aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks Laney,

Yes everything else is going well and getting ready to shift forums. We file in less than one month to lift condtions and getting ready to submit these papers. I have worked off and on getting the packet complete now just got to spend some serious time on copying some information and then triple checking the information. Hope all is well with you too!

Mary

That is so great!! I hope you have a fantastic reunion.

Hi All,

I'm very happy to say that after 1 year and 7 months my wife has finally received her I-130 visa!! She will be coming the the US in a couple of weeks and we will at last be reunited. Good luck to all of you with your visa journey. InshAllah, you will all be reunited soon.

Here is a rough timeline of our case. We had to endure two security checks....

May 3, 2006-- Applied for I-130

Aug 15, 2006-- NOA2, sent to USCIS

Dec 28, 2006-- USCIS approves, sent to Islamabad

Jan 8, 2007-- Islamabad Embassy receives case

Mar 6,2007-- Packet 3.5 sent

June 22, 2007-- Interview date, on AP

Oct 15, 2007-- First security check completed

Oct 23,2007-- Embassy calls my wife and asks a few basic questions about our marriage.

Oct 27,2007-- DOS informs me that we are on a second security check.

Dec 17,2007--DOS says that second security check has been completed.

Jan 18, 2008-- Visa issued!

Jan 23, 2008-- Wife receives visa!

Hey Mary,

Im so sorry to see he will need a hearing aid. I hope everything else is going well.

Laney

Thanks for asking, we have been running back and forth to the doctors. He is deaf now and we are going to have to go and get a hearing aid within the next few weeks. They are discussing more surgery but decided that it may cause more harm than good. I appreciate everyone's concern and above all their prayers.

I hope to see more approvals in this forum soon too.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Does anyone know if ISB embassy requires 3 years tax return or only 1 yr? I have read 1yr is required and the other 2yrs are optional, Which is correct pertaining to ISB?

I submitted 4 years of tax returns, I ordered mine directly from IRS for free and you can order upto 4 at a time! So, I thought I would request all 4 and then submit all 4 so they know as much as possible about me!! more da marrier!

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Thanks , just trying to get prepared since I have so much time on my hands :whistle:

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would like to thank everyone for all your support through your comments.. it has helped us a lot with our case. Thank to Allah my husband received a call today that his passport is back at American Express. From the time of his interview to it took about 128 days for him to receive his passport with the visa :)

Interview @ ISL (put on AP) - 09/20/07

AP Completed - 01/02/08

Visa Issued - 01/09/08

Passport Mailed - 01/10/08

Passport Back at AMX - 01/25/08

Thank you and good luck to everyone who all are waiting patiently... there is light at the end of this tunnel. Inshallah may your case be completed as soon as possible and may you be reunited with your love one, Ameen :)

AFZubairi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

:blink:HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP

HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPH

ELP

PLS ANYBODY GIVE ME THE ANSWER ,,, MA CASE HAS BEEEN TRANSFER TO ISB EMBASSY ON 29 DEC N TILL NOT I HAVE NOT RECEIVE THE PACKET 3.5,WHENEVER I MADE CALL TO ISB EMBASSY THE JUST TELL ME THAT WE HAVE RECIEIVE UR ELECTRONIC FILE NOT THE PHYSICALL CASE SO WAIT,

HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE..............THANKS

Edited by ijaz

Timeline
I would like to thank everyone for all your support through your comments.. it has helped us a lot with our case. Thank to Allah my husband received a call today that his passport is back at American Express. From the time of his interview to it took about 128 days for him to receive his passport with the visa :)

AP Completed - 01/02/08

Visa Issued - 01/09/08

Thank you and good luck to everyone who all are waiting patiently... there is light at the end of this tunnel. Inshallah may your case be completed as soon as possible and may you be reunited with your love one, Ameen :)

AFZubairi

wow many congratulations to u.wish u a happy reunion :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP

HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP

PLS ANYBODY GIVE ME THE ANSWER ,,, MA CASE HAS BEEEN TRANSFER TO ISB EMBASSY ON 29 DEC N TILL NOT I HAVE NOT RECEIVE THE PACKET 3.5,WHENEVER I MADE CALL TO ISB EMBASSY THE JUST TELL ME THAT WE HAVE RECIEIVE UR ELECTRONIC FILE NOT THE PHYSICALL CASE SO WAIT,

HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE..............THANKS

ijaz -- First of all that font and size is just plain ignoring and not necessary by anymeans. We all understand your frustration but it really wont help get you a response any sooner, if anything, it'll decrease your chance of getting a response.

Also, please create/update your timeline and create a signature as well so the rest of us VJ'ers can see where you stand. It has only been a month since NVC said they have sent your case to the Embassy. I would give it another week and call the embassy. My case only took a few weeks but from what I understand they are really slammed right now after the holiday breaks and everything.... patients is key.

goodluck and i look forward to seeing an updated timeline

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Timeline

ijaz

The electronic files go automatically and it takes the hard copies usually up to two weeks. The hard copy has to go to the consulate/embassy and then it is matched page per page with the electronic copy and someone signs off that the case/file is at Islamabad at that time. After that time they will be able to tell you that you are in the system. Hang in there.

AP Completed - 01/02/08

Visa Issued - 01/09/08

AFZubairi

Many congratulations and wishing him home to you soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

My wife and kids went for interview on Friday and by the grace of God, they were issued visa and VO gave them token to collect passports from American Express in Lahore after 7 to 10 days.

We are so happy, this long and terrible journey has come to an end now. I am glad I went to Pak to accompany my wife for the interview. There were long lines outsite in the open in sub-freezing temperature. The worst of them is when you get the bus ticket to the embassy, took 45 minutes. It took us longer to wait in lines than for the actual interview which lasted for less than 5 minutes. VO asked my wife only 4 questiones,

1. When did you get married.

2. When did you see your husband for the first time

3. Ages of our kids

4. How many times your husband visits you each year.

Didn't ask for any proof, like photos, phone records, emails (even though we were prepared)

Then VO Conratulated my wife and said "Your paper work is all complete. Welcome to USA and make sure your husband takes you to Disney World" (we live in FL) I was standing 3 steps behind my wife to the left of window holding our younger son. I wanted to scream the loudest I could when I heard these words. Then VO asked my wife " You can tell your husband to come forward to the window". VO gave my wife the original documents we submitted with packet 3.5, and gave us 3 tokens for collecting passports from American Express.

We are Happy and thankful to God for keeping us sane during these 5 years of "forced separation"

I pary for all still going through this process for a speedy completion and hope all reunited with their loved ones soon.

Thank you to all VJ family members for support and help.

Edited by jaxguy

IR1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-130 Sent : 2004-04-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-04-30

I-130 Approved : 2005-05-31

NVC Received : 2005-06-15

Naturalized Citizenship: 2007-05-24

Sent letters to NVC and USCIS to upgrade my wife and kids petitions: 2007-05-24

Petition upgraded from F2A to IR1: 2007-06-12

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2007-06-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2007-06-19 (email)

Pay I-864 Bill: 2007-06-19 (Jame's Shortcut)

1-864 Bill Delivered in St. Louis: 2007-06-21

NVC Accepts DS-3032: 2007-06-26 (email from NVC)

IV Bill & I-864 Generated: 2007-07-02

Return Completed I-864: 2007-07/09 (Jame's Shortcut)

Received & Paid IV Bill : 2007-07-16

IV Bill entered in NVC system: 2007-07-24

DS230 Generated: 2007-07-30

Return Completed DS-230 : 2007-08-09 (Jame's Shortcut)

NVC Receives DS-230: 2007-08-13

DS-230 entered in NVC system: 2007-08-16

Case Completed at NVC: 2007-08-24

NVC Left : 2007-08-29

Consulate Received : 2007-09-12

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-22

Packet 4 Received : 2007-10-05

Original Interview Date : 2008-04-08

New Interview Date : 2008-01-25

Visa Issued: 2008-01-25

Passport Received : 2008-01-30

US Entry : 2008-02-26

POE: JFK

Comments : I filed as a GC holder. Upgraded the same petition to IR1 in June 07.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : My I-130 was approved in 413 days.

Timeline
ijaz

The electronic files go automatically and it takes the hard copies usually up to two weeks. The hard copy has to go to the consulate/embassy and then it is matched page per page with the electronic copy and someone signs off that the case/file is at Islamabad at that time. After that time they will be able to tell you that you are in the system. Hang in there.

AP Completed - 01/02/08

Visa Issued - 01/09/08

AFZubairi

Many congratulations and wishing him home to you soon.

Mary

Thanks dear for the reply actually i got packet 3.5.. thanks all ...

Timeline
My wife and kids went for interview on Friday and by the grace of God, they were issued visa and VO gave them token to collect passports from American Express in Lahore after 7 to 10 days.

We are so happy, this long and terrible journey has come to an end now. I am glad I went to Pak to accompany my wife for the interview. There were long lines outsite in the open in sub-freezing temperature. The worst of them is when you get the bus ticket to the embassy, took 45 minutes. It took us longer to wait in lines than for the actual interview which lasted for less than 5 minutes. VO asked my wife only 4 questiones,

3. Ages of our kids

Didn't ask for any proof, like photos, phone records, emails (even though we were prepared)

Then VO Conratulated my wife and said "Your paper work is all complete. Welcome to USA and make sure your husband takes you to Disney World" (we live in FL) I was standing 3 steps behind my wife to the left of window holding our younger son. I wanted to scream the loudest I could when I heard these words. Then VO asked my wife " You can tell your husband to come forward to the window". VO gave my wife the original documents we submitted with packet 3.5, and gave us 3 tokens for collecting passports from American Express.

We are Happy and thankful to God for keeping us sane during these 5 years of "forced separation"

I pary for all still going through this process for a speedy completion and hope all reunited with their loved ones soon.

A big congratt jax.. enjoy every moment of your life together. :dance::thumbs:

asmo

Timeline

3. Ages of our kids

congratulations jaxguy :dance: when are u going to disneyland now? :lol:

Timeline

3. Ages of our kids

Big congratulations to you and your family. :dance:

congrats

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.