Runner19

IR5 cases automatically transferred to Kazakhstan

103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Simplytex said:

My wife had to get Sputnik V for work, so I guess she's good on that count. My original worry had been that maybe KZ doctors would require Pfizer since I think you can get it there, but seems like that isn't the case.

They told me they do not require any COVID-19 vaccines and do not give them but then again, it is the US immigration system so... LOL

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline
10 hours ago, Moscowmojo said:

Thanks for the information!  My wife did her medical exam in Moscow as IMC said it would be valid for KZ, that was wrong info.  KZ requires the Medical exam in Almaty, so she is scheduled to do it on 2/17, Interview is 2/21.

This is exactly what I mean, they say one thing and require another. We weren't going to go to Moscow for the medical anyway because we refuse to touch Sputnik V but the confusing information is frustrating. We are going to do it all in Almaty, if we can ever get there.

Good luck to you and your wife! 

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Runner19, did your parents receive scheduled interview appointments in Almaty? My parents interviews were scheduled for Warsaw in February, since they currently do no have Schengen visa, I reached out to Almaty post and they immediately took over their cases. This morning i received an email from Almaty asking me to create a profile for both of my parents at ustravelsdocs and schedule their appointment. I created their profile but got a message that no appointments are available. Now what? Do I check every single day? Do i pay for a bot?

I emailed Almaty just in case and I am waiting on their response. But i was wondering if anyone else received assigned interview appointments? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, stacys said:

Runner19, did your parents receive scheduled interview appointments in Almaty? My parents interviews were scheduled for Warsaw in February, since they currently do no have Schengen visa, I reached out to Almaty post and they immediately took over their cases. This morning i received an email from Almaty asking me to create a profile for both of my parents at ustravelsdocs and schedule their appointment. I created their profile but got a message that no appointments are available. Now what? Do I check every single day? Do i pay for a bot?

I emailed Almaty just in case and I am waiting on their response. But i was wondering if anyone else received assigned interview appointments? 

Hey! My parents have not received their interview date yet, we were just notified that their interview location will be in Almaty. My understanding is that NVC will schedule the interview and we don't have any control over it. We still need to create the accounts with UStraveldocs once the interview is scheduled. When was y'alls DQ date? Interesting to see what Almaty says. 

Edited by Runner19

38 minutes ago, Runner19 said:

Hey! My parents have not received their interview date yet, we were just notified that their interview location will be in Almaty. My understanding is that NVC will schedule the interview and we don't have any control over it. We still need to create the accounts with UStraveldocs once the interview is scheduled. When was y'alls DQ date? Interesting to see what Almaty says. 

I-130 was submitted in December 2020. Approved in February 2022, DS-260 was submitted in May 2022, and all supporting documents were accepted in September 2022. We received appointment invitation for Warsaw mid January 2023 with a scheduled date February 7th. They literally gave my parents 3 weeks to get to Poland :)

I wrote two emails asking to transfer their cases - one to Jerusalem and one to Almaty. While I was waiting on Jerusalem to respond, Almaty replied back that they had requested both cases. That was on January 19th. As of today both cases are in Almaty but  now i do not know how to schedule my parent's interviews. Almaty is pretty responsive. I'll wait and see what they say 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Runner19 said:

Why do you need to create an account with Traveldocs?  I have not do that and we have an interview date.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, stacys said:

I-130 was submitted in December 2020. Approved in February 2022, DS-260 was submitted in May 2022, and all supporting documents were accepted in September 2022. We received appointment invitation for Warsaw mid January 2023 with a scheduled date February 7th. They literally gave my parents 3 weeks to get to Poland :)

I wrote two emails asking to transfer their cases - one to Jerusalem and one to Almaty. While I was waiting on Jerusalem to respond, Almaty replied back that they had requested both cases. That was on January 19th. As of today both cases are in Almaty but  now i do not know how to schedule my parent's interviews. Almaty is pretty responsive. I'll wait and see what they say 

You dont schedule the interview date, the NVC will work with the Almaty Consulate to schedule it and will notify you of the date.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Moscowmojo said:

Why do you need to create an account with Traveldocs?  I have not do that and we have an interview date.

Maybe I'm wrong and it was just for Poland? I remember you had to register to specify where to pick up the passport. I will have to look it up again

Timeline

@Runner19 Thanks for the info I went to the registration link and I am attaching what I saw.  It says if you "opt" to have it delivered enter the address.  I was planning having my wife stay in Almaty until the visa is ready and picking it up at the Consulate.  Maybe i need to write them to verify if that is possible.

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 9.08.33 AM.png

Timeline
7 hours ago, CyberKnight13 said:

This is exactly what I mean, they say one thing and require another. We weren't going to go to Moscow for the medical anyway because we refuse to touch Sputnik V but the confusing information is frustrating. We are going to do it all in Almaty, if we can ever get there.

Good luck to you and your wife! 

Now we have the question: With the airline verifying the passengers is eligibility to enter the US, will they understand that an immigrant visa from a country (Russia) that has a Covid waiver understand that she is eligible?  Nothing is easy for Russians in the process.

1 hour ago, Moscowmojo said:

You dont schedule the interview date, the NVC will work with the Almaty Consulate to schedule it and will notify you of the date.

So i talked to the NVC as well. They no longer have the cases. The NVC told me to contact Warsaw to reschedule the interview date and once i did that,  Warsaw responded and advised me to contact any embassy of my choice. 

Timeline

@stacys I understand, you had an appointment in Warsaw therefore the NVC already transferred the case and now the case has been moved to KZ.  We received our appointment letter from the NVC, not the KZ consulate.  Has your case number been change to ATA?  I think you proceeding correctly by writing the KZ consulate.  They have responded to my inquires pretty quickly (2 - 4 days). Best of luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Moscowmojo said:

Now we have the question: With the airline verifying the passengers is eligibility to enter the US, will they understand that an immigrant visa from a country (Russia) that has a Covid waiver understand that she is eligible?  Nothing is easy for Russians in the process.

Likely not as those airline employees tend to get overrun quickly.

It's also important to know as to which airline. E.g., Turks check everything at the check-in desk whereas Serbs rely on transfer desks.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

Likely not as those airline employees tend to get overrun quickly.

It's also important to know as to which airline. E.g., Turks check everything at the check-in desk whereas Serbs rely on transfer desks.

Right... She will be most likely taking Qatar Airlines.  I will do a number of screen shots and web addresses and get those to my wife just in case they give her any problems at the ticket counter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.