Tost

How to change embassy for interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

On the I-130, I put my home country as the place for interview. However, I want to change it to where I’m living now. I have an extension to stay here, starting from a business visa then changed to a  student visa. All it says on the stamp is that it’s an extension of stay, nothing about the purpose. Only that I can stay for 1 year. When my I-130 gets approved, how do I change it when it goes to NVC? Will they let me chance it if it’s an extension to stay but doesn’t say purpose?How much longer processing time does it add? How long of validity do they need to see on the visa?

Thankyou 🙂

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tost said:

On the I-130, I put my home country as the place for interview. However, I want to change it to where I’m living now. I have an extension to stay here, starting from a business visa then changed to a  student visa. All it says on the stamp is that it’s an extension of stay, nothing about the purpose. Only that I can stay for 1 year. When my I-130 gets approved, how do I change it when it goes to NVC? Will they let me chance it if it’s an extension to stay but doesn’t say purpose?How much longer processing time does it add? How long of validity do they need to see on the visa?

Thankyou 🙂

You contact NVC when the time comes.  The category of visa is all the "purpose" they need.  If it's a business visa, they will know that from the visa category.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 hours ago, pushbrk said:

You contact NVC when the time comes.  The category of visa is all the "purpose" they need.  If it's a business visa, they will know that from the visa category.

Hmmph. I suppose that’s where it gets a little complicated. Business visa is what i entered on, then got some extensions based on the covid extensions they had here. Now I have a stamp that just says it’s extended for 1 year. It’s supposed to be a student visa extension, but no where in my passport does it say that. The business visa I entered on expired a long time ago and I stayed on covid visas then got that 1 year extension, so iim no sure what to say as category since if you just look at the poassport it’s just extensions to stay and the only last “visa” I had was business visa. 

as well I have another question. Does it change how long NVC takes to processs, will it slow down the process?

thanskyou 🙂

Edited by Tost

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tost said:

Hmmph. I suppose that’s where it gets a little complicated. Business visa is what i entered on, then got some extensions based on the covid extensions they had here. Now I have a stamp that just says it’s extended for 1 year. It’s supposed to be a student visa extension, but no where in my passport does it say that. The business visa I entered on expired a long time ago and I stayed on covid visas then got that 1 year extension, so iim no sure what to say as category since if you just look at the poassport it’s just extensions to stay and the only last “visa” I had was business visa. 

as well I have another question. Does it change how long NVC takes to processs, will it slow down the process?

thanskyou 🙂

Advice is the same.  Yes, it slows the process by a week or two but how slow depends on your responses.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.