Iris1954

N400 Timeframe, tax transcripts

3 posts in this topic

We are submitting the n400 form this weekend in order to apply for citizenship.  Can someone tell me how much time I have to get such things as tax transcripts together before the interview?  Should I be ordering them now?  Or if the interview is far, far in advance should I just wait.   I see that in Phoenix the wait time is almost 14 months but I read that some people have been called in much earlier.  Is there anything else I will need prior to the interview?  We will be doing the 5 year one.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Iris1954 said:

form this weekend in order to apply for citizenship.  Can someone tell me how much time I have to get such things as tax transcripts together before the interview?

depends on when your interview is.  It seems like most new applications are happening in under 4 months. The majority of USCIS’s staff work on N-400s now.  

Should I be ordering them now? 

You should be creating your online irs.gov account to get 3-4 of them, and downloading them. Those 3-4 should be uploaded with your N-400 applications. The remaining 1-2 can be ordered from the IRS and your should steer now. The receipt for the order should also be uploaded with your N-400 application. 

If you are doing an online application, note that USCIS.gov is partially functional most weekends. I would not submit N-400 until Tuesday, and would not Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.  

Edited by Mike E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.