gimiceli

Divorce with K3 visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'm brazilian and married my associate 2 years ago. I have the K3 visa, since januery/07 and we didn't apply for AOS yet. Last yera I got pregnant and our relationship changed completely. He got phisycal with me a few times, and has some drinking issues. His father lives with us and has serious alchool problems also. I left to Brazil in April and was there for 6 weeks, had no intention to come back, since all he was saying was for me to stay over there with our baby. After 4 weeks with my family, he started calling me and asking me to come back home. I came back 5 weeks ago and everything was ok... last night he got phisycal again and told me to leave to brazil. He was hitting on my head and face and said that he wouldn't leave any marks on me, that nobody was going to see anything.

Said he was going to call the immigration service to deport me and that he was going to take my baby away from me.

Said that he will not support me here in the US. Said that for him everything will be easy because he's USC and I have nothing here, nobody and have no rights in his country. I'm lost and don't know what my rights are... I really live a very abusive marriege and want to end it.

I invested in his company a few years ago, so I don't have anything.

For me I just go back to Brazil, but i need him to give me authorization to fly with our baby.

I appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks! gi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I'm brazilian and married my associate 2 years ago. I have the K3 visa, since januery/07 and we didn't apply for AOS yet. Last yera I got pregnant and our relationship changed completely. He got phisycal with me a few times, and has some drinking issues. His father lives with us and has serious alchool problems also. I left to Brazil in April and was there for 6 weeks, had no intention to come back, since all he was saying was for me to stay over there with our baby. After 4 weeks with my family, he started calling me and asking me to come back home. I came back 5 weeks ago and everything was ok... last night he got phisycal again and told me to leave to brazil. He was hitting on my head and face and said that he wouldn't leave any marks on me, that nobody was going to see anything.

Said he was going to call the immigration service to deport me and that he was going to take my baby away from me.

Said that he will not support me here in the US. Said that for him everything will be easy because he's USC and I have nothing here, nobody and have no rights in his country. I'm lost and don't know what my rights are... I really live a very abusive marriege and want to end it.

I invested in his company a few years ago, so I don't have anything.

For me I just go back to Brazil, but i need him to give me authorization to fly with our baby.

I appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks! gi

OMG... What a jerk.

Are you still pregnant or did you already have the baby? I'm not sure how that works when the baby hasn't been born yet - you may or may not need his permission to leave the country.

You need to see a family lawyer. Legal Aid may be able to help you for a low fee or free of charge.

Your husband sounds like a typical abusive creep who beats you up first, then apologizes and promises to be good, and then does it all over again. Creeps like this should be isolated from society :angry:

And guess what - you do have rights here. You are an abused spouse, and it doesn't matter what your citizenship status is - you have rights. If you wanted to, you could apply for a green card on your own, by filing an I-360 as a a battered spouse. And the fact that your husband is an abusive jerk should make it easier for you to get full custody of the baby (although this is a really difficult issue, maybe even more difficult than immigration).

Please, be safe. Are you still living with him? You may think about going to a battered women's shelter - there should be one in your community. Call this number: 1-800-799-7233. It's a national domestic abuse hotline - they will give you addresses of local shelters and tell you what other resources are available to you.

Please be safe and keep us posted.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello Jewel!

Thank you very much for your words! My baby is now 8 months - He is the only reason why I'm still here and still with him. Last night at 4am he hit me in the face and head when I was nursing my son. I'm lost because I don't have anybody here and no place to go... and all his threatens are killing me. Now I know that I can have some help even not being a citizen. I really appreciate your help and advices.

Thank you very much!

Please call that phone number that Jewel gave you - you need help, and you're entitled to it - whether you're a US citizen or not, it doesn't matter. They're there to help you.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Hello Tracy,

Will do it. Thank you!

Document your abuse with the police.

If you want you can still adjust status if you have records of abuse.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.