RamiZest

K1 visa interview scheduling

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

So our status showed ready on November 10, 2022 but we have not yet received our packet. How long does it usually take? Many have said to schedule our own appointment but while we were in the process, the message clearly states NOT to schedule until instructed by the Consulate, otherwise our appointment will be canceled on the day of. We've emailed Naples Embassy and even called the office but still nothing. Most of the people I've reached out to who have had interviews at Naples said that their interview was scheduled for them. 

Our petition will expire December 15 which I think is nothing to worry about since everyone is behind. 

Just curious, anyone scheduled their own interview before receiving their packet? Did you get this message? 

20221114_102551.jpg

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Parallel Oddling said:

I would definitely NOT schedule the interview without prior authorization from the Embassy. Our case was showing ready since October 13th, kept emailing (both from the petitioner and beneficiary) the Embassy about possible next steps and they would reply back with "wait for further instructions". And we finally got an email (which only included 4 attachments) on November 15th to schedule the interview (so exactly a month) for December 6th which was the closest available. Note that I had already filled out the DS-160, paid the MRV fee and scheduled the courier pick up BUT did not schedule the interview. I only did the above (MRV fee, courier pick up) so that I can see potential dates for the interview so your country Embassy may be different and may not let you do those things. 

When you email the Embassy, do they reply back with an automated response or do they say something along the lines of what I mentioned above? Are you able to at least view open/available appointment slots like I mentioned?

I think at this point its a waiting game, how long it takes them to respond depends on the backlog. Our Embassy at UAE are taking case loads from the Afghan refugees as well as some Iranian cases so I was surprised they got back to us in a month. Good Luck!

I sent an email on November 11th and received an automated reply. Sorry I'm clueless about the MRV fee and courier pickup...? We completed the DS160 as well. We did not continue with the online registration so we did not see any appointment options. Honestly, no need to tease ourselves. We are already suffering enough with the waiting. 

Thanks so much for responding! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Parallel Oddling said:

Apologies for the confusion, each country and its embassy is different so the MRV fee (non-immigrant visa fee) which can be paid online or at the embassy on the day of the interview and the courier pickup (its a location like post office for the passport pick up after interview is completed) may not apply in your situation. 

Oh okay yes. We will be paying the MRV fee at the time we schedule our appointment online. Anyways, I really appreciate you responding and sharing your experience. I am very relieved. Just a little wait longer, I pray. 

We have a similar timeline too. Wishing you both the very best 🙏🏿🎉

Timeline

Well today is a great day. I woke up to an email from Naples Consolate with all the instructions we need and we scheduled our interview for November 29. Just 11 days away. We are elated and feeling extremely blessed! 

Whoohoo! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

On 11/16/2022 at 9:44 AM, Parallel Oddling said:

I would definitely NOT schedule the interview without prior authorization from the Embassy. Our case was showing ready since October 13th, kept emailing (both from the petitioner and beneficiary) the Embassy about possible next steps and they would reply back with "wait for further instructions". And we finally got an email (which only included 4 attachments) on November 15th to schedule the interview (so exactly a month) for December 6th which was the closest available. Note that I had already filled out the DS-160, paid the MRV fee and scheduled the courier pick up BUT did not schedule the interview. I only did the above (MRV fee, courier pick up) so that I can see potential dates for the interview so your country Embassy may be different and may not let you do those things. 

When you email the Embassy, do they reply back with an automated response or do they say something along the lines of what I mentioned above? Are you able to at least view open/available appointment slots like I mentioned?

I think at this point its a waiting game, how long it takes them to respond depends on the backlog. Our Embassy at UAE are taking case loads from the Afghan refugees as well as some Iranian cases so I was surprised they got back to us in a month. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 9:42 AM, RamiZest said:

Well today is a great day. I woke up to an email from Naples Consolate with all the instructions we need and we scheduled our interview for November 29. Just 11 days away. We are elated and feeling extremely blessed! 

Whoohoo! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

How did you pay ? When I go it shows me price but won’t allow me to pay. 

Timeline
On 12/2/2022 at 11:33 AM, Nat Dan said:

How did you pay ? When I go it shows me price but won’t allow me to pay. 

Did you figure it out?my fiancé is the one who completed it so I don't know how to help you navigate the payment part. Sorry. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.