Jake77

Questions Regarding NBI Clearance

5 posts in this topic

image.png.bb8c81ecac7950eb4e6e25a4aed50b79.png

1. What is a Record Clearance? Is this the same as the current NBI Clearance?  Or, are there two types of clearances? . . . It says "for travel purposes," my old clearance says "MULTI-PURPOSE." Are they the same?

2.  NBI Clearance with an AKA? Where do I get this? NBI's website for registration doesn't even have a nickname or any other aliases to be filled out - only the first, middle and last name.

======

I also signed in on their website to renew my clearance. I've yet to pay it later, I've received my reference number (to be paid at 7/11) on my phone but it's not on the transaction list on their website. Should I be concerned?

image.png

Edited by Jake77
Added more info

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. I think they are the same. I never indicated what type of clearance when I took mine.

2. I think this is only required if you have documents with you name misspelled on it. Otherwise just leave it.

3. As far as my experience goes, you don't need to pay online. You only need the reference number. When you arrive at an NBI branch they separate people who are already paid and who are not yet paid. Paying online will only make you skip one step (which is paying physically).

Sidenote: There were also people able to walk-in when I went to the NBI branch near me.

The NBI clearance with AKA is usually for married women, so NBI runs both maiden and married names in their records search. 

It's also applicable to people who changed their names through adoption.

If you've only ever used one given name + middle name + surname in your life, you don't need to worry about the AKA.

13 hours ago, Adventine said:

The NBI clearance with AKA is usually for married women, so NBI runs both maiden and married names in their records search. 

It's also applicable to people who changed their names through adoption.

If you've only ever used one given name + middle name + surname in your life, you don't need to worry about the AKA.

Missed one.  A corrected name on a birth certificate.

Finally done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.