rikko

Old and/or Expired Documents

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have seen a lot of people report delays when they showed up to their interview in Poland with old, expired documents, and new documents which had to be verified or something.

Has anyone shown up with a document that is maybe a few weeks expired, like a police form, or something like a year old income verification on the petitioner's end, and had an issue? 

I emailed the Polish embassy and they told me all me and my beneficiary had to do was write updated letters of intent.

My bank statement and income verification are both a year old but still meet requirements. Will this cause an issue? Would I have to get new income verification?

Additionally, my beneficiary's police certificate only lasted 6 months and is now expired. Apparently there is a backlog because many Russians are trying to obtain police records to leave the country so he is not sure if his new one will arrive in time. If he has a recently expired Russian police record but hasn't lived in Russia since, is that acceptable? (He can't exactly do crime in a country he hasn't lived in since the last police certificate was generated)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, rikko said:

Additionally, my beneficiary's police certificate only lasted 6 months and is now expired. Apparently there is a backlog because many Russians are trying to obtain police records to leave the country so he is not sure if his new one will arrive in time. If he has a recently expired Russian police record but hasn't lived in Russia since, is that acceptable? (He can't exactly do crime in a country he hasn't lived in since the last police certificate was generated)

I've read stories on here about people being turned around for expired documents. I would do my best to ensure everything is valid.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
16 hours ago, rikko said:

It is not acceptable. They don’t care that you haven’t been back. In their eyes you’re a citizen and can obtain a new one any time. DO NOT RISK IT.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.