Sha-Lee88

I-134 Evidence Questions

7 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

Just got our NOA2.  I am in the process of prepping the I-134, but have some questions about the evidence for it.

1. I meet the income requirement.  That said, do I have to list assets like bank accounts, stocks, etc?  Since I meet the income requirement, I can choose to leave those blank, correct?  Is it best to include all assets or can I just ignore that part?

2. I have the official IRS Tax Transcripts for 2020, 2021, and 2022.  Do I need to also supply W-2 forms from each year?

3. I have a letter of employment from my employer.  How long is it valid for?  If it was written in March, 2023 but our interview is in October, 2023 (hopefully not THAT late), is the letter still good?  Does it expire at some point?

4. I have a letter from my bank stating my account details and the total amount of deposits from 2022 to present.  How long is this letter valid for?  If it was written in March, 2023 but our interview is in October, 2023 (hopefully not THAT late), is the letter still good?  Does it expire at some point?

5. I don't think I submit the I-134 anywhere.  I am pretty sure it goes to the beneficiary for the interview.  That said, do I sign the form and DHL it to her with an ink signature, or can I sign it, scan it, and email it to her?

6. Do I need to include a color scanned copy of my passport with the I-134?  Do I have to upload it somewhere, or simple paperclip it to the document?

7. Do the amounts in my accounts indicated in letters from my banking institutions have to match the amounts listed in Part 3.  #17 (Assets)?  For example, if my bank letter says I have 10k in my checking account, do I have to list my checking account in the assets section for the amount of 10k?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

Greetings all,

Just got our NOA2.  I am in the process of prepping the I-134, but have some questions about the evidence for it.

1. I meet the income requirement.  That said, do I have to list assets like bank accounts, stocks, etc?  Since I meet the income requirement, I can choose to leave those blank, correct?  Is it best to include all assets or can I just ignore that part?

2. I have the official IRS Tax Transcripts for 2020, 2021, and 2022.  Do I need to also supply W-2 forms from each year?

3. I have a letter of employment from my employer.  How long is it valid for?  If it was written in March, 2023 but our interview is in October, 2023 (hopefully not THAT late), is the letter still good?  Does it expire at some point?

4. I have a letter from my bank stating my account details and the total amount of deposits from 2022 to present.  How long is this letter valid for?  If it was written in March, 2023 but our interview is in October, 2023 (hopefully not THAT late), is the letter still good?  Does it expire at some point?

5. I don't think I submit the I-134 anywhere.  I am pretty sure it goes to the beneficiary for the interview.  That said, do I sign the form and DHL it to her with an ink signature, or can I sign it, scan it, and email it to her?

6. Do I need to include a color scanned copy of my passport with the I-134?  Do I have to upload it somewhere, or simple paperclip it to the document?

7. Do the amounts in my accounts indicated in letters from my banking institutions have to match the amounts listed in Part 3.  #17 (Assets)?  For example, if my bank letter says I have 10k in my checking account, do I have to list my checking account in the assets section for the amount of 10k?

Thanks!

Why are you gathering supporting evidence for the I-134 if the interview is not until 6+ months from now?  Ideally, it would be as current as possible.  It is brought to the interview by the beneficiary.

17 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Why are you gathering supporting evidence for the I-134 if the interview is not until 6+ months from now?  Ideally, it would be as current as possible.  It is brought to the interview by the beneficiary.

I am not saying it IS 6 months from now.  It could be much sooner.

The VJ Flow Chart suggests to start gathering documents upon getting the NOA2.  One of those docs is the I-134.  That document requires evidence.  Again, we don't know when the interview will be scheduled, but if VJ suggests that we start gathering documents now, I would like to do so.  In this scenario, how long are the documents good for?  Is there a time limit or not?

21 hours ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

Greetings all,

Thanks!

1. No

2. No

3. Why are you including if you  meet the income requirements ?

4. See #3

5.  Scan and email

6. No

7.  See #3

2 hours ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

I am not saying it IS 6 months from now.  It could be much sooner.

The VJ Flow Chart suggests to start gathering documents upon getting the NOA2.  One of those docs is the I-134.  That document requires evidence.  Again, we don't know when the interview will be scheduled, but if VJ suggests that we start gathering documents now, I would like to do so.  In this scenario, how long are the documents good for?  Is there a time limit or not?

I would make sure that everything is as up to date as possible.  When my fiance's interview was scheduled, I put everything into a PDF and sent it so he could print it out.  

You may be overthinking this.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, SalishSea said:

I would make sure that everything is as up to date as possible.  When my fiance's interview was scheduled, I put everything into a PDF and sent it so he could print it out.  

You may be overthinking this.

I think overthinking this stuff is true for a lot of people, myself included. I'm asking myself questions like "Does this need a wet signature? Am I allowed to scan anything or does everything have to be originals? Does this letter from my employer expire????"

It doesn't help that there is the occasional conflicting information on other websites as well. Some say you should do some pretty ridiculous things. One website I checked said that filers needed a formal letter and wet signature from their flippin' regional bank manager verifying the existence of the bank account. I was like seriously? There's no way.

1 hour ago, Mychal said:

I think overthinking this stuff is true for a lot of people, myself included. I'm asking myself questions like "Does this need a wet signature? Am I allowed to scan anything or does everything have to be originals? Does this letter from my employer expire????"

It doesn't help that there is the occasional conflicting information on other websites as well. Some say you should do some pretty ridiculous things. One website I checked said that filers needed a formal letter and wet signature from their flippin' regional bank manager verifying the existence of the bank account. I was like seriously? There's no way.

Totally agree!  As far as I know, “wet signatures” are not required for most USCIS/DOS documents.  A employer letter does not expire, per se.   

Rule of thumb is to try to assemble documents that are as recent as possible,

I did not provide employer or bank letters.   I did provide W2s and tax return transcripts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.