Snowwhite1811

NVC RFE for Proof of Domicile and Income Requirements

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Yesterday we got an RFE from NVC: both messages at the exact same time. The first one said that the case does not meet the income requirements and we should add a joint sponsor.

The second message said that they want us to upload proof of domicile.

We have a joint sponsor added, and they accepted all of the Documents that we uploaded. What does that mean? Do we have to find another joint sponsor? Is our joint sponsors income and assets not enough? Why did they accept the Documents then? 

As for proof of domicile, i told our Attorney several times to upload proof of domicile but he insists that i need this by the time of the interview and not now. He wants to send an inquiry to NVC on Monday because he thinks they're wrong. I highly doubt they're wrong with this. All I'm worried about is that we do not have enough proof of domicile. My Husband has been outside the US with me since 6 Years. All we have is proof of him looking for Jobs in the US, a Statement from his Mom that we will live with her and have our adress there, and a Statement from my Husband that says that he will move to the US as soon as i have my Greencard. Is that actually enough proof? I was gonna send all the tax transcripts of the last 3 Years but the Attorney told us this is not proof of domicile. I don't know what else we could upload.

1 hour ago, Snowwhite1811 said:

As for proof of domicile, i told our Attorney several times to upload proof of domicile but he insists that i need this by the time of the interview and not now.

Your attorney is wrong.  Proof of sponsor's US domicile is required at NVC stage.  It says so on the Department of State website -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents.html

Please remember: Each financial sponsor (petitioner, any joint sponsors, and any household members) must submit an Affidavit of Support as well as evidence of their finances and other supporting documents. Failure to do so will delay the processing of your case.

image.thumb.png.8926fe5d9dd36c594d12f42a196111d0.png

Because of your attorney's mistake, your case has been delayed, exactly as the official DOS page warned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Snowwhite1811 said:

I still would like to know if anyone can tell me if my Documents for proof of domicile are enough.

The answer to your question is embassy/consulate specific.  For example, if it is Montreal, they are very strict on the petitioner's US domicile, this typically requires the petitioner to move to the US and establish a life, residence, and income before the beneficiary's visa will be approved, so a period of separation is involved, 3-6 months or more.  For other countries, they are less strict on US domicile for the petitioner, and documents to show "intent to re-establish a US domicile" can be sufficient.  Sharing the specific country where the visa interview will take place will help you to get more accurate answers.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.