mrmonk7663

Time from DQ to IL Casablanca Morocco

61 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2023 at 8:59 PM, Em25 said:

Congratulations! Were you able to secure a medical appointment? 

Thanks, we were able to get an appt a few weeks before our interview Alhamdulillah, only kicker is it's with a Dr who is famous for causing trouble with applicants, but hopefully all goes well.

Please keep us posted as well and let us know how your interview goes!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 6/23/2023 at 5:29 PM, kubda89 said:

Thanks, we were able to get an appt a few weeks before our interview Alhamdulillah, only kicker is it's with a Dr who is famous for causing trouble with applicants, but hopefully all goes well.

Please keep us posted as well and let us know how your interview goes!

It’s Dr J, right? I heard a lot of things about him and how he treats people. Hopefully everything goes well. 

I did my medical (with Dr El Fihri) a couple of days ago and everything went well except for the sore arm! 

Now I’m just waiting for my interview and I’m so anxious! Will keep you posted. 

Timeline

Salam everyone, Eid Mubarak! Just wanted to give you all an update. My visa was approved on the spot and my interviewer was a nice lady but she asked a lot of questions. 

Questions: 
When and how did you meet your husband? I said Instagram and she asked me to elaborate how the conversation started. 
What’s his date of birth? 
When did you get married? 
Do you have problems with the police or court? 
Do you know your co-sponsor? 
How many times did he visit you?
Length of his visits. 
Have you ever traveled outside Morocco before?
Do you have your husband’s passport with you?

She asked to see some pictures of us and then she handed a white slip. I asked if I’m approved, she said yes and told me that I’ll receive my visa within 10 days. 

Good luck everyone! This process has been a nightmare but you just need to be patient. I pray that you get to be with your significant other very soon! 

Congrats @Em25 so happy for both of you!

Just a few questions..

Did they allow your sponsor to attend the interview with you? I've been getting conflicting information on this and would love to be with my wife if possible. 

Did they already have your medical with them or did you have to bring it?

When you said she gave you a white slip, what is the name of the paper? Do you have to take it somewhere or just keep it with you?

Did she ask you do interview in English or Arabic?

Did you setup your pickup location for the passport? From what I understand, you can choose to have it delivered to you or pick it up from the Aramex locations in casa or Rabat which I hear is easier.

Congrats again and so happy your interview went smooth! Are you planning on going to the US soon? 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, kubda89 said:

Congrats @Em25 so happy for both of you!

Just a few questions..

Did they allow your sponsor to attend the interview with you? I've been getting conflicting information on this and would love to be with my wife if possible. 

Did they already have your medical with them or did you have to bring it?

When you said she gave you a white slip, what is the name of the paper? Do you have to take it somewhere or just keep it with you?

Did she ask you do interview in English or Arabic?

Did you setup your pickup location for the passport? From what I understand, you can choose to have it delivered to you or pick it up from the Aramex locations in casa or Rabat which I hear is easier.

Congrats again and so happy your interview went smooth! Are you planning on going to the US soon? 

Thank you!

1) No, you do your interview alone. My husband visited me recently and I think she thought he’s still here. When she asked about his passport, I told her that I have a picture on my laptop but I didn’t bring it and I already uploaded that to CEAC.

2) I did my medical a couple of days before my interview and noticed that my status on CEAC status checker changed to Ready again 1 day before my interview. I took that as an indication that they received my medical. The receptionist handed me a receipt with my name, case number and the date of my medical. The man who took my civil documents before my interview started asked about my medical, and I told him that I did it before the interview. He didn’t check that receipt. 

3) There’s no name on it, it’s just says something like this: “dear applicant, your visa is approved and should be ready within 2 days make sure your register at ustraveldocs.com, we’ll notify you when your passport is ready for pickup.”  I kept it in one of the files I took with me. 

4) The guy who will take your documents will try to convince you to do it in English. I did mine in English because that’s the language I use to communicate with my husband and his family. I met a couple of ladies who were married to middle easterns and they use Arabic to communicate with their husbands and just like I said the guy urged them to do it in English but they insisted on doing it Arabic. The CO who interviewed them is a Tunisian man, he conducts interviews quickly. By the time I finished mine, he interviewed two applicants. Not saying that the CO who interviewed me is horrible, she did ask a lot of questions but she was very professional and polite.

5) When you register for Aramex, they give 3 locations from where you can pick up your passport : Casablanca (Free) Rabat and Tangier (You pay a fee, can’t remember how much exactly). They don’t deliver it to your address. I live in Agadir so the closest one is Casablanca. 

6) I’d love to but I wanna spend some time with family members especially my grandma and nephews. 

Good luck! 

Edited by Em25
Spelling mistakes

Timeline
On 7/2/2023 at 3:51 PM, kubda89 said:

Sorry, just 1 more question!

Did they happen to ask for proof of domicile or any financial docs?

Also did you just print pictures/chats on paper and show them? Is there any format you need to follow?

Let us know once you get your passport!

They did not! They didn’t even take my husband’s updated i864 nor his letter of employment. Not even the co-sponsor bill to establish domicile in the US! (Btw, I already submitted all of these documents to CEAC couple of days before my interview so I guess they don’t really need them) 

Not really, but just make sure it’s organized. For chats, call logs, screenshots from video calls, I put 4 in every page (you can resize images in word). As for the trips, I mentioned the dates and then attached hotel reservations, bus/train/plane tickets, activities receipts and 2-3 pictures.

I was put in AP since the day of my interview until July 3rd (because of Eid) and then my status changed at the end of the day to Issued. Aramex just sent me a message on Wednesday to let me that my passport is ready for pickup. 

Allah yssekher and you’re free to ask if you have any more questions! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Em25 hope you are well! Did you get your passport/visa?

We have our medical exam next week and just making sure everything is ready. As far as documents to bring, we have:

• Visa appointment letter
  • Passport + copy
  • Photos
  • Covid vaccine card
  • Vaccine records (its a very old little piece of paper from years ago)
  • DS-260 print out

Is there anything else they requested of you when showing up to the exam? Also could you tell us what they checked for during the exam? My wife is a little worried if she was sick recently, or has a small bruise, it may be cause for concern.

Shoukran!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/25/2023 at 8:38 PM, kubda89 said:

Hey @Em25 hope you are well! Did you get your passport/visa?

We have our medical exam next week and just making sure everything is ready. As far as documents to bring, we have:

• Visa appointment letter
  • Passport + copy
  • Photos
  • Covid vaccine card
  • Vaccine records (its a very old little piece of paper from years ago)
  • DS-260 print out

Is there anything else they requested of you when showing up to the exam? Also could you tell us what they checked for during the exam? My wife is a little worried if she was sick recently, or has a small bruise, it may be cause for concern.

Shoukran!!

Hey @Kubda89, I hope you and your wife are doing well. 

Sorry for the late response as I didn’t receive any email notifications from visa journey in a while. I believe that your wife already did her medical examination, I hope that everything went smoothly. 

Yes I did pick up my passport and I’m finally here in the US. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

When the dates get close to July - September, the consulate in Casablanca gives priority to the DV lottery winners. DV visas have to be issued before September 30th. 

You should expect to be scheduled in three weeks from now, like around the middle of October for a November interview.

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

I'm a USC and my husband is Moroccan. We've been approved by USCIS and Documentarily Qualified by NVC on September 19, 2023. I see that the wait times for an interview are fluctuating and the NVC notified me through their public enquiry that they can't determine or guesstimate approximately how long until an interview letter is issued by the US Embassy of Casablanca, Morocco but I read on this forum that it's about 4-6 months. Is that correct? I should expect to receive the IL in March 2024? I was wondering if that approximation is correct, and I'm considering to search for a US embassy that has shorter wait times for an interview. Did anyone have an experience transferring a case from Morocco? 

20 hours ago, Salima Hafurova said:

Hello, 

I'm a USC and my husband is Moroccan. We've been approved by USCIS and Documentarily Qualified by NVC on September 19, 2023. I see that the wait times for an interview are fluctuating and the NVC notified me through their public enquiry that they can't determine or guesstimate approximately how long until an interview letter is issued by the US Embassy of Casablanca, Morocco but I read on this forum that it's about 4-6 months. Is that correct? I should expect to receive the IL in March 2024? I was wondering if that approximation is correct, and I'm considering to search for a US embassy that has shorter wait times for an interview. Did anyone have an experience transferring a case from Morocco? 

I am in the same boat.  March is so far away for me 💔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.