MarthaDes19961995

does my i 134 sponsor has to be the same for i 864?

12 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MarthaDes19961995 said:

SO IT IS FINE THAT MY JOINT SPONSOR MAKES ENOUGH FOR THE INTERVIEW? HE MAKES $26K enough for 3

That’s very close to the threshold, the CO will decide at the interview if that’s enough 

9 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

No

Lastly,

does the joint sponsor would count the us petitioner + my us son and myself?

or it would be just me because i am the only intending inmigrant?

I am getting really confused, some sources says to count must myself, others say to count my whole household :(

1 minute ago, MarthaDes19961995 said:

Lastly,

does the joint sponsor would count the us petitioner + my us son and myself?

or it would be just me because i am the only intending inmigrant?

I am getting really confused, some sources says to count must myself, others say to count my whole household :(

If I understood correctly, your son is a US citizen. If so, then it would be just you unless the joint sponsor has dependents that are listed on their tax returns or has sponsored someone under I-864 and that is still in effect. 

2 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

If I understood correctly, your son is a US citizen. If so, then it would be just you unless the joint sponsor has dependents that are listed on their tax returns or has sponsored someone under I-864 and that is still in effect. 

YES my son is a US citizen.

And my joint sponsor is a single dad that has 1 daugther. That's why at the beggining I was telling you he makes enough for 3 people. He makes around $26.5k last year so we will be needing another joint sponsor for the AOS because it is needed to make 125%. My fiancé  is in a good job since the beggining of january tho, but it is too recently to be my only sponsor.

Thank you so much

1 minute ago, MarthaDes19961995 said:

My fiancé  is in a good job since the beggining of january tho, but it is too recently to be my only sponsor.

Thank you so much

I disagree. They’re looking at CURRENT income and if your fiancé is making enough right now then he is eligible. Bring proof of current income (employment letter from HR stating how much he makes, his start date and his job title) along with all the pay stubs available. Have your joint sponsor handy just in case but I believe they will not be needed unless you get a not so reasonable CO at the interview.

12 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

I disagree. They’re looking at CURRENT income and if your fiancé is making enough right now then he is eligible. Bring proof of current income (employment letter from HR stating how much he makes, his start date and his job title) along with all the pay stubs available. Have your joint sponsor handy just in case but I believe they will not be needed unless you get a not so reasonable CO at the interview.

OMG!!

THAT GREAT NEWS

We already have a verification letter of employment stating that is a permanent job and that he will be making $30k per annum.

BUT on the 134 we filled the income he did on 2021 (he haven't done 2022 taxes yet) and on that year he made $18. Do we leave the I134 like that? because someone recommend me that what says on the i134 has to macth the w2 and transcipts from the year.

2 minutes ago, MarthaDes19961995 said:

OMG!!

THAT GREAT NEWS

We already have a verification letter of employment stating that is a permanent job and that he will be making $30k per annum.

BUT on the 134 we filled the income he did on 2021 (he haven't done 2022 taxes yet) and on that year he made $18. Do we leave the I134 like that? because someone recommend me that what says on the i134 has to macth the w2 and transcipts from the year.

You have to amend the I-134 and put what he makes CURRENTLY right now (which is $30k), not what he made in the past. He still has to show tax returns for last year and declare how much he made last year but they will be looking at and focusing on current income. 

Edited by powerpuff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.