Black Unicorn

DCF Frankfurt Next Steps - What Happens after 1-130 sent

3 posts in this topic

Hi VJ community, I am a bit unsure of what happens after the Frankfurt embassy receives the I-130 petition. I have been reading the forums but I feel more confused than ever.

What is packet 3?

I see this term all in the forums but on the official US department of state website does not have it anywhere (at least I haven't found it).

Does the embassy email next steps for the DS-260 stuff or do they send an email?

We want to know what to be on the look out for. I have read so many post and i'm still unclear on what to expect. 

10/19/22 : Approval for DCF granted

10/28/22 : I-130 petition sent to consulate

10/31/22 : Consulate received I-130 petition

11/16/22 : I-130 petition approved. Packet 3 received

11/18/22 : Packet 3 sent via email

11/21/22 : Packet 3 accepted / Request for interview Approved

11/22/22: Interview scheduled for Dec. 

12/12/22: Medical completed

12/27/22: Visa Interview / 221g issued

1/18/23: Consulate received requested document

1/25/23: CAEC status changed from refuse to issued

1/27/23: Passport picked up

2/5/23: Paid immigration fee (OS155A)

6/7/23: Arrived in U.S.A

6/20/23: SS card delivered via USPS

7/20/23: GC being Produced

7/25/23: GC mailed

7/28/23: GC delivered via USPS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Packet 3 is just what it's commonly called, not an official term. Frankfurt used to send it per mail to the beneficiary but things might have changed and they could send it per email now. It includes information pertaining the next steps after NVC to get your case ready for an interview for the K1 visa. With DCF things are different anyways from the normal consular processing. 

Thanks for sharing what you know @Letspaintcookies we are waiting for the petition to be reviewed to see how the next steps will work. I believe you are right about the mail but I know they have also been emailing. It's a wait and see type of situation😌

10/19/22 : Approval for DCF granted

10/28/22 : I-130 petition sent to consulate

10/31/22 : Consulate received I-130 petition

11/16/22 : I-130 petition approved. Packet 3 received

11/18/22 : Packet 3 sent via email

11/21/22 : Packet 3 accepted / Request for interview Approved

11/22/22: Interview scheduled for Dec. 

12/12/22: Medical completed

12/27/22: Visa Interview / 221g issued

1/18/23: Consulate received requested document

1/25/23: CAEC status changed from refuse to issued

1/27/23: Passport picked up

2/5/23: Paid immigration fee (OS155A)

6/7/23: Arrived in U.S.A

6/20/23: SS card delivered via USPS

7/20/23: GC being Produced

7/25/23: GC mailed

7/28/23: GC delivered via USPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.