TinNhi

Submit RFE response by mail AND online?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all,

I asked this same question at the tail end of topic I started in this forum, but I think it deserves its own thread and sincerely apologize if it doesn't.

Long story short, we received an RFE to provide 'Evidence of a shared marital life together'.  

The RFE states they must receive an answer by December 22nd, 2022.

We put our response together and mailed it via USPS Express mail.  We have the USPS receipt and it says the package was signed for back in late October 2022.  No other details like the name or initials of who actually received and signed for it.

If we don't see any status update through the USCIS online portal by, say, December 15th or so, should we prepare a digital RFE response of the same content and upload it to them?  That way, we can at least have a digital trail and screenshots we submitted on time.

The last thing we want is for USCIS to say they must not have received it and there's no particular employee they know of, who accepted it.  Maybe I just don't know how USPS Express works, but not having an actual person's name or initials who signed for it, makes me nervous.

Would you also submit your response online if the time is ticking down without any progress updates?

We used Rapid Visa up to this point, so they've always mailed things on our behalf.

Thank you very much for any information and assistance you can provide.

Tin - Natural-born U.S. Citizen, Male, Vietnamese descent

Nhi - Vietnamese Citizen, Female

Met in 2018 while Tin was on a 3 month family vacation in Vietnam.  Tin took another 3 month vacation to be with Nhi in 2019.

I-129F (K1) mailed in December 2019

NOA1 in January 2020

NOA2 in June 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Follow instructions on paper

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Timona said:

Follow instructions on paper

Thanks. The instructions say either method is OK, so we're wondering if we should play it safe and use both.  Any advantage to do so?

Met in 2018 while Tin was on a 3 month family vacation in Vietnam.  Tin took another 3 month vacation to be with Nhi in 2019.

NOA1 in January 2020

NOA2 in June 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Go for both

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Timona said:

Go for both

Thank you @Timona, I'll try to assemble an all digital version of what we mailed, so we can upload it before the 12/22 deadline.  We wouldn't be so nervous about what we mailed except for the fact we don't see "signature confirmation" from what we sent.  We only see "Delivered, left with individual" and we don't want anyone at USCIS to deny they received our response.

This is all we received and see from the USPS Express service we used:

Status Date / Time: October 21, 2022, 1:00 pm
Postal Product: Priority Mail Express 1-Day®
Extra Services: Insured
PO to Addressee
Up to $100 insurance included

NOA1 in January 2020

NOA2 in June 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.