aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If everything goes fast, she can receive the packet in 10 days leaving from NVC. And interview one month from the day they receive the packet.

Good luck! & keep us posted on the status.

My husband went for his fingerprints and gave his passport today. They said MUBARAK to him and he will get his passport back in 1 week with visa. YEAH! :dance:

CONGRATS!! GREAT NEWS!!! Best of luck on the rest of the journey!

Hi All,

My case has been sent to Islamabad on Thursday Nov. 15, my priority date for my K1 is 23 of May 2007. I have a few questions:

1 -- How long does it take for ISB to receive the petition?

2 -- I have noticed a lot of people here on VJ have received earlier interviews, do you think she will receive interview this year?

3 -- Is there anything we can do while we are waiting for ISB to contact her in Lahore?

4 -- Is there any way to put a rush on the K1 petition? I am going to be in Lahore, Dec 20 to Jan 4, and would love for her to come back with me.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Gohar

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Usually after leaving NVC, you get the packet from ISB within 5 weeks and interview within 9 weeks. Add one extra week for the visa to get to her. If everything goes well, you should plan something in last 2 weeks of Jan if you could. This is the pattern I have noticed lately.

I hope this help.

My husband went for his fingerprints and gave his passport today. They said MUBARAK to him and he will get his passport back in 1 week with visa. YEAH! :dance:

Hi All,

My case has been sent to Islamabad on Thursday Nov. 15, my priority date for my K1 is 23 of May 2007. I have a few questions:

2 -- I have noticed a lot of people here on VJ have received earlier interviews, do you think she will receive interview this year?

3 -- Is there anything we can do while we are waiting for ISB to contact her in Lahore?

4 -- Is there any way to put a rush on the K1 petition? I am going to be in Lahore, Dec 20 to Jan 4, and would love for her to come back with me.

Gohar

WHAT!!! I think you should look at the timelines for people on here.....you are WAY off on that information......people are waiting until next year sometime for their visas, and almost (if not everyone) everyone is going through AP. You should be more realisitic when giving information, people get their hopes up!

Timeline

That's why I am saying if everything goes well. With the AP nobody could suggest anything. I have seen people on AP for 4 weeks to 1 year. So pls read my msg carefully. I always try to be optimistic, but you never know with USCIS.

Thanks

Usually after leaving NVC, you get the packet from ISB within 5 weeks and interview within 9 weeks. Add one extra week for the visa to get to her. If everything goes well, you should plan something in last 2 weeks of Jan if you could. This is the pattern I have noticed lately.

I hope this help.

Hi All,

Gohar

WHAT!!! I think you should look at the timelines for people on here.....you are WAY off on that information......people are waiting until next year sometime for their visas, and almost (if not everyone) everyone is going through AP. You should be more realisitic when giving information, people get their hopes up!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
That's why I am saying if everything goes well. With the AP nobody could suggest anything. I have seen people on AP for 4 weeks to 1 year. So pls read my msg carefully. I always try to be optimistic, but you never know with USCIS.

Thanks

I hope this help.

Hi All,

Gohar

Thanks guys!! any insight to the situation is great! I do realize this varies a lot from case to case. Also, do a lot of females get put on AP? I have everything in line and whatnot, no RFE's or anything, my fiancee has had 2 older sisters come here on the same type of visa. In january of 2008 it will be 2 yrs for the most recent on and hers was approved in a full 6 months but I know in 2 yrs A LOT can/has changed.

I'm just hoping for the best and if anyone knew of any kinda trick or anything to help the case along, and I'm sure that embassy is extremely busy. Also, I saw on the note from NVC that the Embassy in ISB will use the Priority Date (date I-129F was received by service center, for me 23 MAY 2007) to place priority on each case. I hope this works in my favor if at all, but i would think Embassy puts priority on a first come first serve basis!

Anyways, I will keep you all updated with my case! hope to have update's frequently!!!! :-)

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Timeline

Thanks

I hope this help.

CONGRATS!! GREAT NEWS!!! Best of luck on the rest of the journey!.

Hi All,

Gohar

Thanks guys!! any insight to the situation is great! I do realize this varies a lot from case to case. Also, do a lot of females get put on AP? I have everything in line and whatnot, no RFE's or anything, my fiancee has had 2 older sisters come here on the same type of visa. In january of 2008 it will be 2 yrs for the most recent on and hers was approved in a full 6 months but I know in 2 yrs A LOT can/has changed.

I'm just hoping for the best and if anyone knew of any kinda trick or anything to help the case along, and I'm sure that embassy is extremely busy. Also, I saw on the note from NVC that the Embassy in ISB will use the Priority Date (date I-129F was received by service center, for me 23 MAY 2007) to place priority on each case. I hope this works in my favor if at all, but i would think Embassy puts priority on a first come first serve basis!

Anyways, I will keep you all updated with my case! hope to have update's frequently!!!! :-)

I've noticed more and more females being put on AP....actually, I've not seen many people NOT going on AP these days. there just isn't anything you can do to rush it, honestly,trust me, I've tried and I know a lot of others have too! just make sure you do everything right...which we've also done so far.... People said because I'm a "white American citizen" ours wouldn't take as long......but that's not the case anymore either.....as I've been seeing from other white folk. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic......you can go through the pages and look at the time lines for yourself...that's what I did when I first found this website....and I was APPALLED. Obviously I wish it goes sooner for you...I wish it goes as quick as possible for EVERYONE!

Timeline
Look at this one, got the packet in 10 days after leaving NVC.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=36925

I'm not interested in getting into some great debate, perhaps your ego was burned or something......fine, that's an example, and that's GREAT! I didn't promise this guy it was going to take years.....I just told him what I found going through the threads. Dude, be right....and be happy....I don't care, that's not why I'm here. If I wanted to feel superior to a bunch of people I'd find a website where I could actually answer questions......all I do here is offer what I've noticed and what I've been through. I'm done with this topic......see ya

Timeline

It's not my ego, just looking at the patten of ISB. If you do a timeline seach, it's obvious. Also with ISB, AP rate on guys is much higher than girls. U could have an educated guess based on pattern and that's what I am doing.

I'm not interested in getting into some great debate, perhaps your ego was burned or something......fine, that's an example, and that's GREAT! I didn't promise this guy it was going to take years.....I just told him what I found going through the threads. Dude, be right....and be happy....I don't care, that's not why I'm here. If I wanted to feel superior to a bunch of people I'd find a website where I could actually answer questions......all I do here is offer what I've noticed and what I've been through. I'm done with this topic......see ya

Filed: Timeline
It's not my ego, just looking at the patten of ISB. If you do a timeline seach, it's obvious. Also with ISB, AP rate on guys is much higher than girls. U could have an educated guess based on pattern and that's what I am doing.

i am on ap from july , DOS has approved and it is pending in embassy ,

Timeline

CONGRATS!!!!

Timeline

I don't see anything in your timeline. I am sure there is no country named N/A and no person named N/A, If u could please update your timeline then all of us would know cases like yours, and it would be reflected in the timeline when I pull the data. I am not saying u don't get APs. If everything goes smootly you could receive the packet 4rm ISB within 5 weeks & interview another 4-5 weeks after they receive the papers. So just to explain this further, who are unable to understand this. Please look at the attachmet. I hope this helps.

After leavig NVC to Islamabad

MIN-------------MAX

For Packet----------------15 days---------5wk

For interview--------------4wk-------------7wk

If you get AP, then nobody knows when you would be done!

Edited by rafaym1

Timeline
I don't see anything in your timeline. I am sure there is no country named N/A and no person named N/A, If u could please update your timeline then all of us would know cases like yours, and it would be reflected in the timeline when I pull the data. I am not saying u don't get APs. If everything goes smootly you could receive the packet 4rm ISB within 5 weeks & interview another 4-5 weeks after they receive the papers. So just to explain this further, who are unable to understand this. Please look at the attachmet. I hope this helps.

MIN-------------MAX

rafaym1 -- Thanks for the chart.... i haven't figured out how to do that exactly in the timeline....... i'm sure its not that difficult but its very usefull!!

How do I know when the embassy has received the packet? Should I call them and ask or is there a way for me to check online? I have my new case number and have received the NVC letter in the mail but i dont recall it mentioning anything bout that on there.

Thanks alot for both of your inputs! I'm going to hope for the best (of course) and I realize its a complete toss up and can take much much longer than the "ideal" situation!

Gohar

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Timeline

MIN-------------MAX

rafaym1 -- Thanks for the chart.... i haven't figured out how to do that exactly in the timeline....... i'm sure its not that difficult but its very usefull!!

How do I know when the embassy has received the packet? Should I call them and ask or is there a way for me to check online? I have my new case number and have received the NVC letter in the mail but i dont recall it mentioning anything bout that on there.

Thanks alot for both of your inputs! I'm going to hope for the best (of course) and I realize its a complete toss up and can take much much longer than the "ideal" situation!

Gohar

You can't call the embassy anymore, but you can email them, and thus far I have found they respond quite quickly (with me it's been within a business day). Just make sure to include your case number in the subject line.....be brief and detailed with your question(s) and list the petitioners name/d.o.b and ben name d.o.b. I also include the case number again just to be sure......my email was like this

Good morning, my name is Wendy Rauf and I would like to check the status of my visa application (or you can put the reciept of my visa application). Below is my information. thank you.

Pet:Wendy J Rauf d.o.b. March 18, 1977

Ben: Usama Rauf d.o.b. Dec 19 `975

Case number: ISL2007554006

That's how I do it...or when I've asked a question, like I said, I make it ver detailed and brief. I've written them in the morning my time and gotten a reply by evening my time...so they are usually quite on top to respond.

If they don't respond within a week....or even less.....I wouldn't hesitate to write again....

all the best

Timeline

hi everyone . I just called DOS and guess what the interview date has been issued. but i am very upset here . june 6th of next yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :o oooooooooh come on thats very much unfair to the immigrants after waitting for sooooo long thats what we get . anyway friends i have one thing to ask is there way to get an earlier date, can i request or anyting like that . cuz i am planing to go to pakistan next month . :help: plz let me know if there anyting can be done . thanks

Timeline
hi everyone . I just called DOS and guess what the interview date has been issued. but i am very upset here . june 6th of next yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :o oooooooooh come on thats very much unfair to the immigrants after waitting for sooooo long thats what we get . anyway friends i have one thing to ask is there way to get an earlier date, can i request or anyting like that . cuz i am planing to go to pakistan next month . :help: plz let me know if there anyting can be done . thanks

Hi. Maybe you can call or email the embassy, but from what I hear lately the interviews have been scheduled anywhere from 4-6 months away. I am planning on being in Pakistan next summer for a few months and I am hoping that my fiance will have his interview by then, but from the way things look I don't know.

Imran and Safiya's Visa Journey[/u]

02-10-2005 We met online.

03-14-2007 Traveled to Pakistan to meet my fiance.

03-27-2007 Left Pakistan to return to United States.

07-05-2007 Filed K-1 fiance Visa (mailed via DHL)

07-09-2007 I-129 received at Nebraska Service Center

07-16-2007 NOA1 notice date (would have been sooner, but was forwarded to CSC)

07-18-2007 Touched

08-15-2007 Touched

03-09-2008 Touched

03-14-2008 Touched

05-13-2008 APPROVED (only took 313 days)

05-21-2008 Received at NVC

06-05-2008 Left NVC

06-13-2008 Packet 3.5 received by fiance

07-13-2009 Interview (Islamabad) APPROVED and on AP, was told 1-3 months

08-12-2009 Visa in hand

09-05-2009 Arrived in U.S. (POE JFK)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.