AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
21 hours ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

I am holding out hope like crazy that I can get an approval in the early fall, so that potentially I can be with my fiancé for Christmas! 

Nope.

Maybe Mother's day '24.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Oregonian97 said:

We should not look at RFE's. I would consider RFE's as merely a notification. The approval/denial numbers already take that into account and are the only thing that reduce backlog. Also, New RFE's are always being added, so you could argue when they finish one RFE, a new one is added in its place. 

That is a VERY wrong thing to say.

An RFE is an indicator that not enough evidence was provided.

As processing times increase, the rate of RFE will keep on growing as USCIS is under burden to prove that a USC and a foreigner's relationship is ongoing.

As RFE percentage rate grows (and let's not forget about denials), every I-129F applicant better be compiling their folder of proof, to be submitted on a moment's notice.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Oregonian97 said:

Do you all think 1,000 cases a week is at all possible sometime in the next 2 months? If we average that the next few months, backlog will be flushed out by end of year.

Also, at this point in order for USCSI to meet their 6 month cycle time by Oct 2023, they need to average 1200 cases a week from now til October 2023.  

USCIS levelled at under 800 cases thus far in 2023.

Please check their latest reports: the 6-month cycle mentions are nowhere to be found. The current goal is working on I-485s.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Anna Hessler said:

It depends on what your "goal" is. Are you interested in the backlog being reduced? Then just look at approvals and denials, because those are the only decisions that remove a case from the backlog. 

Processing speed and weekly capacity? K1 FTEs, if you will? Then I'd include RFEs, but even that is hard. We don't know how much time was spent on each RFE before a decision was made. USCIS claims they spend 40 minutes on a K1 application. Arguably, a case that gets an RFE doesn't need that much time before the officer realizes something is missing. 

RFE cases spend anywhere between a week and an infinity (or application expiration, 2 years) before being decided on.

Some RFEs genuinely linger on forever.

Which means, prepare for an RFE now and build up your case iron-clad in advance.

4 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

USCIS levelled at under 800 cases thus far in 2023.

Please check their latest reports: the 6-month cycle mentions are nowhere to be found. The current goal is working on I-485s.

But it still mentions that below. Which report are you referring to?

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/reducing-processing-backlogs

3 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

RFE cases spend anywhere between a week and an infinity (or application expiration, 2 years) before being decided on.

Some RFEs genuinely linger on forever.

Which means, prepare for an RFE now and build up your case iron-clad in advance.

So it's usually just going to be evidence that relationship still going on? So probably pictures and tickets?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Oregonian97 said:

But it still mentions that below. Which report are you referring to?

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/reducing-processing-backlogs

A'ight.

So, html code for that page is "<!--Last updated 05.08.2018-->"

No idea how long they've been hanging onto that, but whatever.

Let's proceed:

Uscis.gov -->

Tools -->

Reports and studies -->

Immigration and Citizenship data -->

FY22 Appropriations Reporting Requirement - Application Processing Data for November 2022 (CSV, 3.54 KB)

Are you all seriously not seeing how USCIS is falling back every quarter?

Have you not seen my prior forms on this very forum proving as much?

Look at their end-of-year report yourself! USCIS Fiscal Year 2022 Progress Report

So please don't whine at me - and do bridge the gap in your own research.

Talk to your senator! Talk to your representative!

5 minutes ago, Oregonian97 said:

So it's usually just going to be evidence that relationship still going on? So probably pictures and tickets?

Based on the ratio of RFE to Approval, I don't think that they are asking for that proof routinely unless you didn't include it initially.  But it all depends on the officer reviewing the case.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Oregonian97 said:

- Proof of the beneficiary's parents and friends being aware and consenting of the relationship

- Proof of the wedding ceremony being pre-planned in detail

That's what Oct '22 and Nov '22 RFEs had been like.

Just now, Lynxyonok said:

- Proof of the beneficiary's parents and friends being aware and consenting of the relationship

- Proof of the wedding ceremony being pre-planned in detail

That's what Oct '22 and Nov '22 RFEs had been like.

How do we really provide any wedding plans when we have no clue on the dateS? Seems counter intuitive. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Oregonian97 said:

I will be honest:

I am preparing a hail-mary letter to USCIS outlining a post-I-129F meeting data submission.

Will it succeed? I do not know.

But I intend to overflood USCIS with evidence of the relationship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.