Shinto_cat

How do you organise your supporting documents? CR1 visa.

6 posts in this topic

Hi! We will be getting married April 2023 and after that, we will be processing our Cr1 application. We will be doing the application it online. Just some questions, what is the best way to organise the documents? 

This is my plan:

1. Communication and Phone calls and timeline of relationship 

2. Gifts and receipts and whatever money transfer he gives to me documents

3. 1st meet up, 2nd meet up and 3rd meet up: 

-some receipts, photos, airline tickets, hotels accommodation, etc

(*anything connected with the each meet up i will put in one pdf file)

4. Wedding plans and documents connected to wedding

5. Letters of family and friends 

This is what im thinking for now. Can anyone give me recommendations? Thank you so much!

Hi - congrats on the engagement!

I'm no expert, but our I-130 was just approved (literally yesterday 🙂) without any RFIs, so we must have done something right. What you're proposing sounds sensible to me. Whatever order you go for, try to set everything out as clearly as possible, to make the reviewers' job as easy as possible. Ultimately, they want to see evidence of the story of your relationship, so grouping things as you propose and then within each group ensuring things are in chronological order is probably the way to go.

We also submitted online.

We wrote a 'cover letter', which served as a contents page, and explanation of the significance, of everything else we submitted. We didn't do a timeline of relationship per se, but if you're doing that, the cover letter might be a good place for that.
We used a file naming convention, and referred to that convention in the contents page. The logic here being that the files might appear in alphanumerical order in the reviewer's system, such that the cover letter would be at the top. And even if not, they could cross-refer for each file to the cover letter explaining what each file was.

I've attached a redacted version of the cover letter in case useful.

Have a great wedding, and best of luck with the application!00_Cover Letter.pdf

Edited by elgrandedoodel

On 1/20/2023 at 6:57 AM, elgrandedoodel said:

Attachment didn't seem to work so attaching letter as image file:

2122216813_00_CoverLetter.thumb.jpg.b7a7d2dcc801f43bf68183d47ae90c3c.jpg

HI! I really appreciate your reply! and I see that your documents are very organise!  Thank you! 

How long before you got approve? I was also thinking the same thing that if our documents are organised, the visa officers will have less hassle of our documents. 

anyway congratulations on your approval! May I know the service centre of your visa?  Thank you! 

38 minutes ago, Titania_dy said:

How long before you got approve?

Take a look at my timeline - NOA1 to NOA2 took 416 days 😬.

39 minutes ago, Titania_dy said:

May I know the service centre of your visa?

It was with Texas Service Centre at first, and then transferred to Potomac Service Centre.

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.