user3897

Expedite request eligibility for childcare

5 posts in this topic

My wife is petitioning for me. The case is with NVC, our last update was a Tax documents that NVC requested. We uploaded the document but forgot to press on submit (After you upload a document on NVC portal you need to press on submit documents in order to submit it). We lost three month in NVC processing timeline before we actually press on submit documents. NVC portal only show the dates the documents were uploaded even after we submitted them. We emailed our senator office for help to request NVC to review our documents. We thought since the documents were uploaded on time and NVC portal only show the date uploaded. We would have got our documents reviewed. 

So our senator office responds requesting for a medical documentation, or deployment papers, or statement of hardship, or statement of threat, basically a document that would create a need for expedite. Our daughter is now 11 weeks old and my wife will have to resume with work in one month. Can we file an expedite request for emotional and financial hardship? Any advise will help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds financial.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If you feel you meet the requirements for expedite, you should file.

It maybe accepted.

Too many variables are applied by different embassies.

Also expedites are approved on a case to case basis.

What I can tell you is get to the point fast because no one has the time to read a long letter

• 4 weeks later...

Update: We didn't file for an expedite request. We decided to wait for NVC to approved our documents on their normal processing timeline. We got our documents approved (Documentarily Qualified) on Oct 26th. We are know waiting for the interview to be scheduled at the US embassy in Abu Dhabi. I am not sure how long is the waiting time. I heard it's 3 to 4 months.   

Edited by user3897

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.