wingfield

Case on processing hold due to security checks

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

My case has been pending since May 2021 (I-485/I-130; married to a USC, adjusted from B2). I inquired an "outside processing times inquiry" back in August 2022 and we received the note below. I do not have a criminal record. I actually performed an FBI background check on myself last year before applying because you never know as my name is a very common English (Canadian) name and nothing turned up.

Questions:

1. I already got my EAD over a year ago which required security checks when I did biometrics. Is this just an old tactic or excuse from USCIS to not hold themselves accountable to service levels? How could they approve the EAD after completing security checks here and claim that security checks is needed for I-485? I understand separate departments process them but do they not share the same biometric database?
  2. Has anyone had this issue before? I searched for thread about this online and they were from 2014 which is old. One person said she did not have a criminal record and it took extra 8 months to 1 year to complete the process. If it has happened to you, how long did you wait?

From USCIS in response to "Outside Processing Inquiry" submitted back in August. I just received it today which shows poorly how they are taking their sweet time.

We have placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the results of security checks before we make a decision on any pending case. We cannot predict when we will receive the results of these security checks. Please be assured that we will make every effort to make a decision in your case as soon as the security checks are complete. We hope this information is helpful to you.

Edited by wingfield

*** Moved from AOS from Work/Student/Tourist Visas forum to AOS Progress Reports ***

22 hours ago, wingfield said:

Has anyone had this issue before? I searched for thread about this online and they were from 2014 which is old. One person said she did not have a criminal record and it took extra 8 months to 1 year to complete the process. If it has happened to you, how long did you wait?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.