical card arrives? Online? Embassy? My employer wants it asap...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.