Runner19

IR5 cases automatically transferred to Kazakhstan

103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

@stacys and @Runner19, just to clarify, are you talking about fiance, spousal, or parent visas? Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought only K visa's are self-scheduled, IR/CR (spouse/child/parent) visas would be scheduled by NVC/embassy and you get notified.

We are doing a spousal visa (IR1) and they have us self scheduling. Then again, our case was transferred from Warsaw per our request so that may be why.

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline
21 minutes ago, CyberKnight13 said:

We are doing a spousal visa (IR1) and they have us self scheduling. Then again, our case was transferred from Warsaw per our request so that may be why.

Interesting. @Moscowmojo had their case transferred (prior to DQ) and his wife's interview was automatically scheduled. If I may be nosey, what was the specific wording in the emails/instructions to schedule your interview? I know that folks do have to register at US travel docs once interview is scheuled (and prior to attending) so that the embassy knows how to send you back the passport, but its interesting that they would schedule his, but not yours. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, CyberKnight13 said:

We may travel to Yekaterinburg via train and take a flight from there.

Btw, they also fly out of Nizhy Novgorod and Kazan (possibly other routes) to Almaty but that was just what I had looked up. Not sure what's closer, so take a look/play with the options.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

Interesting. @Moscowmojo had their case transferred (prior to DQ) and his wife's interview was automatically scheduled. If I may be nosey, what was the specific wording in the emails/instructions to schedule your interview? I know that folks do have to register at US travel docs once interview is scheuled (and prior to attending) so that the embassy knows how to send you back the passport, but its interesting that they would schedule his, but not yours. 

Too late to edit my old post, sorry for the additional one. I just went searching on KZ embassy site (I know, definite risk of outdated/incorrect info, but at least one 'official line') https://kz.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

"Once your case becomes qualified for an interview, NVC will work with the U.S. Consulate in Almaty to schedule an interview appointment for you."

Timeline
1 hour ago, Simplytex said:

This is the message they sent us from USAKZ@state.gov back when they took our case from Warsaw:

"Please be informed that we received the case WRW2022661003. The applicant
should schedule an appointment online at www.ustraveldocs.com Profile needs
to be created first for that. Also please see attached instructions to
prepare for the interview."

They have us using the cgifederal.secure.force.com website to schedule the interview appointment ourselves. Unfortunately, we keep getting an error saying that our case id cannot be found. I contacted US Travel Docs (utterly worthless company) several times and they told us they fixed it but they have not. I sent an e-mail directly to the consulate a few minutes ago.

Edited by CyberKnight13

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, CyberKnight13 said:

This is the message they sent us from USAKZ@state.gov back when they took our case from Warsaw:

"Please be informed that we received the case WRW2022661003. The applicant
should schedule an appointment online at www.ustraveldocs.com Profile needs
to be created first for that. Also please see attached instructions to
prepare for the interview."

Interesting - and had you already been DQ at the time? When did you receive that email (how long after transfer?)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Simplytex said:

Btw, they also fly out of Nizhy Novgorod and Kazan (possibly other routes) to Almaty but that was just what I had looked up. Not sure what's closer, so take a look/play with the options.

The website says they fly though Omsk as well but I couldn't find a flight. I found one from Yekaterinburg to Almaty for 65k Rubles for the 4 of us. Thank you!

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

Interesting - and had you already been DQ at the time? When did you receive that email (how long after transfer?)

Our timeline is a bit convoluted as we have been experiencing multiple administrative, transportation, and financial difficulties due to the geopolitical situation and sanctions. 

We received our NOA for the I-130 on 04/29/2022. Our case was originally sent to Moscow and then it was transferred to Warsaw for the interview on 06/10/2022. We tried to get my wife a Schengen or polish visa for the interview and they denied it saying Russians are not allowed in the EU, Schengen Zone, or Poland. I emailed 15 embassies/consulates in the region to request a case transfer and all my requests were denied. I got my Congresswoman's office involved and they got Almaty to accept our case on 07/15/2022. We received that e-mail on 07/18/2022.

We had our process expedited through the USCIS, NVC, and Warsaw embassy. Unfortunately, we have been trying to get to an interview since July. We also all (4 of us) have to go because my 10 year old daughter needs to renew her American passport and my wife and I both have to be present. 

TL;DR: Case was sent to Warsaw embassy on June 10, 2022 then transferred to Almaty on July 15, 2022 and we were received the e-mail telling us to schedule the interview online ourselves on July 18, 2022. 

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, stacys said:

Correct. As of last Wed there were three dates available for February with multiple spots and time slots. As of this morning, I believe, Feb 2nd is all booked, there are two spots for Feb 7th and 3-4 spots for Feb 21. My parents want their interviews for the end of march or any time in April. 

Thank you for clarifying that. I will go ahead and email them to see if we could schedule it ourselves too. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, stacys said:

@CyberKnight13I am trying to schedule an interview for IR5.

I imagine most of the immigrant visa processes are similar but I only have personal experience with K1 and IR1 immigrant visas. 

I hope everything works out well for you!

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

More weirdness with our cases. This morning we got another email about our interviews being canceled(nothing was scheduled), now the Almaty case numbers stopped working in CEAC. That's how it started 2 weeks ago when they transferred us to KZ. It looks like they are transferring our cases again somewhere. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.