aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Guys,

My wife's got interview date next month for K3 visa and she will be going to Lahore for madical. I'm wondering if it's possible to get vaccinations from Pakistan as well for various reasons 1) cost 2) saves me time in US 3) Doctors nakhare here etc..

So, has anyone gotten vaccinations in Pak that they used here in the US for AOS and school etc...

hey bro,there is no more medicals done in lahore.they closed masood hospital thingy.now u can only have ur medical done in islamabad or karachi.all the best :thumbs: (my wife was intended to do her medical at masood hospital lahore,but on inquiry they told her that they are not doing medicals now,so she went to islamabad on 29nov07)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Guys,

My wife's got interview date next month for K3 visa and she will be going to Lahore for madical. I'm wondering if it's possible to get vaccinations from Pakistan as well for various reasons 1) cost 2) saves me time in US 3) Doctors nakhare here etc..

So, has anyone gotten vaccinations in Pak that they used here in the US for AOS and school etc...

hey bro,there is no more medicals done in lahore.they closed masood hospital thingy.now u can only have ur medical done in islamabad or karachi.all the best :thumbs: (my wife was intended to do her medical at masood hospital lahore,but on inquiry they told her that they are not doing medicals now,so she went to islamabad on 29nov07)

Thanks bro, I had a little doubt about that too because my wife told me this hospital was crossed out. So, she will have to schedule appointment in Islamabad :blink:

But as far as vaccinations do you or anyone here has gone through this in Pak? If there are multiple shots needed, I'm sure doctor will have to schedule it for different times....or is it all done once?

Timeline
Hi Guys,

Thanks bro, I had a little doubt about that too because my wife told me this hospital was crossed out. So, she will have to schedule appointment in Islamabad :blink:

But as far as vaccinations do you or anyone here has gone through this in Pak? If there are multiple shots needed, I'm sure doctor will have to schedule it for different times....or is it all done once?

it actually depends on the vaccination itself, some are series, some are single.....depends on what she needs really....was she not vaccinated when she was a child?

Timeline
Salaam All,

Happy New year to everyone. Just wondering, has anyone received there Packet 3 from ISL?? I am still waiting for mine since NOV 26 when my case was transferred from NVC. Feedback appreciated. :whistle:

email them and check the status...it's possible with the holidays it got delayed, then with all the mess getting shut down over here it could cause further delay....so write to them and check on it. make sure to include your case number both names and d.o.b's

best of luck!

Timeline
Hi Guys,

they gave my wife 3 shots simultaneously.one is for MMr and 2 more which i dont remember.all the best :thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hey guys,

Yesterday I called the DOS office and they told me that my husband's security check has been completed. So now im hoping inshallah I will be hearing from the ISB soon.

Farah

I-129F (K3) Form:

07-08-06 – Married

01-17-07 – NOA1 rec’d

05-10-07– I-129F Approved, in 90 days from your filing date.

05-10-07 – Forwarded to ISB Emb.

06-19-07 – Initial Interview date but since he had business trips later changed to August 28, 2007 put on AP , given white slip

03-28-08 – call DOS case going in & out of AP

03-30-08 - called ISB said they requested case to be expedited

04-08-08 - Husband received email from ISB to pick up visa :) :) yippppyyyyyyyy

04-02-08 - VISA PRINT DATE

04-21-08 - will be in ISB to pick up visa :) :)

VISA IN HAND on 04-21-08 VISA Issuance DATE on 04-02-08

June 6, 2008 Arrived in USA POE Detroit, <10mins to do immigration, very nice + helpful officer, Zero harassment level even though husband has a very very common name

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

congratulation :dance:

and

Best of luck :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

TIMELINE FOR CR1- I-130

July 29th 2006 - GOT MARRIED IN PAKISTAN

Sep 1st 2006 - I-130 sent.

Sep 5th 2006 - NOA1

May 24th 2007 - NOA2 APPROVED

NVC FOR CR-1 (I-130)

06/13/07 - NVC receives petition and case # assigned.

Sep 11th 2007 - CASE COMPLETED!!! THANK GOD

Sep 19th 2007 - Case fwd to London embassy

US EMBASSY LONDON

Oct 25th 2007 - Medical Appointment

Nov 9th 2007 - INTERVIEW IN LONDON (APPROVED PUT ON AP)

Dec 5th 2007- AP CLEARED IN 26 DAYS

Dec 18th 2007 - ALHAMDULILLAH VISA IN HAND

U.S.A

Feb 15th 2008 - POE (JFK)

Mar 05th 2008 Green Card arrived

Dec 28 2009 Apply for condition remove

Removal of Conditions Timeline

Dec 26 2009 I-751 sent

Dec 28 2009 I-751 delivered (VSC)

Dec 29 2009 I-751 NOA Received

Mar 09 2010 condition removed got 10 years green card

NATURALIZATION N-400

Dec 07 2010 N-400 sent to Tx

Dec 09 2010 N-400 delivered

Dec 29 2010 Received biometric appointment letter for 01/13/2011

Jan 13 2011 Biometric done

Timeline
Hi Guys,

it actually depends on the vaccination itself, some are series, some are single.....depends on what she needs really....was she not vaccinated when she was a child?

I'm sure she did but 1) don't have record 2) is that going to be acceptable and no more shots will be needed?

Timeline
Hi Guys,

I'm sure she did but 1) don't have record 2) is that going to be acceptable and no more shots will be needed?

If there is no record, then yes, she will have to have all of the shots required......it sucks, I know. Does she not have a way to get those records from where she was born (for the ones rec. at birth)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hey guys,

Yesterday I called the DOS office and they told me that my husband's security check has been completed. So now im hoping inshallah I will be hearing from the ISB soon.

Farah

Last week I got the same response from DOS also. When was your husband's interview and how long did it take for this process to be completed in your case?

AFZubairi

Timeline
Hi Guys,

If there is no record, then yes, she will have to have all of the shots required......it sucks, I know. Does she not have a way to get those records from where she was born (for the ones rec. at birth)

I will find out whether she can get the record. Today was her madical in ISL the latest is that at this time only ISL madical is open the second one in Karachi is closed so they are over booked and it was full of crowd. People who supposed to get the madical should do it as soon as they hear from embassy.

I wanted her to get the shots from ISL but they said embassy did not instruct them for this and rest of the process should take place in US. :blush:

Oh well...it is what it is. Now I hope her interview goes smooth next month Insha'Allah.

Timeline
hey guys,

Farah

Last week I got the same response from DOS also. When was your husband's interview and how long did it take for this process to be completed in your case?

AFZubairi

My husband's interview date was august 28th 2007, 4 1/2 months I would say for security check to complete

I-129F (K3) Form:

07-08-06 – Married

01-17-07 – NOA1 rec’d

05-10-07– I-129F Approved, in 90 days from your filing date.

05-10-07 – Forwarded to ISB Emb.

06-19-07 – Initial Interview date but since he had business trips later changed to August 28, 2007 put on AP , given white slip

03-28-08 – call DOS case going in & out of AP

03-30-08 - called ISB said they requested case to be expedited

04-08-08 - Husband received email from ISB to pick up visa :) :) yippppyyyyyyyy

04-02-08 - VISA PRINT DATE

04-21-08 - will be in ISB to pick up visa :) :)

VISA IN HAND on 04-21-08 VISA Issuance DATE on 04-02-08

June 6, 2008 Arrived in USA POE Detroit, <10mins to do immigration, very nice + helpful officer, Zero harassment level even though husband has a very very common name

.png

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sallam Everybody,

I finally got through to the US Embassy in ISL. They received our Packet 3 on Dec. 14 and have had major delays (as we all know) and have not sent the next packet to my fiance. I asked the gentlemen to whom I was talkin to on the phone when we should expect an interview date? He said all Jan and Feb interview appointments are aleady full and it would be sometime in March if the documents we submitted were correct.

When we spoke he said they should look at our case within a week (tomorrow will be 1 wk from this convo). I plan on calling them on Thurs or Fri for an update on the case. I will keep everyone up to date.

Take Care!

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Timeline

Oh well...it is what it is. Now I hope her interview goes smooth next month Insha'Allah.

Rainbow, since you don't have any timeline in your signature, can I please ask you how long it took NVC to forward the case to the embassy and once the embassy received it, how long it took for them to send the first packet.

I am trying to get a rough estimate of when my wife's interview will be. Today when I called the NVC, they said that they have received the case from the USCIS. The lady on the phone told me that it takes 4 weeks for them to forward it to the embassy. Based on my timeline, do you think my wife should get an interview date for March or April?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.