R_3

N-400 February 2023 Filers

264 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Guys, 

I received I-797 yesterday. My original application was by mail to Lewisville TX. The receipt number starts with IOE. I thought, TX service center is SRC. Can y'all confirm if this is consistent. 

43 minutes ago, springguy said:

Hello Guys, 

I received I-797 yesterday. My original application was by mail to Lewisville TX. The receipt number starts with IOE. I thought, TX service center is SRC. Can y'all confirm if this is consistent. 

It should be IOE. Mine is.

N400 Timeline, 5 year rule

FO: Washington DC (Fairfax, VA)

2/9/23 Sent application by Mail

2/13/23 USCIS Received

2/16/23 USCIS NOA1 date and sent the mail

2/16/23 USCIS NOA2 and sent mail with online access code

2/18/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment and sent letter

2/24/23 Received NOA1 and NOA2 in the mail

2/25/23 Received Bio appointment letter in the mail

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

3/9/23 Online Update: Case is actively reviewed by USCIS

7/20/23 Case placed in queue for an interview to be scheduled

7/26/23 Interview Scheduled

9/1/23 Interview, decision cannot be made

9/7/23 Recommended for approval; Oath ceremony will be scheduled

9/8/23 Oath ceremony scheduled

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
6 hours ago, aperson said:

It should be IOE. Mine is.

Thanks! The receipt notice does indicate that I will have to do biometric, was hoping they will skip. I haven't received  online access code yet, hopefully will get it soon!

17 minutes ago, springguy said:

Thanks! The receipt notice does indicate that I will have to do biometric, was hoping they will skip. I haven't received  online access code yet, hopefully will get it soon!

IOE is for electronic processing cases.

Im on the same boat, just got the receipt notice but no online access code yet and the did schedule me for bio though 

2/13/23 Mailed application to USCIS

2/15/23 USCIS Received Application 

2/25/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment (online update)

3/15/23 Bio appointment 

3/15/23 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

7/25/23 Interview was scheduled  

Timeline
1 hour ago, ArizonaPHX said:

IOE is for electronic processing cases.

Im on the same boat, just got the receipt notice but no online access code yet and the did schedule me for bio though 

Oh, nice ! When did you receive the biometric notice and when is it scheduled for? 

40 minutes ago, springguy said:

Oh, nice ! When did you receive the biometric notice and when is it scheduled for? 

I haven’t received the notice yet, but tI checked the case online and its showing "Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled"

I should get it anytime soon, also still waiting for the online access code as well.

2/13/23 Mailed application to USCIS

2/15/23 USCIS Received Application 

2/25/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment (online update)

3/15/23 Bio appointment 

3/15/23 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

7/25/23 Interview was scheduled  

1 minute ago, Mountainside said:

Filed online Feb 2, three-year rule.  Albuquerque USCIS office.  Notice of application received Feb 2.  Notice of biometrics Feb 4.  Biometrics completed Feb 23, per appointment.  Notice of interview appointment issued today, March 1.  Interview scheduled for April 6.  Never conceived things would move this quickly.  

This is fast! Congrats!

N400 Timeline, 5 year rule

FO: Washington DC (Fairfax, VA)

2/9/23 Sent application by Mail

2/13/23 USCIS Received

2/16/23 USCIS NOA1 date and sent the mail

2/16/23 USCIS NOA2 and sent mail with online access code

2/18/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment and sent letter

2/24/23 Received NOA1 and NOA2 in the mail

2/25/23 Received Bio appointment letter in the mail

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

3/9/23 Online Update: Case is actively reviewed by USCIS

7/20/23 Case placed in queue for an interview to be scheduled

7/26/23 Interview Scheduled

9/1/23 Interview, decision cannot be made

9/7/23 Recommended for approval; Oath ceremony will be scheduled

9/8/23 Oath ceremony scheduled

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
11 hours ago, Mountainside said:

Filed online Feb 2, three-year rule.  Albuquerque USCIS office.  Notice of application received Feb 2.  Notice of biometrics Feb 4.  Biometrics completed Feb 23, per appointment.  Notice of interview appointment issued today, March 1.  Interview scheduled for April 6.  Never conceived things would move this quickly.  

That is indeed moving very fast. Yaaay! How are you preparing for the interview? 

4 hours ago, Audyam said:

That is indeed moving very fast. Yaaay! How are you preparing for the interview?

My wife is the applicant.  She's using this book, purchased from Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BNL89PK8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details  I think, by the time of her interview, she'll have mastered all 100 questions.  Also found some sample interview scripts online.  We'll use one or two.  And we'll go through the routine Q&A that covers the items on her application.  It's been a bit humbling for me, a native US citizen, that I could not have aced the civics exam (or maybe even scored 6 out of 10) a few weeks ago.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mountainside said:

My wife is the applicant.  She's using this book, purchased from Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BNL89PK8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details  I think, by the time of her interview, she'll have mastered all 100 questions.  Also found some sample interview scripts online.  We'll use one or two.  And we'll go through the routine Q&A that covers the items on her application.  It's been a bit humbling for me, a native US citizen, that I could not have aced the civics exam (or maybe even scored 6 out of 10) a few weeks ago.

Oh I see. No worries, thank you for actually sharing on your journey (your wife and you are one 😃). Unless you like discussing politics, then no, it doesn’t mean you should know all that stuff. However, it’s a good experience to challenge one’s knowledge.

Thanks for the link, I’ll check it out. I’m  using online versions of the test (any version I find to be interesting). We all got this!

23 hours ago, Mountainside said:

holy moly, that’s really fast. Do you have I-751/ROC pending, or you already have 10-year green card? This is amazingly and wonderfully fast.

Timeline
On 2/28/2023 at 6:42 PM, springguy said:

A follow up Q. It is tad too early to get anxious, but the status has not changed after the receipt notice was sent message on 21st Feb. I was looking at receipt notice and it was from National benefits center Overland Park, KS.

Is it common for postal mail application to go through NBC? (I still haven't received online access code)

1 hour ago, R_3 said:

you already have 10-year green card?

Yes.  My wife entered the US with a 10 year green card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.